Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade JEFFRIES!!!!

Nyk Logo Trade JEFFRIES!!!!

Listen I'm a season ticket holder and I set realtivley close to the court so I've gotten quite a good look at this guy all season. Let me tell you HE ISN'T A GOOD PLAYER!!! Once in a while he has a decent guy but I see this guy taking three pointers and I want to pull my hair out of my head!! He should be pulled from a game if he ever attempts this again. The problem with Isiah is he is always trying to prove us knick fans correct with the moves that he makes. He keeps pushing something even though its not working for example trying to work James into the rotation now. Lets be honest he shouldnt be in the nba even if he was paying the team to play!! I park in the same parking lot as the players do every game and let me tell you I heard James said he "doesn't care if he plays because he gets his money either way." We can't have players with these kinds of attitudes. We need players who will bust there ass every night and know what it means to be a team player. The best example of this is Malik Rose!!! He doesn't play at all but he is always giving the young guys advise and helping them out. He is so valuable to this team even though it isn't on the court. I truely believe he can contribute alot more to this team on and off the court then Jeffries and James. Isiah THomas shouldn't have the power to sign free agents because lets be honest he SUCKS AT IT!!! Give me a break Jeffries and JAmes combining for $60 million owed. you must be kidding me!!!!!!! We need to stop this **** now. Also Isiah is the draft master but lets be honest he really blew it in this draft. Balkman is so unpolished and will take years to develop. He always turns the ball over and can't take a 8 foot jumpshot. I would of much rather drafted marcus williams even if it was to trade him we could of gotten some draft picks for this year or something. Let me know what you think and lets go knicks!!!

Veteran

i agree with your comments on malik...

as to jerome, he is with us for a while longer.. like 3 years... nobody wants this wide load.

as to jefferies .. with all the hoopla signing him, i doubt I.T. will now trade his ass and lose face... , plus if traded there is a kicker in the contract... what a waste of 10m a year (5 salary+5 penalty)

Nyk Logo

I would definitely agree with Knicksfan101 that we should trade JJ20, JJ13, and Malik, but heres the kicker: WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER CONSIDER TRADING FOR THESE GUYS? None of them have expiring contracts and let us face it, they all suck! The only upside JJ13 has is his height, Malik his leadership, and JJ20 his mediocre defense. Although I would love to see these guys traded, I do not think any team would be dumb enough to trade for them. Lets just be realistic.

One upside though is to waive Malik and go down to the NBDL for what we need: A true PG and defensive-minded PF (if we can find any)...It should give some guys a shot like we did with QWoods last year and Jackie B. the year before. But, we are stuck with our MLE guys for a least 3 years.

Nyk Logo

[QUOTE=eastlinykfan;29235]I would definitely agree with Knicksfan101 that we should trade JJ20, JJ13, and Malik, but heres the kicker: WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER CONSIDER TRADING FOR THESE GUYS? None of them have expiring contracts and let us face it, they all suck! The only upside JJ13 has is his height, Malik his leadership, and JJ20 his mediocre defense. Although I would love to see these guys traded, I do not think any team would be dumb enough to trade for them. Lets just be realistic; we are stuck with our MLE guys for a least 3 years and Malik too. But what if:

we waive Malik and go down to the NBDL to get what we need: A true PG and defensive-minded PF (if we can find any)...IT should give some guys a shot like we did with QWoods last year and Jackie B. We are trying to build a young team, IT has eye for talent obviously, lets get what we need from the "farm system." We really don't lose in that situation because if these kids end up being nothing more than Dleaguers, all we have to is ship their asses back down to Terra Haute or wherever they play. Sounds like win-win to me!

These posts are exactly why Knicks fans get bad names. It's always the quick fix with you guys. Was trading for Malik Rose and signing Jerome James bad moves yes. But then again taking on Mailk's awful contract did land us David Lee.

Now to Jarred Jeffries. I"m not going to try to argue and say he's playing well cause he isn't. I also can't argue that he's not overpaid, because he is. But one thing I will argue is that we can't give up on him after a few months. The hurt his wrist and missed most of the begining of the season, and then he got suspended. He's barely played. The guy has the ability to be a good defender. Everybody loves David Lee but he can't guard those agile small forwards but you know who can? Jefferies.

He's never going to be an allstar or Ron Artest, but guess what we're stuck with him. I really do think he can work his way into a nice defender off the bench.

What ever happened to Qyntel Woods anyway? I thought he showed some promise at the 3 spot last year?

Ill tell ya what happened to QWoods...He was a one-dimensional player (didnt play D) and we already have enough of them!

We can't trade Jefferies because what you see sitting at the Garden is what every GM sees as well! Also, give hime a chance since he didn't really have a preseason and missed alot of the begining of the season so may be the second half he can ramp up his game.

yeah man what did happen to the other Q? I know the knicks obviously had no room for him but im suprised hes not playin for another team. Look at matt barnes doin good now i was more impressed with woods last year then barnes.

i see all of ya'll points but if someone needs to get traded how about Q-Rich?? i kno he plays D, but he is not consistant in scoring... i noticed that in games we loose he shoots like 1-8, 3-10, 0-5 from the 3-point line and games we win he shoots good. he has more bad offensive games than good ones and that kills us!! i wouldnt mind seeing Q-Rich leave. as far as Jared Jeffries, he will definatly get it together... he didnt play in preason really, he didnt play due to the suspension and injury, once he plays on the consitant bases for the knick i think the chemistry will develop with him. the knicks arent far from success

Veteran

i agree jefferies was hurt during the pre-season,and then suspended, but i hope that there is more to his game then what he has shown... cause i ain't impressed so far...

Jeffries will get it together eventually. He works too hard to continue to struggle. By the end of March, we'll see what hes really about

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    These posts are exactly why Knicks fans get bad names. It's always the quick fix with you guys. Was trading for Malik Rose and signing Jerome James bad moves yes. But then again taking on Mailk's awful contract did land us David Lee.

Now to Jarred Jeffries. I"m not going to try to argue and say he's playing well cause he isn't. I also can't argue that he's not overpaid, because he is. But one thing I will argue is that we can't give up on him after a few months. The hurt his wrist and missed most of the begining of the season, and then he got suspended. He's barely played. The guy has the ability to be a good defender. Everybody loves David Lee but he can't guard those agile small forwards but you know who can? Jefferies.

He's never going to be an allstar or Ron Artest, but guess what we're stuck with him. I really do think he can work his way into a nice defender off the bench.
    Like most of the players on this roster. This is why Isiah is such a bad GM. We're going to be stuck in this ****ty position for a long time. You continue to prove why Isiah is a terrible GM with your simple minded non logical post.

Knick fans get bad names? Knick fans like you who are always slurping all over Isiah, Curry, Crawford and Dolan. If you don't like Knick fans, you can leave this forum.

You're probably Carpy, DonChris or 1nLonely, you guys all spit the same **** in every post, its getting annoying how you guys troll the forum with this Pro Isiah crusade on Knick fans.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Like most of the players on this roster. This is why Isiah is such a bad GM. We're going to be stuck in this ****ty position for a long time. You continue to prove why Isiah is a terrible GM with your simple minded non logical post.

Knick fans get bad names? Knick fans like you who are always slurping all over Isiah, Curry, Crawford and Dolan. If you don't like Knick fans, you can leave this forum.

You're probably Carpy, DonChris or 1nLonely, you guys all spit the same **** in every post, its getting annoying how you guys troll the forum with this Pro Isiah crusade on Knick fans.

You know whats annoying you bash all other posters, bash Isiah, bash Crawford, bash Eddy Curry, but yet you never come up with any type of ideas or solutions to these problems. All i hear is fire Isiah which i hate to break it to you is't going to happen. We're beoming a better team and if you don't think so your an idiot.

But I"m ready and willing to hear your ideas of how you'd fix this team.

Thumbs down Say What??????

You people have all lost your minds!!!!