Is Eddy Curry an All-Star?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I didnt read any of the articles yet but his is a tough topic. On some nights he's a scoring machine and he has done it agianst decent centers. The 2nd of 3 games against the bobcats he was embarrassed by okafor in the 1st half. in the second half he came out and played big scoring i think between 12 and 18 points. in the most recent game we all know what jake voskuhl did and i dont wanna get into that. He is still inconsistent but he is also averaging 19.5 points and charles barkley said he should be an all star. I honestly dont think so yet becasue of his terrible Defense and inconsistent rebounding. Hes also very prone still to getting his shot blocked. I dont know what to think of him as our franchise center. I know other teams would love to have a center who can score, but id rather have the guy like camby or ben walace blockin shots and reboundin then a center like curry. The question is can curry improve his defense and rebounding? Yes to rebounding and maybe with his defense. Now i wanna see what everyone else thinks cuz this is a question that can go either way as to should curry be an all star or not.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I didnt read any of the articles yet but his is a tough topic. On some nights he's a scoring machine and he has done it agianst decent centers. The 2nd of 3 games against the bobcats he was embarrassed by okafor in the 1st half. in the second half he came out and played big scoring i think between 12 and 18 points. in the most recent game we all know what jake voskuhl did and i dont wanna get into that. He is still inconsistent but he is also averaging 19.5 points and charles barkley said he should be an all star. I honestly dont think so yet becasue of his terrible Defense and inconsistent rebounding. Hes also very prone still to getting his shot blocked. I dont know what to think of him as our franchise center. I know other teams would love to have a center who can score, but id rather have the guy like camby or ben walace blockin shots and reboundin then a center like curry. The question is can curry improve his defense and rebounding? Yes to rebounding and maybe with his defense. Now i wanna see what everyone else thinks cuz this is a question that can go either way as to should curry be an all star or not.

give curry some time for him to be a presence on defense, he already made huge strides this year and he gettin better, he still young man

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Now the question is does Shaq (Snaquille) O'Neal deserve to go? No. Curry has better numbers. The fans go it wrong unfortunately. Shaqs played like 6 games. He shouldn't be eligible.

Starks

Starter
I heard Grant Hill still gets a shitload of votes. lol lol lol

Seriously, I hate fan voting in every sport. And do you guys realize that Yao Ming is a virtual lock to start every ALL-Star game during his career-even 15 years from now when he rides the bench.

Curry has been playing like an ALL-Star, but he hasn't played better than any of the players chosen. Say what you want, but Howrad and Jermaine O'Neal are 5 years ahead of Curry.

Shaq gets his spot because he is Shaq. No complaints there. But how is Micheal Redd not getting a nod???????

NYKnicks15

Starter
Curry was snubbed. plain and simple.

Coaches get to vote on the reserves and they all voted against him. why? two words, LARRY BROWN. Rivers, Woodson, Popavich all his friends. I bet the only two coaches who voted for Curry was Isiah Thomas and Phil Jackson haha Phil's cool like that ;)

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Curry was snubbed. plain and simple.

Coaches get to vote on the reserves and they all voted against him. why? two words, LARRY BROWN. Rivers, Woodson, Popavich all his friends. I bet the only two coaches who voted for Curry was Isiah Thomas and Phil Jackson haha Phil's cool like that ;)

No doubt...Eddy is the best offensive center in the eastern conference and he gets snubbed like that. That's dirty how they take action on Curry for what Isiah did. It tells you how mature these coaches are and how politics is involved in everyday life...

Allen

Benchwarmer
Curry has been playing like an ALL-Star, but he hasn't played better than any of the players chosen. Say what you want, but Howrad and Jermaine O'Neal are 5 years ahead of Curry.

I agree there. Its dissappointing that Curry didn't get the nod this year but I have no problem with him getting passed over for O'neal and Howard. Curry is young he will get plenty more chances to make the All-Star team.

Musa

Rookie
He is definitely not an All-Star. He scores more than last year. And that`s all. He can`t play defense. He grabs 7 rebounds, 0,7 Blocks. This is embarrassing.

I am sorry. But in my opinion he is overestimated. He is only average.

I can`t still believe that we gave so much to Chicago to get a player who is just average.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I forgot that curry put it on ben wallace i think twice this year and thats impressive. Jermaine O'neal, it took him a long time to develop and same as zach randolph. The assistant coaches probably wanted to focus mainly on offense this year so maybe next year curry can step it up on D. I dont think it was a bad move gettin him from chicago like musa said cuz he still got plenty of time to develop more. The thiing that bothers me is i think he could've done this a couple of years ago if he was more motivated but at least hes proven that hes more determined this year. Next year, he'll be an all star.

metrocard

Legend
Eddy Curry would have been possibly be the most one dementional all star in recent years

Face the facts, Curry is a deep post scorer and nothing else at all.

Curry's offensive game is stagnant, which will make our offense stagnant. Honestly, our offense isn't even dynamic because of Curry.

It leads to alot of turnovers with guards trying to force feed Curry and even more turnovers with Curry turning it over so rapidly. You can attribute 8-10 turnovers a game with the gameplay trying to post feed Curry.

Curry always been a good scorer, the only difference this year his minutes has increased. Now that Isiah is in charge, he doesn't want to look like the fool in the Chicago/Knicks trade. Even though Chicago are the superior team and have the better future. Isiah sucks.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yes he is a All Star 100% even if he Shaq is the Eastern All Star Center Starter which Curry is Much much better then Shaq}}{{

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i think its close at this point and you can argue either way but curry will never be the center that shaq was in his prime. I dont think anyone will be including Greg Oden.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
This is the funny thing about "ECity." I do not think he was snubbed because he is playing on a sub.500 team and he has not played like this the entire season (remember, he was the same bum he was last year for like the first month of the season), second he does not play defense, but I will not say he has not improved his rebounds. Let us just think of his rebounds are being taken away from him because of DLee. Whenever he is in the game, he goobles them up like a fat chick on Hohos. If Lee is getting 12-13 a game and Qrich and Frye around 7-8, there really are not that much left...I am not blaming him for his lack of bounds, it is his lack of D. It is absolutely awful. The dude is 6'11'' 300+ and he gets bitched by the likes of Zaza P., Jake V., etc. b/c he is soft...I seriously think he is scared of contact if he is not inflicting it...Seriously, watch him the next game and notice how he shys from it...But, all in all, if Eddy decides to play the game like the man he is built to be, by being a defensive powerhouse and caring on both sides, I can honestly say without hesistation that this guy could be MVP caliber-type player.

TDotRaptors

Rookie
Are you serious? Eddy Curry doesn't play hard at all, he doesn't make any effort to grab rebounds or play Defense.All he does is run down the court on offense. i don't see any defense in his game at all. That's one thing he needs to work on!

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Are you serious? Eddy Curry doesn't play hard at all, he doesn't make any effort to grab rebounds or play Defense.All he does is run down the court on offense. i don't see any defense in his game at all. That's one thing he needs to work on!

Get out of here you Raptards fan!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
you too busy watchin the raptors man but so you know the knicks are the #1 rebounding team in the league. I'm not worried about his rebounding at all cuz when other guys dont rebound as well (which is rare) curry steps it up. His defense is the primary concern. I think hes afraid of gettin into foul trouble but he needs to learn when to take a charge and when to try 2 block a shot. He also needs to learn how 2 square up between the basket and the man he is defendin cuz no one is backin him down, including chris bosh. I think this year the knicks assistants wanted to get him straightened out on offense but hopefully in the offseason he learns how to play some d and yes then you could argue him as an mvp as long as the knicks have a good record. I still wouldnt pick him for mvp (Or chis bosh) but you would be able to make the arguement for both of those guys. I think steve nash and dwayne wade deserve it the most.

paris401

Starter
there was an interesting comparasion in the paper which showed that in his last year in chicago he averaged 28mins, 16+ points/5.5 bounds, and under 1 assist. this year he is averaging 34mins, 19+ points/7 bounds and under 1 assist...

more or less the same production...