Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Eddy Curry an All-Star?

Nyk Logo

This is the funny thing about "ECity." I do not think he was snubbed because he is playing on a sub.500 team and he has not played like this the entire season (remember, he was the same bum he was last year for like the first month of the season), second he does not play defense, but I will not say he has not improved his rebounds. Let us just think of his rebounds are being taken away from him because of DLee. Whenever he is in the game, he goobles them up like a fat chick on Hohos. If Lee is getting 12-13 a game and Qrich and Frye around 7-8, there really are not that much left...I am not blaming him for his lack of bounds, it is his lack of D. It is absolutely awful. The dude is 6'11'' 300+ and he gets bitched by the likes of Zaza P., Jake V., etc. b/c he is soft...I seriously think he is scared of contact if he is not inflicting it...Seriously, watch him the next game and notice how he shys from it...But, all in all, if Eddy decides to play the game like the man he is built to be, by being a defensive powerhouse and caring on both sides, I can honestly say without hesistation that this guy could be MVP caliber-type player.

Are you serious? Eddy Curry doesn't play hard at all, he doesn't make any effort to grab rebounds or play Defense.All he does is run down the court on offense. i don't see any defense in his game at all. That's one thing he needs to work on!

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Originally Posted by TDotRaptors
    Are you serious? Eddy Curry doesn't play hard at all, he doesn't make any effort to grab rebounds or play Defense.All he does is run down the court on offense. i don't see any defense in his game at all. That's one thing he needs to work on!
    Get out of here you Raptards fan!

you too busy watchin the raptors man but so you know the knicks are the #1 rebounding team in the league. I'm not worried about his rebounding at all cuz when other guys dont rebound as well (which is rare) curry steps it up. His defense is the primary concern. I think hes afraid of gettin into foul trouble but he needs to learn when to take a charge and when to try 2 block a shot. He also needs to learn how 2 square up between the basket and the man he is defendin cuz no one is backin him down, including chris bosh. I think this year the knicks assistants wanted to get him straightened out on offense but hopefully in the offseason he learns how to play some d and yes then you could argue him as an mvp as long as the knicks have a good record. I still wouldnt pick him for mvp (Or chis bosh) but you would be able to make the arguement for both of those guys. I think steve nash and dwayne wade deserve it the most.

Veteran

there was an interesting comparasion in the paper which showed that in his last year in chicago he averaged 28mins, 16+ points/5.5 bounds, and under 1 assist. this year he is averaging 34mins, 19+ points/7 bounds and under 1 assist...

more or less the same production...

Yeah i did notice that too. I wonder how his field goal percentage is compared to last year, thats the only thing i can think of that would make his stats better. If not anything else he stays out of foul trouble for the most part and is conditioned to go more minutes this year.

Veteran

sorry... his fg percentage is also up from about 53 % with the bulls, to 57% this year...

Default Is Eddy Curry an All-Star?

Yesterday he definitely showed why he isn`t an All-Star and why it was ok to ignore him. 8 f....ing turnovers!!!!!!!!

I am a big Knicks fan. But i repeat it again: He is just average. He grabs 7 reb ( less then Kidd who is a PG!!!!) He does not know how to play defense. A lot of people say: He is young and can develop. But don`t forget that he is in the NBA since 2001! How long do you want to wait till he learns how to play defense?

He is overestimated.

That's a good point.. He has been in the league longer than Bosh and Bosh has probobly tripled his numbers since his rookie year

Lurker

Originally Posted by TDotRaptors
    That's a good point.. He has been in the league longer than Bosh and Bosh has probobly tripled his numbers since his rookie year
    Ok ok... who let the Raptor fan in?

Nope. No all-star. Thats's all, he just ain't.

Curry isn't an allstar... yet... when he gets his hands steady then we can start talking... i woulda still put howard and j'oneal ahead of him... and they couldn't **** on joe johnson either...