GAME THREAD - 01/12/07 - 7:30 PM Knicks vs Bobcats

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:30 PM, Friday, January 12th, 2007
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
<center>
madison-square-garden-address.jpg
</center>
<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="420"><tbody><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am
TV STREAMING: TVU - O-TSN (channel 32398)
Sopcast - MSG (channel 13081)
Radio Streaming:The Game Live

</td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#003399">
knicks_logo.gif

New York Knicks: 16-21
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3099.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3407.jpg
3609.jpg
3934.jpg
3514.jpg
</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Marbury</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Crawford</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jeffries</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Frye</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Curry</center></td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
vs
</td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#ff3300">
bobcats_logo.gif

Charlotte Bobcats: 10-23
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3931.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center></center></center>
3183.jpg
</td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center><center><center>
3785.jpg
</center></center></center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3819.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3426.jpg
</center></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Felton</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Anderson</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Carroll</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Okafor</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Brezec</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

Stats
Knicks Team Stats
Bobcats Team Stats

Notes
www.nba.com/knicks/news/notes.pdf
www.nba.com/bobcats/news/notes.pdf

Game Preview
www.nba.com/games/20070112/CHANYK/preview.html

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im almost thinkin that we didnt need jeffries. I like him and i think hes a good player but isiah probably wasnt expecting q rich to make the come back he has this year with offense and very solid defense and he wasnt expecting lee to be the solid player he has become. Well, shit! now were stuck with him for what, 5 years? Its kind of like what happend with jerome james before we got curry. Hopefully isiah can find 30 minutes a game for Lee and they can add to the win streak. The bobcats are a better team then their record shows but i think the knicks are to so it should be a good game as the bobcats seem to put up a fight every time they play. We gotta root for chicago 2nite against new jerz which would tie us up with them but Toronto is tough especially with bosh back now. Its gonna be a close race in the Atlantic with the celtics still in the picture once they get pierce back.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Even though Q is being what weve all wanted him to be he is not our ideal SF. plain and simple. a lineup that has 6'11 in three spots is where we want to begin. Once we rid ourselves of Steve Francis and decide what we are gonna do with Nate you will see our rotation have

Curry/Frye/Lee for the C/PF
Jeffries/Balkmn at the SF
and Q/JC/Steph at the guards positions.

Q is what we want at SG not at SF. and Jeffries (even if he just puts his hands up at the SF is better than a 6'6 Q doing the same.

now onto this game, we have won 5 straight at the garden and this should continue the streak. but charlotte is a surprsiingly crafty team so it should be tough. root for us, root against new jersey! well be 4 games within 500!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont know man q rich had some very imressive defensive performances against 2 of the best sf's in the league, pierce and king james. Jeffries is a better defender? I dont know about that he hasnt proved it to me yet. He gets a lot of deflections but q rich is could be one of the better 1 on 1 defenders in the league at his position. height does not always matter cuz if it did nate robinson wouldnt be in the NBA so i dont think just having a 6'11" jeffries at sf is an advantage over a 6'6" Q rich.

BallHead

Benchwarmer
Q's back is unreliable, you never know when its going to go out. Jefferies wrist isn't 100%. So having Q at the swing position is great. Until these guys have at least another year together it will be hard to make a definitive assesment simply because of injuries.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Not an easy game tomorrow. The Bobcats just beat the Pistons on their own court and our old Matt Carroll is putting up surprisingly big numbers.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Humm. There are a lot of ways we can go with this line up. I think we should trash the idea of 3 6'11 guys starting. Jeffries is a good defense player but he's not good enough all around to start. I think he'd be great coming off the bench with Balkman. Idealy we'd want to start Richardson at SG, his true position but he is too inconsistant. I'm sorry but I'm not convinced after just one game that we've got what we've paid for. This is just me but my line up would look like this:

Curry
Frye
Lee
Richardson
Marbury

or

Curry
Lee
Richardson
Crawford
Marbury

I'm all for starting Lee all though we can use his energy coming off the bench. I know benching Frye is not a popular move but at least we know we'd have a sold back up for Curry or Lee. As far as this Bobcat's business, I'm not worried. One day the Bobcats will be a good team but that day has not come yet.

Trin_Starr

Starter
the bobcats always seem to give the knicks trouble - but I think that near loss a few weeks ago is still in the knicks' mind - so they know they need to bring the intensity and play hard for 48 and I'm sure we'll get the W.

plus we only played with 8 men that day - we have a full squad now.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Well back to reality. This game proves we need someone like Ron Artest. Our defense was AWFUL.

Marbury played well.

Mike Breen is a good non bias announcer, but he makes the games more painful to watch when he seems so happy when the other teams scorers. I rather have Gus announcing the game with Clyde, thats the perfect duo.

Nate needs to go. He's a child, a baby. 7 Techs this season? Hasn't he learned already? God, grow the hell up. This thug image is so corny on Nate. If he's such a thug, lets see him go to Iraq and battle out there, or try to start some trouble in the South Bronx. Nate needs to clean up his act, all these techinicals annoy the hell out of me. Especially his poor defensive and his inability running an offense. I wouldn't mind if we ship Nate, because we can't keep Crawford, Marbury and Nate on the same team. I want a defensive PG replacing Robinson. We need Artest or someone who molds his defensive style. Jefferies is a solid defender, not good. His offense is terrible, talk about another overpaid signing.

We have winning streaks each year, and we end up getting blown out by one of the worst teams to end that streak. I've seen this happend every year. So I'm not going to go crazy and hop on Isiah's bandwagon and admit he's doing "Great things" for this team, cause he isn't. Theres a million other people who could be doing a better job. We started 2006 with 6 straight wins, but what happend? We broke down after that. This team isn't built for winning. Their styles do no match, the formula doesn't work. If its going to take 3 more years of losing with the same players on this team for you guys to understand that, then you're mentally retarded.

Tough loss, especially when I watched the whole game with Mike Breen bitching about everything.

it seems like everyone got frustrated early and let their tempers fuck things up.

im pissed at nate robinson. the past 2 games he hasnt had any energy...i dont even t hink he's scored a basket.
tonight was just upsetting.

and off topic, but does morrison piss anyone else off? i dunno if its his stupid hair or what but he grinds my nerves. lol

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The bobcats aren't really a good team but they play very hard and what does that make the knicks? The opposite, a good team loaded with talent that doesnt always play hard

Adam Morrison pissed me off too, its that hair and the mustache. A couple of his teammates need to beat him down and shave him.

paris401

Starter
The bobcats aren't really a good team but they play very hard and what does that make the knicks? The opposite, a good team loaded with talent that doesnt always play hard

Adam Morrison pissed me off too, its that hair and the mustache. A couple of his teammates need to beat him down and shave him.

the knicks a 'good' team... i dunno if i would go that far ..