Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: knicks should trade curry for kaman, and crawford for

Default knicks should trade curry for kaman, and crawford for

desmond mason or if we could possibly pull it off Artest. Knicks should also ditch francis' contract, i am sick and tired of watching lose because the dont mesh as a team, i think pulling off some trades like this would mesh the knicks team, and we would be alot better for it. It would also ditch some salary cap space. And since Kaman and Mason to proven players values are at all time lows, and curry and crawford are at all time highs I think it is very possible we could pull it off.

Knicks shouldn't change coach, as I think isiah has been a good coach. And we should keep Marbury until his contract ends, I want some more fresh blood, and dont think the knicks should renew any contracts except Lee and Balkman. I like the knicks future if they keep it simple. We are set for a first round draft pick which we also be good in the future.

Qrich also needs to go, his back is too unpredictable, I think we could make a nice package with him.

Team

Marbury - points, assits, three
    Mason - points, assist, drive to the basket
    Frye - points, blocks
    Lee - rebounds, steals, tough matchups
    Kaman - all round defence

I think this is a team I would love to see on paper, we also could have some quality backup players. Knicks need someone like Kapono, or Barry

Veteran

youre serious?..

first off Curry is the future of this team like it or not. his value is too high to trade him for a Caveman which by the ways contract doesnt equal his. The only way id trade Curry to the Clippers is if we got both Kaman (who becomes a free agent next year) and Maggette for him.

Crawford for Artest I wouldnt mind at all. contracts are similar but.. Sacramento would want another Shooting Guard when they have Kevin Martin. and Desmond Mason? riightt.

You wouldnt renew channing fryes or nate robinsons contracts?.. like them or not they still have good value.

im trying to stick to topic so ill end it there. but i dont agree.

how u going trade curry for kaman, and i wont trade crawford for mason, crawford could finish in the fast break just as good as mason, it might not be an explosive dnk but two points is two points

fans always wanta quick fix, but its not going to happen, and those were some of the worst trade ideas I have ever heard, lets not be so quick to elect curry into the hall of fame i love curry but i mean he is an offensive foul waiting to happen this guy got 1 fricken rebound in a game earlier this year, im a huge fan , but being realistic is part of being a fan, not being blind to it. He may have got ripped,but he didnt make it,hopefully it will makehim better, and lets go 26-15 in the 2nd half

Originally Posted by stephonmarbury8
    lets go 26-15 in the 2nd half
    the knicks dont evan have that much games left homey...
    i dont know if the contracts match but i would trade malik rose for steven hunter

[QUOTE=NYKnicks15;29179]youre serious?..

first off Curry is the future of this team

Curry is not the future, this is our main centre, he plays 30+ minutes and is fed the ball all the time, the only thing he is good for is his offence.

Ranks #33 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(329.0)
    Ranks #4 in the NBA in Total Turnovers(162.0)
    Ranks #8 in the NBA in Turnovers Per Game(3.45) Ranks #6 in the NBA in Turnovers Per 48 Minutes(4.82)
    Ranks #41 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(4.6)

thats from our no1 centre. he needs to be traded thats the thing who would take him, we need an okafor type centre, camby, kaman, ......

crawford has 15 attempts per game, and he shoots less than 40%

Originally Posted by theknicks3
    desmond mason or if we could possibly pull it off Artest. Knicks should also ditch francis' contract, i am sick and tired of watching lose because the dont mesh as a team, i think pulling off some trades like this would mesh the knicks team, and we would be alot better for it. It would also ditch some salary cap space. And since Kaman and Mason to proven players values are at all time lows, and curry and crawford are at all time highs I think it is very possible we could pull it off.

Knicks shouldn't change coach, as I think isiah has been a good coach. And we should keep Marbury until his contract ends, I want some more fresh blood, and dont think the knicks should renew any contracts except Lee and Balkman. I like the knicks future if they keep it simple. We are set for a first round draft pick which we also be good in the future.

Qrich also needs to go, his back is too unpredictable, I think we could make a nice package with him.

Team

Marbury - points, assits, three
    Mason - points, assist, drive to the basket
    Frye - points, blocks
    Lee - rebounds, steals, tough matchups
    Kaman - all round defence

I think this is a team I would love to see on paper, we also could have some quality backup players. Knicks need someone like Kapono, or Barry

Are you serious man? I'm hoping this is just a trigger reaction to us being slammed by the Bobcats. But you want to trade our leading scorer who still has the prime of his career to come for Chris Kaman? You've got to be out of your mind.

Curry doesn't rebound well and committs turnovers but he's our number one offensive threat. Look how much he improved over last summer if he improves just half that much again this year Hes going to be a 24 ppg game. He is the one untouchable guy on this team.

Now for your second trade Crawford for Mason. I"m one of the few Crawford fans on this site. He makes ****ty decisions but he has one thing you can't teach, ability to perform in the clutch. That being said I wouldn't be heartbroken if he was traded. But not for Desmond Mason. What does Desmond Mason give this team. Another good defensive player with lackluster offense. Pretty sure Balkman and Jeffries fit that bill.

Your projected Starting lineup is

Marbury
    Mason
    Frye
    Lee
    Kaman

I don't see that lineup has one true scorer. We'd probably average 80 points a game.

Finally having a shooter like Jason Kapono would be nice but how do you propose were going to get him. Cause I"m pretty sure the heat will be holding on to him.

Let's put this plain and clear....trading Curry for Kaman straight up....trading for Kaman straight up sounds like a Dice for Camby deal all over again. Kaman is not what we need. If this trade happens then every knick fan would go jump off a bridge...

Lurker

Let me tell you something. Eddy Curry is an all star who didnt make the team and jamal crawford is the best player that we have. Chris Kaman will never be half the player that Eddy Curry is, and dont even get me started on desmond mason.

Default My Thoughts about the trade deadline

Listen everybody I'm new on this forum with this being my first posting. Everyone will have their idea of the perfect trade but I think that is the last thing we need right now. The reason why the knicks have been below average for the past 4 years is because we always try to do quick fix after quick fix.......enough with it already keep everybody we have and if the perfect trade comes about so be it. The only trade I would like to see is ship francis out of town for some expiring contracts although that is probably impossible...Also we should try and acquire some draft picks if it's possible because this is supposed to be the best draft in NBA history....Curry showed amazing stuff in the game tonight against Orlando proving to the entire NBA that he was screwed over and should have been on the all-star team. I'm a season ticket holder and go to everyhome game and let me tell you we still loose many games we shouldn't and have a long long ways to go but this team never dies anymore and thats one thing we couldn't say for the past 4 years so I'm happy with where we are at...But we can't loose to the NETS for example because those are statement games!!! Let me know what you guys think.....Knicks NBA Champs 2009?? We MUST START CLEARING CAP SPACEEEEEEEEE

kaman for curry:
    i cant imagine it, its bad in so many levels. first of all kaman was the hot center prospect of last year, but since signing that extension, the clips havent been getting the same production he had on his contract year. Curry practically replaced replaced Kaman as the next center prospect to the tune of being an all start snub (better than not being condiered i guess). I just cant see this one being good for the Knicks. Include corey or shaun then MAYBE it can be considered.

crawford for mason
    Does this need any explanation?Really? Its like trading a PS3 for a gameboy. not the colored version, sp or any of the new stuff.im talking about the first gameboy edition here. its bad, really!

On the other hand trading crawford for artest is a good idea. But its just wishful thinking. Maybe if the knicks include jeffries, frye or robinson then this can be considered.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Come on GUYS, lets see a strong reasonable Kaman vs Curry debate...this thread is weak so far.

Veteran

Kamans plus? It basically comes down to defense. Sure Kamans is better but Eddys will get there in time. Hes rebounding better and hes starting to improve his D. Little at a time but he is. Those workouts with Cato are helping.

Eddys plus? POWER. This kid is going to be THE best low post presence in the league in years time. Dwight Howard right there with him but as you saw the other night Eddy is still more powerful. Kaman likes to shoot or layup but Eddy likes to finish. Get to the line. Id rather have a sure dunk over a shoot in the paint anyday.

and after this last game... can we just say discussion ended? haha

I will admit, Curry is performing alot better than Kaman. But i cant believed how all of you dismissed this straight away. Knicks always lose to teams with big pf, and that is because we do not have a strong presence of d. I think Curry will get better, but i really want a quality shot blocker. Today Curry stats look better than kaman, but Kaman only played 23 minutes and got 14 points and 6 rebounds, and 1 block. Curry played 40 and got 23 points, 7 rebounds, and 0 blocks plus turnovers.

Curry is good a certain stay but if he is we need that strong Kaman type player, maybe steve Hunter, but someone better. We cant get these players cheap, so that means we might hae to give away some one good. I think we should try and get ron artest and kenny thomas for crawford, and frye. How about that??????????. other than Marbury at the point and Curry at centre, im not pleased with anything else on the knicks team except lee coming of the bench.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Eddys plus? POWER. This kid is going to be THE best low post presence in the league in years time. Id rather have a sure dunk over a shoot in the paint anyday.
    Not a smart statement. 2 points is 2 points. A shoot in the paint? I don't even know what that is.

The best low post presence in the NBA? Curry is the worst low post precense defensively. Where is that power on defense? Dwight Howard is extremely one dementional like Curry, he relies on dunks all the time. Orlando is a dumbass team for running their offense threw him, thats why they score so little points. Dwight Howard though is a good defender. He's good on both sides of the court in the low post. This is why Howard made the all star team and Curry didn't. POWER? Where's Curry's power on the rebounding...man defense...help defense. How can he be the best overall really? Offensively, he's pretty good, one dementional, but good. I think you forgot Yao plays in the NBA. Greg Oden right now is better than Curry.

And honestly, I don't even like Kaman, but he's multi dementional and Curry isn't. Curry is overrated, and by the end of this season, when you come to reality and realize our record, you'll see why I'm right.