Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD - 01/17/07 - 7:00 PM Knicks @ Wizards

Game Thread GAME THREAD - 01/17/07 - 7:00 PM Knicks @ Wizards

This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:00 PM, Wednesday, January 17th, 2007
    Verizon Center, Washington, DC
    <center> </center>
    <table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="420"><tbody><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
    TV: MSG
    RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am
    TV STREAMING: Sopcast - MSG (channel 13081)
    Radio Streaming:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

</td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#003399">
    New York Knicks: 16-22
    </th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Marbury</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Richardson</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jeffries</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Frye</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Curry</center></td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
    @
    </td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#0e3764">
    Washington Wizards: 21-16
    </th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center><center></center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center></center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center><center><center></center></center></center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center></center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center></center></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Arenas</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Stevenson</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Buttler</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jamison</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Haywood</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

Stats
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Game Notes
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (PDF)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (PDF)

this game is all wizards unless gilbert arenas gets injured...other than that if they stop butler and arenas early then the knicks have a chance to win.

The knicks got this one...

The last time they played, steph wasn't the same player he is now - that should help alot.
    JC was practicing shooting hours after practice yesterday - so his shot is gonna be on today!

i can see steph crowding arenas - forcing him to drive, then the help defense slides in and takes the charge...he'll be in foul trouble all night

Starburys just gotta play that d that he played on ray allen. I think Clyde described it as clinging to him like a cheap suit. Its going to be tough but if we win we're just 4 games below .500

marbury and arenas are both playing great basketball right now. marburys defense has steppd up big time. hopefully its enough to shut down arenas and keep him under 20 pts. ny3nyk i dunno why ur saying the knicks have no shot unless arenas gets injured. did u forget we beat them in the 1st meeting with arenas playing. i really hope isiah keeps the roster down to 8 players. its been working out good for us. and look for jeffries to step it up in his return to washington. the knicks have a good chance of beating them. we need isiah to make the right desicions, marbury to play tight d on arenas and have a big offensive game like hes been having, david lee has 2 be david lee, curry has to be unstoppable, jamal has to be smart with his shot selection, frye has to keep playin the way he has, oh yea and this game the knicks have to find a way to stop jamison (@ least we have jeffries to size him up this time). we deft can win... it should be a great game

Veteran

this is gonna be a tough game and yes we did beat htem.. when they hadnt had their chemistry up to par. but this team is steam rollin now.

Marbury (which pains me to say this cause i never thought i would) has stepped up his D. He guarded Ray Allen very very nice when we played them and ray is 2 inches taller. Arenas being around the same size as marbury should make it even easier. lets just hope he gives him no room, cause we all know arenas will shoot from the stands if allowed.

now the only thing we cant get stuck on is getting upset when/if Agent 0 keeps scoring on us. we cant double team him as he drives the lane (if he does) because hell have Butler, Jamison, Stevenson who can all shoot the J. I think a zone would work really good on them.

im gonna go out on a limb here and say disregard, Marbs, Curry (who i think will have a nice game against their week front court) forget Arenas, jamison whoever else.. this game lays on the hands of one person.. Jared Jeffries.

Why? Well when you go back to play your former team it either results in two things ONE playing great or TWO playing like complete trash with a lot of personal fouls. you never really see an in between. if he can shut down at least Caron Butler we have a good chance at this. He knows this team like the back of his hand and as long as he puts those hands in the air and guards like crazy we have a shot.

this should be an exciting game, a lot of turnovers and fast break points. hopefully we get the upside of that. just need to stick on your man cause leave one open and theyll light us up on threes.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    this is gonna be a tough game and yes we did beat htem.. when they hadnt had their chemistry up to par. but this team is steam rollin now.

Marbury (which pains me to say this cause i never thought i would) has stepped up his D. He guarded Ray Allen very very nice when we played them and ray is 2 inches taller. Arenas being around the same size as marbury should make it even easier. lets just hope he gives him no room, cause we all know arenas will shoot from the stands if allowed.

now the only thing we cant get stuck on is getting upset when/if Agent 0 keeps scoring on us. we cant double team him as he drives the lane (if he does) because hell have Butler, Jamison, Stevenson who can all shoot the J. I think a zone would work really good on them.

im gonna go out on a limb here and say disregard, Marbs, Curry (who i think will have a nice game against their week front court) forget Arenas, jamison whoever else.. this game lays on the hands of one person.. Jared Jeffries.

Why? Well when you go back to play your former team it either results in two things ONE playing great or TWO playing like complete trash with a lot of personal fouls. you never really see an in between. if he can shut down at least Caron Butler we have a good chance at this. He knows this team like the back of his hand and as long as he puts those hands in the air and guards like crazy we have a shot.

this should be an exciting game, a lot of turnovers and fast break points. hopefully we get the upside of that. just need to stick on your man cause leave one open and theyll light us up on threes.
    I'll be convinced we're a playoff team if we can get this win tonight.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Starburys just gotta play that d that he played on ray allen. I think Clyde described it as clinging to him like a cheap suit. Its going to be tough but if we win we're just 4 games below .500
    ur rite he has to play good d on arenas like hes been playing all year

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Call me crazy but wouldn't the Knick be more effective if Jefferies played power forward and Frye played SF? Isn't Jefferies the better rebounder?

If Q-Rich keeps shooting like this then I don't see Washington beating us....

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Marbury's defense has been amazing. He's been forcing Arenas to making the wrong decision.

Crawford is retarded, is he high or what?

When Marbury isn't on the floor, our offense doesn't look fluid.

good show for the first half. richardson already with 25 going 5/8 from the 3
    david lee with another shot at the buzzer

is sopcast's audio working already??

Q so far is great. Lee is average and Crawford is garbage right now. Hopefully he can clean himself later on in the game. Nate actually looks calm and collective! Anyway GO KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

dam the wizards r good ,they make every shot it seems like

Marbury has to step it up and Curry must step it up also. Q can't carry the team by himself....