Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garnett to New York?

Veteran

Default Garnett to New York?

Deadline is approaching and rumors have circulated even though all GM's seem to agree Isiah has not been calling around the league.

He has not let a deadline pass without making a splash and it looks like the only rumor coming now is for none other than Kevin Garnett.

Marc Berman says the rumor is unsubstantiated but you cant help to wonder what if?

The package would supposedly be Channing Frye, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson and a 2008 first round pick for the Big Ticket Kevin Garnett.

Garnett makes 21 million this year.
    Combined the aformention only make 10.7.

the addition of Malik Rose & Jerome James would make this work perfectly or even the addition of Steve Francis. and you would think Minny would throw in someone the likes of Rashad McCants or the closely waived Eddie Griffin. Heres what both scenarios would like.

New York
    Eddy Curry/Kalvin Cato
    Kevin Garnett/David Lee
    Jared Jeffries/Renaldo Balkman
    Quentin Richardson/Rashad McCants
    Stephon Marbury/Steve Francis/Mardy Collins

Minnesota
    Mark Blount/Eddie Griffin/Jerome James
    Channing Frye/Craig Smith/Mark Madsen/Malik Rose
    Ricky Davis/Trenton Hassell/Justin Reed
    Jamal Crawford/Randy Foye/Bracey Wright
    Mike James/Nate Robinson/Troy Hudson/Marco Jaric

and theyd probably waive Eddie Griffin after a Jaric/Mohammed trade.

or

New York
    Eddy Curry/Kalvin Cato/Jerome James
    Kevin Garnett/David Lee/Malik Rose
    Stephon Marbury/Mardy Collins

Minnesota
    Mark Blount/Eddie Griffin
    Channing Frye/Craig Smith/Mark Madsen/
    Steve Francis/Mike James/Nate Robinson/Troy Hudson/Marco Jaric

who knows what theyll accept or even if it will happen but id hope for the first one where we give up James and Rose. what do you all think?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

It'll give Minnesota the weakest frontcourt in NBA history, but I'm cool for this deal since it benefits us.

I wish. I stopped listening to the weekly KG trade reports last year though.

Okay, im gona vent-instead of working as usual.

Ehem; So we all know Minnesota loves KG, and KG gets aggravated when people ask him if he wishes he was on a contender.

Why does McHale continue to hold onto him. Historically, Minnesota and NY havent had good trade relations. Infact, what team does???

Its time they cut him loose. In the west, that team will only tread water until KG blows his knees out and has to retire. Why don't fully commit to a youth movement and nab Frye and Nate.

I'll be honest, out of all our young guys- I only have confidance in Lee & Curry. And I admit, i really really miss Trevor Ariza.

I'll be on Isiha's side if he can land us KG. I also would like him to try to get Allen who is rumored to be availabe.

Veteran

if minny decides to trade garnett, they are in a rebuilding mode, and frye,jamal,nate, are threee young guys to help the rebuilt.. however as stated, the salaries do not mesh, so we would have to throw in another body.. we have a number of players that we could include to get the deal done... but.. u think they are going to take malik... (big laugh), or jerome.. (bigger laugh), or franchise.. (i'm rolling on the floor)..

i think it's going tobe awful tough to make this trade..

It's funny to me, the daily news says they wouldnt trade Garnett because the wolves are playing well and competing out west...

the infamous post says... it could be onthe Horizon

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

This is just a rumor but one way or another next season Kevin Garnett will not be a Temberwolf. I've been saying this for two years. NY has as good of a chance as any other team to get Garnett. I'd have more confidence in this trade if we were playing Francis but it is possible. Also keep in mind that Garnett will most likely have to approve this trade. But expect for Minny to ask for Lee and Frye. Ether way if Minny loses Garnett there not going to get a better deal than what the Knicks have to offer.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    New York
    Eddy Curry/Kalvin Cato
    Kevin Garnett/David Lee
    Stephon Marbury/Steve Francis/Mardy Collins

Minnesota
    Mark Blount/Eddie Griffin/Jerome James
    Channing Frye/Craig Smith/Mark Madsen/Malik Rose
    Mike James/Nate Robinson/Troy Hudson/Marco Jaric

and theyd probably waive Eddie Griffin after a Jaric/Mohammed trade.

or

New York
    Eddy Curry/Kalvin Cato/Jerome James
    Kevin Garnett/David Lee/Malik Rose
    Stephon Marbury/Mardy Collins

Minnesota
    Mark Blount/Eddie Griffin
    Channing Frye/Craig Smith/Mark Madsen/
    Steve Francis/Mike James/Nate Robinson/Troy Hudson/Marco Jaric
    For on thing I know is that Isiah is not going to give up on Channing Frye and Jamal Crawford. Channing has the sweet jump shot for a big man and Jamal is Mr. Clutch, when we need him we got him to to pull off a buzzer beater.

Originally Posted by brooklyn_baller
    For on thing I know is that Isiah is not going to give up on Channing Frye and Jamal Crawford. Channing has the sweet jump shot for a big man and Jamal is Mr. Clutch, when we need him we got him to to pull off a buzzer beater.
    If we have a shot of getting Garnett, Thomas will trade any one out side of Curry. No one is untradable.

If we trade both Crawford and Robinson for KG, then we don't have a reliable backup guard. I would love to see Marco Jaric included in the deal as well, but unfortunately I don't think we have the pieces to get either. Those expiring contracts (Jalen Rose and Maurice Taylor) would have come in real handy if Minnesota is looking to rebuild. I just pray to God that the Bulls don't steal him away from us, that would make me very angry.

12th man

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    If we trade both Crawford and Robinson for KG, then we don't have a reliable backup guard. I would love to see Marco Jaric included in the deal as well, but unfortunately I don't think we have the pieces to get either. Those expiring contracts (Jalen Rose and Maurice Taylor) would have come in real handy if Minnesota is looking to rebuild. I just pray to God that the Bulls don't steal him away from us, that would make me very angry.
    Collins can play back up PG. Garnett isn't coming to the Knicks, this is just an internet rumor. Most likely he'll go to Chicago or a team that needs that superstar to be a title contender.

Giving out our young hope for an old player, no thanks...

Huh, Robinson is our young hope? Na! We haven't seen what Collins can do but we do know from his college game that he is a traditional point guard and that's what we need as a back up for Marbury. Speaking of Marbury, my boy's playing D! I want to see him shut down Kid. YEAH!!!!

12th man

Originally Posted by Knicks-player
    Giving out our young hope for an old player, no thanks...

Kevin Garnett is a top 3 player in the NBA, defensively he's god like behind Artest and Duncan. You have be seriously joking. None of our youth is worth Garnett. I would love to keep Lee though. Channing, Nate, and the rest can go, they're replacable.

to be honest, i'm surprised that some of the "superstar" players on subpar/mediocre teams aren't pushing for a trade to ny

ny is the center of basketball...there hasn't been a superior team in ny in a long time (or a superior player). i would think that the better players would be salivating at an opportunity to come to ny and have a chance to be "the guy" who helped put the knicks back on track and perhaps win a championship

i know the players themselves can't publicly ask to be traded to the knicks ... but a player like garnett -- who obviously has earned the respect of the timberwolves organization -- can undoubtedly make his own private endorsement to his GM to come to ny.

i'm not an unrealistic person, and i know how much of a role money plays in making player moves, but it's beginning to get annoying that one of the most important basketball organizations in the NBA cannot land itself a premier superstar

Originally Posted by newbie2424
    to be honest, i'm surprised that some of the "superstar" players on subpar/mediocre teams aren't pushing for a trade to ny

ny is the center of basketball...there hasn't been a superior team in ny in a long time (or a superior player). i would think that the better players would be salivating at an opportunity to come to ny and have a chance to be "the guy" who helped put the knicks back on track and perhaps win a championship

i know the players themselves can't publicly ask to be traded to the knicks ... but a player like garnett -- who obviously has earned the respect of the timberwolves organization -- can undoubtedly make his own private endorsement to his GM to come to ny.

i'm not an unrealistic person, and i know how much of a role money plays in making player moves, but it's beginning to get annoying that one of the most important basketball organizations in the NBA cannot land itself a premier superstar
    I don't know if you've noticed but one of the most important basketball organizations in the NBA has been a mess for a long time. Plus, even if a "superstar" were to ask for a trade they would request that they be traded to a contender. Last time I checked the NY Knicks are no where near being contenders. In all fairness though, the Knicks have been taking baby steps forward.