Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Half Grades

Veteran

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    channing frye, curry and nate get all kinds of **** for the holes in their games... but we ignore his flaws... i just thought giving lee an A THIS season is kinda tough to justify... unless you're grading on potential...

one word comes to mind... THE GREAT WHITE HOPE... oophs thats 4...

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    but since he's the hardest working, most passionate Knick on a team that finally has some passion... we're making him sound like the future of the league already (which he may be)... but he needs to stay healthy... learn defense and develop an offensive game...

channing frye, curry and nate get all kinds of **** for the holes in their games... but we ignore his flaws... i just thought giving lee an A THIS season is kinda tough to justify... unless you're grading on potential...

i think an A is a top ten player at their position... garnet, duncan, amare, boozer, j o'neal, dirk, gasol, okafor, webber, randolph...

i think lee will eventually be better than all of these guys except garnett (better all around), duncan (better fundamentals) and dirk (better shooter)...
    Well everyone is entitled to their opinion, but those guys have sweated it out and put it all on the floor, same as what lee is doing now. Though you're completely right about the defense and the perimeter shots, he IS working on that and Isiah is encouraging his improvement and building confidence (example: the one or two 12 ft-ers he attempts each game) I'm going to grade this year and grade based on how long they have been in the league and their skills set. I mean David Lee is in second grade, Webber is in Graduate school, how can you compare the 2? and he is in no way the future of the league, but he could be the future of the team with the right core around him. Best part is that him and Curry play so well together. (maybe not defensively, but give this time)

Marbury= A- - I don't care what anyone says, this is Marbury's best year as a Knick, and possibly his best year in the NBA. His D has flat out won us games. Yet that need to try a 3-ball hurts sometimes when he is cold.
    Crawford= C+ - clutch sometimes, not other times. He damn sure can shoot, is a natural going towards the hoop, but has some soft spots on D and ballhandling
    Curry= B+ Regardless of what people say about his D, his is trying to assert himself, getting more fouls called on the D than on the offensive side, and being creative under the hoop.
    Jeffries= F Why did we pay him so much again?
    Richardson= C Health concerns, but has the tools and shows brilliance on both sides of the court.
    Frye= C- Need to see more
    Robinson= D Needs to cool the ego trip and lose the napolean complex. Show you quickness with your hands and feet and not with his mouth.
    James= F Bust
    Lee= A Great work ethic, embraced the team, wants to get better. Big fan, great year.
    Balkman= C - showing good skills, needs to build more confidence and he could be a good contributer.
    Collins= F Only thing I've seen is a hard foul and punch to his dome. And when he dribbles he looks like he needs to take a ****, anyone else see this?
    Cato= Incomplete - go back to school
    Francis= D- Where does he fit in, and can he show his brilliance again?
    Rose= B I know this is a bit crazy, but he is a great locker room guy, a veteran motivator, and a guy who can come in any time, no matter how long hes been on the bench, and come in and play his heart out of both sides of the ball. And he's got a great outside jumper from just about any spot on the floor. I wish he got more minutes actually.

Default I Like that you clarified that...

Originally Posted by dig4that
    I'm going to grade this year and grade based on how long they have been in the league and their skills set.
    I think Lee's work ethic will propell him in the end, since the greats (Kobe, Jordan, Melo, Lebron, DWade) have the desire to be the greats... I still wouldn't grade him an A yet though... and I agree with your marbury comments completely... I think this might be his best year in the league so far...

Default Clyde !

He's a good listen. Its great to have him on the telecasts. He's always giving Marbury on air instructions. What i can't understand is why the Mets got rid of Tom Seaver. He's like Clyde he's part of the history and team you got to find a place for him. Also, i thought he was top notch.