Tragic news

Nyankee

Rookie
Tragic News???? huh? how is this tragic news? take a look at what thomas did with this team... we already got 17 W's and playing good basketball lately. he deserves to stay here! i know we all want to be above .500 but and we are better than .500 basketball i believe. chemistry is what the team needs and if we keep changing our coach every f****** year we arent going to get anywhere! E.Curry doing his thing this year and we have defense added to our squad in jeffries! keep in mind he didnt play a lot due to injury and suspension. w/Q.Rich starting at the SG that's GREAT because he plays D and scores! David Lee doing his thing! Lets be real!!! Isiah is getting these players on track and if we stick together thats when chemistry will show!! in my opinion thas GREAT NEWS because eventually the knicks will be where they want to be. so Tragic News??? i think we might want to watch a little more basketball... huh??

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Nyankee...Good Stuff...you obviously know what you're talking about because you basically said what 99.9% of this website believes in. Excellent post. Most people don't use logic but instead show creative art galleries in their post LOL. What Isiah needs to do is keeping doing what he does...just as simple as that. Ignore all the haters...let a fan hate you now...haters will be haters. He is a coach and the man has a backbone. He made a decision, he made a plan and now he is sticking to it. I here flip floppers on this site dissing Isiah and the people dissing him don't even have a backbone with there own plans. He is the GM of the NY Knicks...a world class market and the mecca of basketball is on his shoulders in the aspect of basketball. No one realizes the amount of pressure this guy is going through...it's easy to bash someone when you've never been in his shoes...and probably never will. He is doing a great job with this team through all the examples that you just named. Keep Isiah until he brings us as low as LB did...then we can start about bringing out the axe....

while i'm not 100% sold on the idea of leaving isiah thomas at the helm of the knicks after this year, i'm not too unhappy with it either. i think he's done a decent job while his ass has been on the line thus far.

i do have a problem with him trying to justify his mistakes on the court. for example, the acquisition of jared jeffries has been an unmitigated disaster so far. jeffries has even admitted that his play has been horrendous. rather than allocating the most playing time for your best players (think: david lee), thomas finds it necessary not only to start jeffries every single game, but also to leave him on the floor eating away precious minutes.

it is no coincidence that last year when the knicks went on their mini-winning streak, david lee was starting. likewise, this year, when the knicks were down a few players, and lee's minutes were up, the knicks won more games. i know investing $30 million on jeffries was huge, but thomas makes me crazy when i see lee's minutes go from 35 mpg to 25 mpg. lee obviously isn't a fluke -- let him f***ing play

Allen

Benchwarmer
I'll be honest, from what I have seen for the last few years, Isiah is a better coach than gm and thats not saying much. I rather keep him as coach and get a new gm.

metrocard

Legend
Tragic News???? huh? how is this tragic news? take a look at what thomas did with this team... we already got 17 W's and playing good basketball lately. he deserves to stay here! i know we all want to be above .500 but and we are better than .500 basketball i believe. chemistry is what the team needs and if we keep changing our coach every f****** year we arent going to get anywhere! E.Curry doing his thing this year and we have defense added to our squad in jeffries! keep in mind he didnt play a lot due to injury and suspension. w/Q.Rich starting at the SG that's GREAT because he plays D and scores! David Lee doing his thing! Lets be real!!! Isiah is getting these players on track and if we stick together thats when chemistry will show!! in my opinion thas GREAT NEWS because eventually the knicks will be where they want to be. so Tragic News??? i think we might want to watch a little more basketball... huh??

How is it tragic news? Where have you been lately, you need to watch more basketball and follow the Knicks more closely before you ever say that again.

Already got 17 W's? Anything is an improvement from last really. Honestly there was no ultimatum, pretty much everyone knew Isiah Thomas would do better than Brown. Do people really think LB was fired over 23 wins ? He said the team was flawed, not good and talked negative in the press. That alone got him fire, you know why? Ol' Jimmy Dolan doesn't like when you question him. Why do you think Chaney and Layden were here for the Knicks so long? They obeyed Dolan and didn't speak up. Larry Brown spoke too much and got the boot.

Remember in june 2001 Dave Checketts was asked to resign right after he told Dolan "the Knicks needed to rebuild.". So learn something you Isiahsexual, you have no CLUE whats going on the front office.

Stop it already. Isiah is a TERRIBLE GM, theres not debating that. But he is a good PR machine. He has the ability to spin everything around and convinces blinde fans like you to keep his job.

Even though Layden was cool with Dolan, he got fired cause Layden was never positive or answered the press like Isiah did.

With Isiah, he can find excuses to skill his way out of his moves that failed the franchise. He can make things look better than they are. When he became GM, Isiah talked nonstop on how bad the situation was before he came here. Now this is his 4th season the GM and he's still using last season as a mark of sucess. So look at it like this, we win 30 games...its automatically a "sucess". Isiah will say exactly "Oh well, we improved from 7 games, we have alot of youth and show potential in the future."

Whats funny, Herb Williams and Don Chaney won more games than Isiah.

Isiah Thomas' Knicks won 37, 33 and 23 games the last 3 seasons. We've goten worst each year, and this season is the worst Knicks defensive team we've ever seen in a while.

Listen up kid, Dolan doesn't care about winning. Isiah isn't a good GM, but you don't have to be good to keep your job. All you need is good PR skills. As long Isiah can fool monkeys like you and force feed them to believe Knicks are heading to a championship and that Eddy Chubby is the goto guy, Isiah will be under the Knicks forever.

Now that I wrapped that up, let see how you're going to suck up for Isiah.

Okay, I just read your post twice. All you said was this guy is doing his thing, it sounded like you were yelling like a little girl in your post with all the !!! STOP DOING THIS!!! IT DOESN'T EMPHASIZE YOUR POINTS!!!! IT MAKES YOU LOOK STUPID!!! OKAY!?!?!??!!

Obviously, I don't need to say anything about your post. You've proved everything right in my post. You're brainwashed by Isiah and hopeless. If you're going to reply to my post, read my post twice, understand it, and reply to everything. Don't be shy to agree. I'm not bullshitting here like the others. Isiah's/Dolan's and Isiahsexual's shit needs to stop now. I'm sick of low standards every god damn year.

Anyway in my opinion, I would keep him if we got to 41 wins. If we get 30, Isiah can go to hell really. Its disgusting Dolan and Isiahsexuals have their sights so low. They talk about championship every year, but the fucking guy can't even get the Knicks to the playoffs. This is his 4th year as the GM of the Knicks, do you realize how many coaches he retired? Without class too. Please, enough. Its too late now, Isiah now wants to take full control? DISGUSTING.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
metrocard, please go on the nets forum if you don't mind, we'll be glad.

Sorry, I didn't know getting on my knees for Isiah and Jamal Crawford was being certified as a Knick fan. Certified is too big of a word for you? Well use this.

0345414381.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Anyway, you should read the forum rules. Keep on the basketball debate. If the debate is too hot you for you, stay out of here.

easyrider

Rookie
well don't need a dictionnary to debate with you ;), but don't you think that changing coaches and players all the time is good for a team??? and criticize them till then, is it fair? don't you want to judge them at the end of the season?

easyrider

Rookie
if you judge each french people who comes on this forum as miserable as isiah and jamal then i understand you well...

metrocard

Legend
well don't need a dictionnary to debate with you ;), but don't you think that changing coaches and players all the time is good for a team??? and criticize them till then, is it fair? don't you want to judge them at the end of the season?

I was joking with you. I'm taking French 102 as a college course. I never judge French people, I just threw a joke back at you since you thought I was a Net fan cause I wasn't hugging Isiah's nuts.

I never wanted Isiah here in the first place. Don't you think having the same losing pattern every year with the same problems of turnovers and defense gets cliche? Fair? FAIR? Come on now, Isiah doesn't deserve to be GM of the Knicks. Jamal is too inconsistant to be the starter. He's a nice kid, but not starter material.

Like I said, any person who follows basketball with sense knows Isiah is doing a bad job. He should be gone, period.

He isn't going to go because (read my previous post on this thread).

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I suppose it is bad news to those that believe Thomas is doing a bad job or have been riding the hate wagon, but that opinion is the minority I think. The Knicks are in third place in the Atlantic division. Now we are starting to see people post what I've been posting for the past few months. Regardless of who is at the helm, they need more than one year to get it done if they are showing progress. Like it or not under Thomas the Knicks are showing progress. Teams are starting to take us seriously, Eddie Curry is emerging as a dominating force in the post, Stephon Marbury is being a play maker and actually playing defense and the rest of the team are starting to play as one unit. So we can pick apart the faults and imperfections but that doesn't take a way from the progress. Can any one deny that this team is better than they were last season? Jefferies is going through a slump but does that justify starting Lee? Marbury went through a slump and no one was trying to start Nate. Lee is over rated. You guys love him now but if he does start and chokes you'll be calling for his head like every one else. We're on the right track and we don't need to change coaches yet again.

easyrider

Rookie
allright, no worries... bad defense, turnovers... we know that since a long time, don't we? since isiah is there, he didn't made lots of good moves but he choosed some young players we can rebuild around (lee, curry, frye, craw), and did get stephon or q-rich aswell... that's not that bad comparate to how 99 team was destroyed, and it's start to pay off now! (hope it's gets better and better) you can't change isiah and his 15 players now, you know that, so what? believe, cheer or spit on them? i'll go for the two first options mate.

metrocard

Legend
allright, no worries... bad defense, turnovers... we know that since a long time, don't we? since isiah is there, he didn't made lots of good moves but he choosed some young players we can rebuild around (lee, curry, frye, craw), and did get stephon or q-rich aswell... that's not that bad comparate to how 99 team was destroyed, and it's start to pay off now! (hope it's gets better and better) you can't change isiah and his 15 players now, you know that, so what? believe, cheer or spit on them? i'll go for the two first options mate.

You're right, we could build around those young players, but Isiah is too stubborn to trade guys like Fyre for all stars like Ron Artest. We need one more player to be good. We're not good yet. Isiah has had failure in the past, why should we forget about that? What makes Isiah different from Layden? Only difference between the two is Isiah knows how to sugarcoat his words. Layden is terrible at that. Even when Layden had a 35+ win team, Dolan was displeased because he felt Layden wasn't promoting the Knicks good enough.

Hey your right, he did get Stephon and Q-Rich, we already know this though. The question is, what did he give up to get them? TOO MUCH. Isiah killed our cap space to get medicore players, traded away our draft picks too. Isiah has poor GM's skills, we can't this.

Its not paying off now, do you really want to be 3rd in the Alantic NOW and the next 3 years? We can hope, and that does nothing.

Thats why Isiah has kept his job, he keeps you hoping. But don't be FOOLED mon ami!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm reading a lot of back and forth about Isiah Thomas when I don't think this is really about Isiah Thomas. The real point is should the Knicks change coaches again and will that really help the team. Most of us believe a coach change will not. So the majority of this site that believes we should keep Isiah, the current coach makes them Isiahsexuals? No I think it makes them rational thinkers. Sorry my French friends but most Americans are actually intelligent. I hope you don't judge us all by that term or attack.

Changing coaches means a new philosophy and a new way of doing things. Perhaps in time the new way will be needed but right now and in the not so distant future, that change will hurt this team. They are still trying to recover from last season's poor leadership and philosophy. Once again, this is not about Thomas unless you hate his guts. This is about the current track and the current leadership. Like it or not that will not be judged by how many minutes Lee gets. It will ultimately be judge on the will of the team to keep playing and not give up.

easyrider

Rookie
Sorry my French friends but most Americans are actually intelligent. I hope you don't judge us all by that term or attack.

hey chill out ;)

metrocard honestly i hope the knicks will get 1st place of the atlantic this season but it will be tuff... changes take time, so if they get the playoffs it will be allready very nice... badly wait for this!

that's right too many bad moves, big contracts killed us... still don't understand why james or francis last year... isiah has a lot to prove, why not let him a last shot? i don't know for you, but i feel a lot more good vibrations from this team this year than a lot of the past years, and that's the players which makes the team isn't it?

a last thing, back here on national channels, they don't show the knicks anymore, not at all! i have to track links on the net all the time... but i feel they will come back soon for us (instead of spurs and suns all the time thanks to TP and 3D ;)

metrocard

Legend
Sorry my French friends but most Americans are actually intelligent. I hope you don't judge us all by that term or attack.

hey chill out ;)

metrocard honestly i hope the knicks will get 1st place of the atlantic this season but it will be tuff... changes take time, so if they get the playoffs it will be allready very nice... badly wait for this!

that's right too many bad moves, big contracts killed us... still don't understand why james or francis last year... isiah has a lot to prove, why not let him a last shot? i don't know for you, but i feel a lot more good vibrations from this team this year than a lot of the past years, and that's the players which makes the team isn't it?

a last thing, back here on national channels, they don't show the knicks anymore, not at all! i have to track links on the net all the time... but i feel they will come back soon for us (instead of spurs and suns all the time thanks to TP and 3D ;)

I agree.

Change does take time, but how fast? Phoneix did it in a matter of year, same with Chicago and Orlando. Why? They made trades to win, not to lose. Isiah can't do this.

Your post was accually well written, I'm not going to debate back. Unless the other people who poor defend Isiah, you made great sense and I understand your messege. I may not agree with you, but you made it understand it clearly.

I send my regards that the national channels do not show the Knicks as often as the other elite teams. But hey it must be fun watching the French talents. I appreciate the love from France. France has produce a great set of NBA players in Parker, Diaw, Pietras, Petro, Gelabe, and there are many more prospect coming out of that country.

Thanks for posting.

easyrider

Rookie
I agree.

Change does take time, but how fast? Phoneix did it in a matter of year, same with Chicago and Orlando. Why? They made trades to win, not to lose. Isiah can't do this.

Your post was accually well written, I'm not going to debate back. Unless the other people who poor defend Isiah, you made great sense and I understand your messege. I may not agree with you, but you made it understand it clearly.

I send my regards that the national channels do not show the Knicks as often as the other elite teams. But hey it must be fun watching the French talents. I appreciate the love from France. France has produce a great set of NBA players in Parker, Diaw, Pietras, Petro, Gelabe, and there are many more prospect coming out of that country.

Thanks for posting.

And wait for Joakim Noah love to see him play for the Knicks because he's from NYC aswell!

Can't have the same opinion, but we love basketball!

See you later l'ami.

metrocard

Legend
Tragic News???? huh? how is this tragic news? take a look at what thomas did with this team... we already got 17 W's and playing good basketball lately. he deserves to stay here! i know we all want to be above .500 but and we are better than .500 basketball i believe. chemistry is what the team needs and if we keep changing our coach every f****** year we arent going to get anywhere! E.Curry doing his thing this year and we have defense added to our squad in jeffries! keep in mind he didnt play a lot due to injury and suspension. w/Q.Rich starting at the SG that's GREAT because he plays D and scores! David Lee doing his thing! Lets be real!!! Isiah is getting these players on track and if we stick together thats when chemistry will show!! thas GREAT NEWS because eventually the knicks will be where they want to be. so Tragic News??? i think we might want to watch a little more basketball... huh??

Another dead Isiahsexual body found laying in the forum.

Kiyaman

Legend
Metro, that was cold bringing this THREAD up to light.
You and I, plus alot of other members and fans knew that was a "TRAGIC Mistake" in given Isiah an extension before the season end.
What was it after Isiah extension was handed to him a 14 game losing streak, the Knick players performance also believe it was "Tragic News"...