Webber reaches agreement on buyout

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
According to Philadelphia Daily News Chris Webber has played his last game with the 76ers. A source told the Daily News late last night that Webber and the Sixers had agreed on the terms of a buyout of the remainder of his contract. The source said that Webber, who will become a free agent, would give back less than $5 million in the deal. In his 14th NBA season, Webber is listed on the team's salary cap at $20,718,750 this season and is due $22,312,500 next season.

Now Webber has value. No need to take on 20 million. Where do you thinke he'll go? NY, Miami, Houston?

metrocard

Legend
Hopefully not here, he'll take playing time away from our youth, we don't need that, especially when you see what happend with Francis. Francis is a good player, just not on the right team, ship him. Thanks.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
yeah c webb would be takin hours from frye and shallow water (Lee). At this point with the team finally winning i think it would be a mistake.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I've always liked Frye coming behind Curry. This could work if Frye backs up Curry and Lee backs up Webber. The really important part is that we don't take away Lee's minutes. Still a healthy Webber is a much better rebounder than Frye and can be a good asset for Curry.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
i hope the knicks dont get webber he is not the same player at all he is not good anymore and the knicks got good young talent curry, frye, and lee already sorry webber no room

metrocard

Legend
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I've always liked Frye coming behind Curry. This could work if Frye backs up Curry and Lee backs up Webber. The really important part is that we don't take away Lee's minutes. Still a healthy Webber is a much better rebounder than Frye and can be a good asset for Curry.

Nah, we don't need to make that kind of move. We already took a couple of washed up ex-all stars in Francis, Marbury, Penny, etc and etc the list goes on. I rather not make trades, unless its for an expiring or draft pick.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Marbury....washed up?? It obviously doesn't look like it now from the way he's balling. I think you might need to go back to your "job" because from the way you're posting...you might want to stay there ALL DAY LONG.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury isn't the 20 and 8 player he once was. He's still good, but washed up. Same with Francis. You need to GET a job, and stay away from these forums. Go root for a team in your city, which obviously isn't New York. I have no problem with non NYC Knick fans. I accually chat with alot of them on Yahoo, from Spain, from San Fran, from Brasil. But don't make us look bad. Anyway, once again you go with the personal insults, I wasn't even replying to you. You need to hop off or get banned. LOL. Hop off of Chris's nuts man.