GAME THREAD - 01/10/07 - 7:30 PM Knicks vs Sixers

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:30 PM, Friday, January 10th, 2007
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
<center>
madison-square-garden-address.jpg
</center>
<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="420"><tbody><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am
TV STREAMING: TVU - O-TSN (channel 32398)
Sopcast - MSG (channel 13081)
Radio Streaming:The Game Live

</td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#003399">
knicks_logo.gif

New York Knicks: 15-21
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3099.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3407.jpg
3609.jpg
3934.jpg
3514.jpg
</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Marbury</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Crawford</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jeffries</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Frye</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Curry</center></td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
vs
</td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="Black">
sixers_logo.gif

Philadelphia 76ers: 9-25
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3331.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3826.jpg
4144.jpg
3003.jpg
3534.jpg
</center></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Miller</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Iguodala</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Carney</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Smith</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Dalembert</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

Key Matchup:
zeke.jpg
VS
030602_LarryBrown.jpg

Stats
Knicks Team Stats
Sixers Team Stats

Notes
www.nba.com/knicks/news/notes.pdf
www.nba.com/sixers/news/notes.pdf

Game Preview
www.nba.com/games/20070110/PHINYK/preview.html

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Under normal conditions, this would be an easy win. But the hiring of Larry Brown will make this a very personal dispute between him and the city of NY

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Under normal conditions, this would be an easy win. But the hiring of Larry Brown will make this a very personal dispute between him and the city of NY

Let's hope that our team is totally motivated so tehy can show Brown, how bad his coaching was.

!@&&@)(!!~~~@!

ARGH!
CHRIST!

WHEN IS ISAIAH THOMAS GOING TO GROW A FUCKING BRAIN AND START DAVID LEE???

seriously. every night, the knicks arent that great at first, then he has to do all the fucking substitutions. i swear, when 6ish minutes have gone by, he'll do it again.
WHY?

im an 18 year old pregnant white chick and i could coach the knicks better than isiah.
:wallbash:

gega

Rookie
the knicks better win this one, if they dont i will be very upset, hopefully andre miller wont outplay marbury like he did last game sheesh....:fire:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks man, i'm doing my best :D
Great 1st quarter, Marbury with 11 points and 5 assists!! (made 2/3 from the 3 point line). The start was great with steph's 3 pointer as time expired and Jeffries' 2 offensive rebounds. Sixers' defence is really suffering since they allowed 32! points already. Channing Frye has had a great shooting 8 points so far, while Eddy does what knows best. Scoring. 10 points for him.

very good first half!

i love it. theyre doing awesome.
i love it when they can get their defense going.
and so far so good with q rich back!

i wonder if nate will get some spark back...
he seems kind of blah.

:gony:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
can't believe balkman is so bad from the free point line! fortunately this looks like a blowout so i'm not upset on him or anything haha

btw, is larry brown at the game? oh please let him be :teeth:

d2319

Benchwarmer
We need to keep up the lead and maybe increase it. It seems like Q is good but Nate seems less agrassive. :( Anyway Marbury, I mean Starbury is doing great. It was great that they opened the game up with a 3.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Not looking good at all. The sixers just cut the lead to 10 after being led by 24 in the 2nd quarter

d2319

Benchwarmer
Curry is doing great with his free throws. He looks relaxed. The Knicks need to be careful about this game. I don't want overtimes!!!!!!!!!!!

metrocard

Legend
3331.jpg

Another win, we got the Bobcats on Friday. All we need to do is play .500 basketball the rest of the season and we'll be in the playoffs.

gega

Rookie
why did we win in such a sloppy manner, but hey a win is a win, we should of won by 50 points though!, we should get a good win against the bobcats. :fire:

anyone have any thoughts on why we came close to letting that go???
they shouldve kept up their momentum regardless of how many points they were up by

NYKnicks15

Starter
i dont think so much it was that we played bad down the stretch as you could see us go easy on htem towards the end. thats my opinion.

but it was a good win. need to lower turnovers to stay successful. thats what 4 or 5 in a row at the garden? thats a very good thing. build a streak at home get our fans into it.

did marbury give up on the assists? haha. i always defend him when they say he does his asts until he meets his "requirement" but 6 in the first half then NONE in the second? whats up with that.

& monroe i dont get where you are coming from? you can coach better than him? he has kept a regular 9 man rotation of Curry, Frye, Lee, Jeffries, Balkman, Q-Rich, JC, Marbs and Nate. what subsititutions? and Lee is good but why start him? its all about building chemistry. and a 6'11, 6'11, 6'11 C/PF/SF lineup is where we want to build chemistry. David is VERY good, but hes good even on the bench putting a spark on the floor.