Nate Robinson gone?

metrocard

Legend
He didn't play the first half against the Kings. I'm glad Isiah isn't that stupid and realized he needed to punish Robinson for his immature actions on the court.

I was really disappointed when we drafted Robinson at 21, we had so many better options at that pick. Robinson is what he is. A 5"8 off guard who's a streaky scorer. He's not that good, but he tries to take over games or believes he can play one on five. He also talks ALOT of trash to the refs, veteran and players. Hell, Nate even thinks he's a big boss in the locker room. Remember those bets against Malik Rose and Jerome James?

I rather have Marbury start at PG, and Crawford play back up PG.

Trust me, I completely understand Robinson is a fun player to watch, cause most of us are taller than him, and he does some unreal things on the court, but he has shown he doesn't want to change his image, his attitude or how he plays on the court. He has been very stubborn the past 2 years in the NBA.

Even when I went crazy and pissed off about drafting Robinson, I realized I had to give him a chance and see what he can do here. So far, I haven't been impressed. Theres ALOT of PG's in the NBA who can score 9 points off the bench and pass and defend more. He is replacable, the problem is

Isiah has an ego. When he got here, his first mission was to get rid of everything Layden touched. From Keith Van Horn to Kurt Thomas to Don Chaney, so on an so on. This roster you see now are his GUYS. No matter how terrible they play, I think he's going to stick with them the next 2 years. I don't know if thats a good idea, but I'm not going to predict anything.

Isn't Detroit looking for a back up PG? There a couple of teams in the league who are looking for back up PGs.

Let me make this clear, I would trade Francis and Crawford before I trade Francis. But I really doubt anyone would take the contracts of Francis and Crawford. Francis and Crawford are clearly superior to Robinson, but giving away their contracts would benefit us, and give Marbury more freedom to score the basketball. It will also give Robinson consistant minutes.

So with that being said, I would like to see Nate be traded if Francis and Crawford are going to be on this roster the next couple of years. If Francis or Crawford are gone, I say keep Robinson and hopefully he'll change his ways.

I really want to see Nate suceed in the league and live up to the hype of the 21 pick. He has disappointed me because I had high hopes for him this season. Everything seem to fell apart when he traveled on the open court trying do that fancy dunk.

-Jose

Starks

Starter
I'm at work, so i don't know whats going on in the game. But for the record, I'd rather stick with Mardy Collin's than Nate. My love affair with him died the day I heard he got into a fight with Rose over a Seahawk game...and this is after disgusting loss to a shitty team. This is way before his blown layup early this year btw.

My antagonism w/ certain Knick players have been well documented on this site, but make no mistake about it -I'd welcome Marbuy on this team anyday over Nate.

Why do people like? I SWEAR TO MY GRAMPS, i really think Nate has more valuse as a mascot. I've seen higher Basketball IQ on the courts next to my building than I see in this knucklehead. He belongs on the Blazers or Hawks.

metrocard

Legend
I'm at work, so i don't know whats going on in the game. But for the record, I'd rather stick with Mardy Collin's than Nate. My love affair with him died the day I heard he got into a fight with Rose over a Seahawk game...and this is after disgusting loss to a shitty team. This is way before his blown layup early this year btw.

My antagonism w/ certain Knick players have been well documented on this site, but make no mistake about it -I'd welcome Marbuy on this team anyday over Nate.

Why do people like? I SWEAR TO MY GRAMPS, i really think Nate has more valuse as a mascot. I've seen higher Basketball IQ on the courts next to my building than I see in this knucklehead. He belongs on the Blazers or Hawks.

Co-sign on this.

Heh, yeh I remember that when he made a bet with Malik Rose. I've seen Nate trashed talk to so many guys, but never walked the talk.

Blazers could use Robinson accually, since Sergio Rodriguez isn't much a scorer but a great passer. We need a great passer as a back up PG. But hey its just a thought.

I'm not here to bash Nate or anything, I'm just showing disapproval of how he's presented himself as a Knick this season. From all SIDES, on the court, off the court and etc.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player

I agree. The fight did not disappoint me. His childish acts are getting annoying. He needs to get his act together quick or we may see a quick exit.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i disagree with everyone so far. I think nate had the energy, motivation and determination to become a good player in the nba and as marbury gets older nate will get more minutes and produce. He certainitly needs to be more consistent of offense and defense but hes shown potential on both ends of the floor. He does argue too much and act childish but he'll grow up.

NYKnicks15

Starter
I agree for the most part. Nate is entertaining and has that spark but is he worth it? no.

with Q/JC/Marbs as our guard rotation we have no use for him. Francis either (but his demise will come shortly, not the demise of his career that came 2 years ago haha poor Stevie).

Now with that rotation and Francis gone I say we dont even trade for another player. We use Mardy (if necessary as the 3rd pg on the team.)

Isiah knows Nate has trade value. like him or not, hell draw a crowd and get buzz around your team just from the dunk competitions and highlight reels. but how to use him? Well simple, send Jerome James with Nate to get some cap relief and possibly a second round pick.

Detroit wont take him because they are going to have Marco Jaric for either Dale Davis, Nazr Mohammed or Antonio McDyess in a couple days after they sign Chris Webber.

I dont think well see Nate go before deadline (and thats good so we can claim him in the dunk comp haha) but its possible in the offseason.

Oh and we didnt draft Nate Robinson.. Pheonix did.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I hated the way the media jumped all over the fight. It really wasn't that big of a deal. That being said I've only seen Nate do two things that impressed me.
1. Winning the dunk contest and
2. The 3 pointer win over the 76ers last year. I was at the game but even then I was more impressed with Marbury. I say we play his lil ass to show case him then see who bites. Starks you hit the nail right on the head. Collins is way underrated.

Starks

Starter
feel the luvvvv. For the first time on knicksonline, everyone is in agreement!

Best thing about Nate is that he has that childish-like aura that little kids love. And for a franchise like the Hawks, Blazers, & Sonics- they will make a lopsided trade to get him.

Best place for him is Seattle. Ridnour/ Lewis, maybe even a kamikazee trade for Ray Allen come to mind. Seattle is a franchise teetering on the brink of destruction, they need a hometown guy.

And I wouldn't care if he turned into a 20ppg scorer, I won't miss him. Remember in NYC, no one cried when perenial MVP candidate Gary Shefield was traded. This city isn't all about stats and numbers -ask John Starks

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think you forgot about me cuz i dont agree that he should be traded. I agreed that he was childish. I think isiah has to evaluate for the next year and a half or 2 who would be a better point guard to take over as marbury gets older. Mardy Collins is underrated but i think nate is too. There both too young to tell who will be better. Collins is more of your traditional point guard but nates energy makes it tough at least for me. Robinson has shown potential as a passer and on the defensive end. He can break down a defense with his speed and find the open man while making it look easy AT TIMES. If he can show that he could become like marbury, a scorer and and a passer then you'd almost have to lean towards him over collins. But its tough to say at this point.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
If nate changes is attitude....by all means we keep him. But if he keeps with this childish attitude then he's worst than T.O in the locker room. Well maybe not that bad LOL. But you guys get my drift...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
hell no i love nate(no homo), the energy he brings is great and when the knicks are down and are out of it, nate and david lee are the ones who bring em back, the only thing i dont like about nate is that on Defense he tries to help too much and he is a little talkitive

metrocard

Legend
feel the luvvvv. For the first time on knicksonline, everyone is in agreement!

Best thing about Nate is that he has that childish-like aura that little kids love. And for a franchise like the Hawks, Blazers, & Sonics- they will make a lopsided trade to get him.

Best place for him is Seattle. Ridnour/ Lewis, maybe even a kamikazee trade for Ray Allen come to mind. Seattle is a franchise teetering on the brink of destruction, they need a hometown guy.

And I wouldn't care if he turned into a 20ppg scorer, I won't miss him. Remember in NYC, no one cried when perenial MVP candidate Gary Shefield was traded. This city isn't all about stats and numbers -ask John Starks

Probably cause I have the gay couple on ignore, it makes this forum a better enviroment if we ignore those fools.

I would like to acquire Johan Petro from Seattle for Nate Robinson. We need a back up defensive center, and Petro could be that guy.

Listen guys, I appreciate Nate's energy, but sometimes he's too out of control and tries to rush things. He needs to play with the team, it annoys me when he tries to go 1 on 5.

What!!!!!!! Nate got into a fight with Malik Rose over a football game??? When did this happen.

His rookie year.

Hey NYKnicks15, I agree. Hopefully someone can accept the package deal of Robinson and James.

The roster right now is set with Marbury/Crawford controlling the PG spot. Richardson/Crawford getting minutes at SG. Collins can easily fill the 3rd string role for both positions. I don't want to see Robinson play SG, he'll get torced on D, and I don't want to see him on offense. Robinson and Francis don't fit with this roster. Marbury is a better version of Francis, and Crawford is better than Nate. So theres need to be a subtraction.

When Isiah traded for Francis, it seemed insane to have Marbury, Francis, Robinson, Crawford all on the same team. I guess Isiah traded for Francis to add more talent to the roster. Hopefully we get something more valuable in return for Francis than the value of Ariza/Penny's huge expiring contract that will put Orlando under the cap this summer.

paris401

Starter
Hopefully we get something more valuable in return for Francis than the value of Ariza/Penny's huge expiring contract that will put Orlando under the cap this summer.

are u kidding??? if u were a gm, would u take the franchise ... i doubt it... he has 'zero' value until feb 09 ( 2years) when some team will take him cause of his expring contract... till then he is a knick...

Big C

Benchwarmer
We really do not have any use for Nate, however I don't see Dolan letting Isiah making anymore trades.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
We really do not have any use for Nate, however I don't see Dolan letting Isiah making anymore trades.

I think he would if Thomas could make some fiscally responsible trades. Like if he traded James and Nate for an expiring contract or Francis for an expring contract.