GAME THREAD - 01/31/07 - 7:00 PM Knicks @ Bobcats

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:00 PM, Wednesday, January 31st, 2007
Charlotte Bobcats Arena, Charlotte, NC
Bobcatsarena.jpg
<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="420"><tbody><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am
TV STREAMING: Sopcast - MSG (channel 13081)

</td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#003399">
knicks_logo.gif

New York Knicks: 20-27
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3099.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3407.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3609.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3934.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3514.jpg
</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Marbury</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Crawford</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jeffries</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Frye</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Curry</center></td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
vs
</td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#ff3300">
bobcats_logo.gif

Charlotte Bobcats: 16-28
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3931.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center></center></center><center><center>
3183.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center><center><center>
3785.jpg
</center></center></center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3533.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center><table style="width: 100%;"> <tbody> <tr class="tablesm" valign="top"> <td style="width: 75px;">
3819.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table></center></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Felton</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Anderson</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Carrol</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Wallace</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Okafor</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

Stats
Knicks Team Stats
Bobcats Team Stats

Game Notes
Knicks Game Notes (PDF)
Bobcats Game Notes (PDF)

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
lee should start this game against gerald wallace, somebody gotta put a body on em for the rebounds

GetRealistic

Starter
I read a few of the posts after last night’s game. Sure it was a win but letting the Lakers back into the game last night was far from impressive. But at this point a win is a win and ill take it. I know its Charlotte and it's tough to get jacked up to play Charlotte but it’s a pretty big game. Plus Charlotte recently beat the Lakers and Denver and us earlier in the season so it’s far from an easy win.

Keys to the game in my mind are

Curry outplays Okafor. I don't remember the exact numbers but last time they were in the Garden Okafor had a real nice game

Defend the 3: Derek Anderson went off last time he played us, I don't really see it happening again but Anderson, Carroll and Morrison can all shoot it.

I really see this as a must win. If we really think we can win the Atlantic we need to win this game easily.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
wish i knew the answer 4 that one... every game against charlotte i go into thinkin it would be an ez win. i took the knicks on the money line again tonite (some people never learn). hopefully this time they embarrass the bobcats like they shouldve been doin all season.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
somehow we always find a way to lose these games..
tvu on channel 33212 for this game

Oh, breen just said that lee's gonna be in the rookie-sophomore game while nate will defend his title in the slam dunk contest

GetRealistic

Starter
Absolutely Embarassing. Gerald Wallace is a nice player. But not a 30 plus point scorer. Would it be too hard for Channing Fyre to grab one rebound. And whoever keeps betting money on the Knicks must be stupid.

Starks

Starter
sigh. beat the heat- lose to bobcats. lets just mail in the rest of the season and wait for Dolan's next move.

NYKnicks15

Starter
pretty embarrasing but Detroit, San Antonio, Denver have all been embarrassed by them too so i dont feel as bad. but this still sucks, we never reach steam. i hope we make a move at deadline, we have enough talent to...

Channing had 7 rebounds.. he did grab some i guess..

Allen

Benchwarmer
This is getting very irritating, the knicks put together a win over the lakers and then proceed to fall flat to Charlotte. Something has to be done to get some consistency out of these guys.

Hello, Isiah...

paris401

Starter
pretty embarrasing but Detroit, San Antonio, Denver have all been embarrassed by them too so i dont feel as bad. but this still sucks, we never reach steam. i hope we make a move at deadline, we have enough talent to...

Channing had 7 rebounds.. he did grab some i guess..

a move at the deadline would be ok... but for who?? who do we give up??

if u consider curry as an untouchable, and the 3 rook's/2 2nd year players keepers (at least for now)... the cupboard is pretty bare..

i agree with your comments last week q-rich's value has dropped due to injuries. so he stays

do we trade jamal??... i dunno... he pretty streaky... will hit 10 in a row, and then miss 8 of the next 10... tough call...

marbury... he is playing good, but with 40m owed, there is no market for him

francis.. has 'zero' trade value..

jerome james... see above francis comments

malik.. two more years after this one will make him a tough trade

jefferies... i dunno if IT will trade him , thus admitting his signing was a mistake. plus if he trades him there is a kicker in his contract making it that more difficult.

bottom line , i don't see us with a lot of 'chips' unless we are willing to dangle, frye, lee and to a lesser extent nate and balkman..