View Poll Results: Is Melo taking his talents to Jersey?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nah, Jersey is for over tanned guidos not melo. He's coming to NY!!!

5 38.46%
  • Yeah. He's a goner....

8 61.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys... we might be in trouble.

Trade Icon Guys... we might be in trouble.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"The Nets are "further along" in talks with the Nuggets on a blockbuster trade for Carmelo Anthony than they have been ever before, according to sources.

A three-team deal involving the Pistons that would include at least 15 players could be completed as soon as this week.

According to sources, the primary framework of the trade would ship Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton to New Jersey; Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Anthony Morrow and at least two first-round picks to Denver and Troy Murphy and Johan Petro to Detroit.

One key to the advancing nature of negotiations, sources said, is New Jersey and Denver's willingness to complete a trade without asking Detroit to surrender a first-round pick.

Still, one source insists that the Pistons taking on Petro's contract could be a potential snag."

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Pretty crazy if it goes through. I hope it doesn't. Thoughts?

Until I see it on ESPN and Yahoo Sports I aint buying.

Isn't this like the 3rd time they "almost" or were "very close" to completing a deal since October

Good deal for Denver if it goes down. I think Favors will turn out to be pretty nice, but their gonna get some good 1st round draft picks to.

Any trade for Anthony, however, still hinges on the All-Star forward's willingness to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nets as part of the transaction in what is known as an extend-and-trade. The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] got the same extend-and-trade commitment from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] when they acquired him from Minnesota in July 2007.
    The Nets have made it clear that they will not agree to an Anthony deal without getting his signature on an extension a la Garnett. ESPN.com reported last month that the Nets plan to request permission -- and have already been told they will receive it -- to meet with Anthony face-to-face if a trade agreement is eventually struck with Denver. That would allow owner Mikhail Prokhorov and part-owner Jay-Z to lead a Nets contingent that would try to lobby the Brooklyn-born Anthony directly on the team's future, with the Nets planning to move to Brooklyn in time for the 2012-13 season.

One source close to the situation insisted Sunday that the Nets -- optimistic as this sounds -- believe a face-to-face meeting with Prokhorov won't even be necessary to get Anthony's signoff if New Jersey can indeed acquire Billups and Hamilton. It was not immediately clear, though, how Denver native Billups' reported desire to seek a buyout if he's traded by his hometown team to the Nets would affect Anthony's stance.

via ESPN NY

I also read a tweet from chris broussard that said a Melo sit down with the russian fag and gay z may not be necessary to convince Melo to sign with NJ.. He may just be out of our reach

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    I also read a tweet from chris broussard that said a Melo sit down with the russian fag and gay z may not be necessary to convince Melo to sign with NJ.. He may just be out of our reach
    like I said I'll believe it once it's complete. I just dont see how'd he think he'd be better of going somewhere with a starting lineup of:

Lopez
    Humprhies
    Him
    Hamilton
    Farmar(sine Billups would want to be bought out)

Then he'd be worse off than in Denver w/:

Nene
    Martin
    Him
    Afflalo/Smith
    Billups

Veteran

Nyk Logo

close.. sure... this will go down to the trading deadline.... for many reasons...

most of all

denver wants to make sure the nets pick is as bad as possible.. it wont go til the last day.. but close to..

DUMARS...doenst want NY to get melo.. so of course is smart for him to try to spread out the talents.. he knows the nets wont be that good..

but if NY gets melo,, het got to deat with miami, boston,orlando, us, etc for the next 4-5 yesrs.. nj wont be elite..

Melo needs NY more than NY needs Melo.

Marc Gasol + a SG and a backup PG = Carmelo.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Marc Gasol + a SG and a backup PG = Carmelo.
    Agreed basically.

I like Melo, but let's not buy into the two superstars theory. A superstar, with a very good cast at each position is great.

We should spam melo's twitter to persuade him not to sign an extension but wait for the offseason to sign here.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

he's agreed to sign an extension with the nets, so now the deal just needs to get done. its ok though i would that cause that makes a "rivalry" even more interesting to watch. what i want to see now it what kind of moves we make now. Obviously waiting it out was the best move to do and thats what walsh did as supposedly Denver wanted all 3 ( chandler, fields AND gallo on top of expirers and a draft pick ). now we look and shift our attention to Varejao or a legit starting C perhaps trade Curry's expiring for fallen-out-of-favor C dalemberts expiring.

its obvious what we need and now we just have to do it were not necessarily a superstar away-as Chandler and Felton have put that to rest with their superb play. we just need a few pieces and STAT knows this

I dont think this Melo going to NJ is going to happen... The Nets are worst off than Denver that would not be smart on his end..
    I just hope Walsh doesnt fall for this trick Denver is trying to bait us into.. I dont want to gut our team out for Melo that makes no sense.. We are finally playing good.. If we can sign him in the off season great but to gut the team no way...

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    he's agreed to sign an extension with the nets, so now the deal just needs to get done. its ok though i would that cause that makes a "rivalry" even more interesting to watch. what i want to see now it what kind of moves we make now. Obviously waiting it out was the best move to do and thats what walsh did as supposedly Denver wanted all 3 ( chandler, fields AND gallo on top of expirers and a draft pick ). now we look and shift our attention to Varejao or a legit starting C perhaps trade Curry's expiring for fallen-out-of-favor C dalemberts expiring.

its obvious what we need and now we just have to do it were not necessarily a superstar away-as Chandler and Felton have put that to rest with their superb play. we just need a few pieces and STAT knows this
    I hear you, and love what your saying, but Varejao wont get major minutes playing for Dantoni. He cant shot that well. If we had a more convential coach he'd be perfect. Dantoni needs Pat Ewing or Hakeem the Dream.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    I hear you, and love what your saying, but Varejao wont get major minutes playing for Dantoni. He cant shot that well. If we had a more convential coach he'd be perfect. Dantoni needs Pat Ewing or Hakeem the Dream.
    varjao is gone for the year. Why haven't we tried to get Dalembert for Curry?

Originally Posted by la2ny
    varjao is gone for the year. Why haven't we tried to get Dalembert for Curry?
    I guess we're saving Curry for the Melo deal that doesnt seem like its going to happen...