Trade JEFFRIES!!!!

Listen I'm a season ticket holder and I set realtivley close to the court so I've gotten quite a good look at this guy all season. Let me tell you HE ISN'T A GOOD PLAYER!!! Once in a while he has a decent guy but I see this guy taking three pointers and I want to pull my hair out of my head!! He should be pulled from a game if he ever attempts this again. The problem with Isiah is he is always trying to prove us knick fans correct with the moves that he makes. He keeps pushing something even though its not working for example trying to work James into the rotation now. Lets be honest he shouldnt be in the nba even if he was paying the team to play!! I park in the same parking lot as the players do every game and let me tell you I heard James said he "doesn't care if he plays because he gets his money either way." We can't have players with these kinds of attitudes. We need players who will bust there ass every night and know what it means to be a team player. The best example of this is Malik Rose!!! He doesn't play at all but he is always giving the young guys advise and helping them out. He is so valuable to this team even though it isn't on the court. I truely believe he can contribute alot more to this team on and off the court then Jeffries and James. Isiah THomas shouldn't have the power to sign free agents because lets be honest he SUCKS AT IT!!! Give me a break Jeffries and JAmes combining for $60 million owed. you must be kidding me!!!!!!! We need to stop this shit now. Also Isiah is the draft master but lets be honest he really blew it in this draft. Balkman is so unpolished and will take years to develop. He always turns the ball over and can't take a 8 foot jumpshot. I would of much rather drafted marcus williams even if it was to trade him we could of gotten some draft picks for this year or something. Let me know what you think and lets go knicks!!!

paris401

Starter
i agree with your comments on malik...

as to jerome, he is with us for a while longer.. like 3 years... nobody wants this wide load.

as to jefferies .. with all the hoopla signing him, i doubt I.T. will now trade his ass and lose face... , plus if traded there is a kicker in the contract... what a waste of 10m a year (5 salary+5 penalty)

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
I would definitely agree with Knicksfan101 that we should trade JJ20, JJ13, and Malik, but heres the kicker: WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER CONSIDER TRADING FOR THESE GUYS? None of them have expiring contracts and let us face it, they all suck! The only upside JJ13 has is his height, Malik his leadership, and JJ20 his mediocre defense. Although I would love to see these guys traded, I do not think any team would be dumb enough to trade for them. Lets just be realistic.

One upside though is to waive Malik and go down to the NBDL for what we need: A true PG and defensive-minded PF (if we can find any)...It should give some guys a shot like we did with QWoods last year and Jackie B. the year before. But, we are stuck with our MLE guys for a least 3 years.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
I would definitely agree with Knicksfan101 that we should trade JJ20, JJ13, and Malik, but heres the kicker: WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER CONSIDER TRADING FOR THESE GUYS? None of them have expiring contracts and let us face it, they all suck! The only upside JJ13 has is his height, Malik his leadership, and JJ20 his mediocre defense. Although I would love to see these guys traded, I do not think any team would be dumb enough to trade for them. Lets just be realistic; we are stuck with our MLE guys for a least 3 years and Malik too. But what if:

we waive Malik and go down to the NBDL to get what we need: A true PG and defensive-minded PF (if we can find any)...IT should give some guys a shot like we did with QWoods last year and Jackie B. We are trying to build a young team, IT has eye for talent obviously, lets get what we need from the "farm system." We really don't lose in that situation because if these kids end up being nothing more than Dleaguers, all we have to is ship their asses back down to Terra Haute or wherever they play. Sounds like win-win to me!

GetRealistic

Starter
These posts are exactly why Knicks fans get bad names. It's always the quick fix with you guys. Was trading for Malik Rose and signing Jerome James bad moves yes. But then again taking on Mailk's awful contract did land us David Lee.

Now to Jarred Jeffries. I"m not going to try to argue and say he's playing well cause he isn't. I also can't argue that he's not overpaid, because he is. But one thing I will argue is that we can't give up on him after a few months. The hurt his wrist and missed most of the begining of the season, and then he got suspended. He's barely played. The guy has the ability to be a good defender. Everybody loves David Lee but he can't guard those agile small forwards but you know who can? Jefferies.

He's never going to be an allstar or Ron Artest, but guess what we're stuck with him. I really do think he can work his way into a nice defender off the bench.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
Ill tell ya what happened to QWoods...He was a one-dimensional player (didnt play D) and we already have enough of them!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
We can't trade Jefferies because what you see sitting at the Garden is what every GM sees as well! Also, give hime a chance since he didn't really have a preseason and missed alot of the begining of the season so may be the second half he can ramp up his game.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
yeah man what did happen to the other Q? I know the knicks obviously had no room for him but im suprised hes not playin for another team. Look at matt barnes doin good now i was more impressed with woods last year then barnes.

Nyankee

Rookie
i see all of ya'll points but if someone needs to get traded how about Q-Rich?? i kno he plays D, but he is not consistant in scoring... i noticed that in games we loose he shoots like 1-8, 3-10, 0-5 from the 3-point line and games we win he shoots good. he has more bad offensive games than good ones and that kills us!! i wouldnt mind seeing Q-Rich leave. as far as Jared Jeffries, he will definatly get it together... he didnt play in preason really, he didnt play due to the suspension and injury, once he plays on the consitant bases for the knick i think the chemistry will develop with him. the knicks arent far from success

paris401

Starter
i agree jefferies was hurt during the pre-season,and then suspended, but i hope that there is more to his game then what he has shown... cause i ain't impressed so far...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Jeffries will get it together eventually. He works too hard to continue to struggle. By the end of March, we'll see what hes really about

metrocard

Legend
These posts are exactly why Knicks fans get bad names. It's always the quick fix with you guys. Was trading for Malik Rose and signing Jerome James bad moves yes. But then again taking on Mailk's awful contract did land us David Lee.

Now to Jarred Jeffries. I"m not going to try to argue and say he's playing well cause he isn't. I also can't argue that he's not overpaid, because he is. But one thing I will argue is that we can't give up on him after a few months. The hurt his wrist and missed most of the begining of the season, and then he got suspended. He's barely played. The guy has the ability to be a good defender. Everybody loves David Lee but he can't guard those agile small forwards but you know who can? Jefferies.

He's never going to be an allstar or Ron Artest, but guess what we're stuck with him. I really do think he can work his way into a nice defender off the bench.

Like most of the players on this roster. This is why Isiah is such a bad GM. We're going to be stuck in this shitty position for a long time. You continue to prove why Isiah is a terrible GM with your simple minded non logical post.

Knick fans get bad names? Knick fans like you who are always slurping all over Isiah, Curry, Crawford and Dolan. If you don't like Knick fans, you can leave this forum.

You're probably Carpy, DonChris or 1nLonely, you guys all spit the same shit in every post, its getting annoying how you guys troll the forum with this Pro Isiah crusade on Knick fans.

GetRealistic

Starter
Like most of the players on this roster. This is why Isiah is such a bad GM. We're going to be stuck in this shitty position for a long time. You continue to prove why Isiah is a terrible GM with your simple minded non logical post.

Knick fans get bad names? Knick fans like you who are always slurping all over Isiah, Curry, Crawford and Dolan. If you don't like Knick fans, you can leave this forum.

You're probably Carpy, DonChris or 1nLonely, you guys all spit the same shit in every post, its getting annoying how you guys troll the forum with this Pro Isiah crusade on Knick fans.

You know whats annoying you bash all other posters, bash Isiah, bash Crawford, bash Eddy Curry, but yet you never come up with any type of ideas or solutions to these problems. All i hear is fire Isiah which i hate to break it to you is't going to happen. We're beoming a better team and if you don't think so your an idiot.

But I"m ready and willing to hear your ideas of how you'd fix this team.

paris401

Starter
so we signed jefferies to the midcap this year 5m per year for 6 years + the tax... so it will cost a total of 60m over 6 years..

now let's focus on this years midcap... who should we sign ??

let's see... we want a forward, who it is rumored plays " D " , has no offense, does not hit free throws... someone who generally sux's..

my vote goes to jason collins of the nets... he sux's big time, and would be a complete waste of $$$$...

yep i think I.T. should sign twin.... maybe if we get lucky, we can also get the other brother.

we can have a front line of twin/twin/jerome...

dig4that

Rookie

I gotta comment here. I think you should be more realistic. I gave up on Jeffries and not because I'm a bad fan, but because I'm a good one who watches the games. If he missed most of the year and has a nagging injury than why is he starting? Is that in his contract too? And if he is so good on defense why doesnt he focus on that instead of making us cringe as he tries to dribble up the court or stops looking at the ground to take an awful three point shot. I've seen him make good moves to the basket, but why does he think he can go cross-court after a rebound? I'm not trying to be negative, he could have a spot on the roster, but not in the starting 5 and not at all if he can't hold on to the basketball or learn how to dribble. And you would think if he valued his own defensive abilities, he would stop trying to score and quit getting pulled for amateur mistakes. (And he's never there when Eddy catches a double or triple team, but you know who is? D. Lee.)

i have to agree with dig4that here as well
jeffries is a nice defender but unfortunately we need more than just that to be a constant player
i he is a source of turnovers on a team that averages way more than any team should
plus his man is the one who will be double teaming because teams know that he is not a very big threat
i would say get rid of him but no one will take him unless hes part of a bigger deal so i think we are stuck with him and if an opportunity does come up to get young guys or draft piks or a good all around role player then go ahead

I def agree with what was said above, Jefferies had a bad start to his knick career so patience is the best answer right now. But if he keeps making soo many mistakes and turnovers in the short burn he gets on the court benching him is the best this Thomas can do.

What I don’t see is how Jefferies got his defensive stopper tag. he has height athleticism, and long arms all the tools for a great defender. but even when I watched him with the wizards he seemed like a player who jus floats around and hustles. We already have Lee for that role + added offense. Another bad addition by Thomas.