Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Eddy Curry an All-Star?

Default Is Eddy Curry an All-Star?

I didnt read any of the articles yet but his is a tough topic. On some nights he's a scoring machine and he has done it agianst decent centers. The 2nd of 3 games against the bobcats he was embarrassed by okafor in the 1st half. in the second half he came out and played big scoring i think between 12 and 18 points. in the most recent game we all know what jake voskuhl did and i dont wanna get into that. He is still inconsistent but he is also averaging 19.5 points and charles barkley said he should be an all star. I honestly dont think so yet becasue of his terrible Defense and inconsistent rebounding. Hes also very prone still to getting his shot blocked. I dont know what to think of him as our franchise center. I know other teams would love to have a center who can score, but id rather have the guy like camby or ben walace blockin shots and reboundin then a center like curry. The question is can curry improve his defense and rebounding? Yes to rebounding and maybe with his defense. Now i wanna see what everyone else thinks cuz this is a question that can go either way as to should curry be an all star or not.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I didnt read any of the articles yet but his is a tough topic. On some nights he's a scoring machine and he has done it agianst decent centers. The 2nd of 3 games against the bobcats he was embarrassed by okafor in the 1st half. in the second half he came out and played big scoring i think between 12 and 18 points. in the most recent game we all know what jake voskuhl did and i dont wanna get into that. He is still inconsistent but he is also averaging 19.5 points and charles barkley said he should be an all star. I honestly dont think so yet becasue of his terrible Defense and inconsistent rebounding. Hes also very prone still to getting his shot blocked. I dont know what to think of him as our franchise center. I know other teams would love to have a center who can score, but id rather have the guy like camby or ben walace blockin shots and reboundin then a center like curry. The question is can curry improve his defense and rebounding? Yes to rebounding and maybe with his defense. Now i wanna see what everyone else thinks cuz this is a question that can go either way as to should curry be an all star or not.
    give curry some time for him to be a presence on defense, he already made huge strides this year and he gettin better, he still young man

Now the question is does Shaq (Snaquille) O'Neal deserve to go? No. Curry has better numbers. The fans go it wrong unfortunately. Shaqs played like 6 games. He shouldn't be eligible.

I heard Grant Hill still gets a ****load of votes. lol lol lol

Seriously, I hate fan voting in every sport. And do you guys realize that Yao Ming is a virtual lock to start every ALL-Star game during his career-even 15 years from now when he rides the bench.

Curry has been playing like an ALL-Star, but he hasn't played better than any of the players chosen. Say what you want, but Howrad and Jermaine O'Neal are 5 years ahead of Curry.

Shaq gets his spot because he is Shaq. No complaints there. But how is Micheal Redd not getting a nod???????

Veteran

Curry was snubbed. plain and simple.

Coaches get to vote on the reserves and they all voted against him. why? two words, LARRY BROWN. Rivers, Woodson, Popavich all his friends. I bet the only two coaches who voted for Curry was Isiah Thomas and Phil Jackson haha Phil's cool like that

Veteran

every year there are 1 or 2 deserving guys who are left at home. this year its curry...

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Curry was snubbed. plain and simple.

Coaches get to vote on the reserves and they all voted against him. why? two words, LARRY BROWN. Rivers, Woodson, Popavich all his friends. I bet the only two coaches who voted for Curry was Isiah Thomas and Phil Jackson haha Phil's cool like that
    No doubt...Eddy is the best offensive center in the eastern conference and he gets snubbed like that. That's dirty how they take action on Curry for what Isiah did. It tells you how mature these coaches are and how politics is involved in everyday life...

Originally Posted by Starks
    Curry has been playing like an ALL-Star, but he hasn't played better than any of the players chosen. Say what you want, but Howrad and Jermaine O'Neal are 5 years ahead of Curry.
    I agree there. Its dissappointing that Curry didn't get the nod this year but I have no problem with him getting passed over for O'neal and Howard. Curry is young he will get plenty more chances to make the All-Star team.

Post Is Eddy Curry an All-Star?

He is definitely not an All-Star. He scores more than last year. And that`s all. He can`t play defense. He grabs 7 rebounds, 0,7 Blocks. This is embarrassing.

I am sorry. But in my opinion he is overestimated. He is only average.

I can`t still believe that we gave so much to Chicago to get a player who is just average.

I forgot that curry put it on ben wallace i think twice this year and thats impressive. Jermaine O'neal, it took him a long time to develop and same as zach randolph. The assistant coaches probably wanted to focus mainly on offense this year so maybe next year curry can step it up on D. I dont think it was a bad move gettin him from chicago like musa said cuz he still got plenty of time to develop more. The thiing that bothers me is i think he could've done this a couple of years ago if he was more motivated but at least hes proven that hes more determined this year. Next year, he'll be an all star.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Eddy Curry would have been possibly be the most one dementional all star in recent years

Face the facts, Curry is a deep post scorer and nothing else at all.

Curry's offensive game is stagnant, which will make our offense stagnant. Honestly, our offense isn't even dynamic because of Curry.

It leads to alot of turnovers with guards trying to force feed Curry and even more turnovers with Curry turning it over so rapidly. You can attribute 8-10 turnovers a game with the gameplay trying to post feed Curry.

Curry always been a good scorer, the only difference this year his minutes has increased. Now that Isiah is in charge, he doesn't want to look like the fool in the Chicago/Knicks trade. Even though Chicago are the superior team and have the better future. Isiah sucks.
    Last edited by metrocard; Feb 05, 2007 at 09:22.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Yes he is a All Star 100% even if he Shaq is the Eastern All Star Center Starter which Curry is Much much better then Shaq}}{{

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Yes he is a All Star 100% even if he Shaq is the Eastern All Star Center Starter which Curry is Much much better then Shaq}}{{

so what u are saying is if shaq gets back to 100%, curry is the better center??

i think its close at this point and you can argue either way but curry will never be the center that shaq was in his prime. I dont think anyone will be including Greg Oden.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Originally Posted by paris401
    so what u are saying is if shaq gets back to 100%, curry is the better center??

No I mean now.....and how could Shaq make to All Star Team by playing only 7 games in the 06 07 season huh????