Knicks Making Play For Gooden?

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Couple of things...

Hey guys, new user here
this is the first year that Isaih has been fairly silent on hte trade front. To be honest i htink it has done some good for the knicks. It has allowed them to play together and develope some team chemistry. However this is one of those times where i truly think the knicks can make a possible run in the east. We are just missing a few key pieces to the puzzle. Marbury is finally playing like a true point guard. He is no longer selfish and looks more for assists than points. Curry is finally developing into a strong threat down low. Lee has been amazing off the boards and I think will be a major threat down the road.

Now there are a few guys who i think just take up space. Francis does not fit in in NY. He wont start over marbury and i think nate does a better job off the bench. Some way some how he needs to leave. Jeffries is valuable with defense but other than that he is a wasts and we need more of an all around threat. Frye in my mind is a good player but is expendable. He is a scorerer but not as good as curry and not as good of a rebounder as Lee. Crawford and Qrich are both good players but too streaky. They take away from each other in my mind and you need someone a little more consistant and Qrich isnt a true 3.

Heres where trades can come in beautifully. The idea of getting artest is amazing. First and formost you try to get rid of Francis. That probably wont happen considering they have bibby. I would however give up either a crawford or a Qrich and a frye or a malik.

Gooden would also help pik up the slack on defense and rebounding but i would not give up anything too special. I would offer francis again which they might jump at since they need a point, then i would offer a malik or a james or somrthing. If we dont get him it is not that big of a deal, we already have a lee.

that would make ur lineup
1-marbury+nate
2-crawford or Qrich
3-artest
4-gooden+lee+balkman
5-curry

thats a dangerous lineup all around the only thing it is lacking is a shooting threat which i personally think should be our main object in the offseason wether it is through the draft or free agency

any one have ideas on this

I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of crawford or qrich... rich is 26, craw is 27... rich has injury issues, but has been solid since his days with the clips... if crawford is consistent... he can be a solid larry hughes (or if we're lucky joe johnson) kinda do everything two... he just needs better decision making...

i also wouldn't get rid of Frye in the gooden trade... since drew has had a longer time in the league and has never quite fit in wherever he went (remember, he was supposed to be the man in Memphis... then he was t-mac's sidekick... now he's that guy in cleveland...)...

Unless we get someone who will guarantee a title in the next two seasons (maybe artest can do that)... i would just hold on to nate, channing and d-lee... their rookie contracts will all be up in '08 (the same year steph's money comes off the books as well)... then we can re-evaluate and sign the ones we think are keepers and trade the guys we can do without...

someone else said this somewhere in this thread... but why let these guys go to watch them develop for someone else?? haven't we learned from our past trades yet? (see Ariza, Trevor; Jackson, Mark; Strickland, Rod)...