Channing Frye and Robinson and another contract for Rashard Lewis!!!

This is the latest rumor released just a few hours ago and I was wondering what everyone thought about it. I think its a good trade I would hate to see Frye go but Lee is so solid we could afford it. I know alot of people don't like nate but he is explosive and I love him. But Rashard Lewis is a former all-star the only problem is he is often injured. I would rather get Ray Allen and give up some bigger names on our team. Let me know what you think and lets pray we make the playoffs!!

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I like Nate Robinson to I would hate to see him go. How about Frye and Balkman 2nd round pick for Ray Ray or Frye and Balkman for Lewis? Thats a good trade.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Often injured?
This is the first time since his Rookie season that he won't participate in at least 71 games.
If we could add J.James or even better Francis -although another player like Fortson had to be involved- I'd make it.
The only problem is, that Lewis might opt out of his contract at season's end, so the only profit of this deal would be cap space....

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
keep frye and nate

they are young and those guys are old especially Allen. We would be getting a guy thats 32yrs old. I.T. won't make any trades like that. Lets trade Curry and a large contract for Garnett.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
they are young and those guys are old especially Allen. We would be getting a guy thats 32yrs old. I.T. won't make any trades like that. Lets trade Curry and a large contract for Garnett.

Are you crazy?? nobody would ever accept that trade. unless its an idiot that doesn't know anything about basketball. Garnett is a superstar Curry might become one some day, but the trade your willing to do might take years when Curry is in his prime and Garnetts willing to retire the following year :beer:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i like frye and he going be a good player but to me he dont fit this team, lewis would be great wit curry gettin double teamed but damn i love nate and his heart

dig4that

Rookie
All Hype

This trade will not reap benefits. Rashard Lewis IS getting older, and although this IS his first real lost time since his rookie season, this is his 9th year, 8th full season. That's a lot of time spent in the NBA, and I fear this is another Tim Thomas (7th year), Antonio McDyess (9th year), Latrell Spreewell (7th year), Steve Francis (7th Year), Anfernee Hardaway (11th Year) type hype that will not reap benefits. (names we lost to those signings, Trevor Ariza, Marcus Camby, Nene Hilario) Signing Crawford and Q Rich was great, young, still hungry, still got skills to acquire. There is a reason these teams want to LOSE baggage. So they can become BETTER teams. The Sonics have had 3 winning seasons in his 9 year tenure, assuming this season is not a winning season, none of which have they been considered serious contenders, except when Brent Barry was lighting it up from beyond the arc. And if the Knicks pick up Rashard Lewis, he will not be the savior the same way none of those guys were the savior. He'll just be one more bag on the Knicks baggage claim that keeps spinning around and around and no one will ever pick that bag up unless we pay them. That is assuming we take him on the condition that we give him a contract. Which I'm sure IT would chuck at him. BOOOOOO I don't wanna watch Frye and Nate blossom somewhere else. If we're gonna do that lets send Lee packing for Desmond Mason. And then see if Tree Williams wants to come out of retirement. Who's with me?

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
I didn't say Mn would make that trade but, if you gave them Frye to that might do it. I wouldn't do that trade though if i was the knicks. I.T. did say in the paper the other day that Garnett is available. Yes lets bring the Tree back Harvey Catchings as his backup. I'd do Curry, Nate, collins, a #1 and the French guy.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
This trade will not reap benefits. Rashard Lewis IS getting older, and although this IS his first real lost time since his rookie season, this is his 9th year, 8th full season. That's a lot of time spent in the NBA, and I fear this is another Tim Thomas (7th year), Antonio McDyess (9th year), Latrell Spreewell (7th year), Steve Francis (7th Year), Anfernee Hardaway (11th Year) type hype that will not reap benefits. (names we lost to those signings, Trevor Ariza, Marcus Camby, Nene Hilario) Signing Crawford and Q Rich was great, young, still hungry, still got skills to acquire. There is a reason these teams want to LOSE baggage. So they can become BETTER teams. The Sonics have had 3 winning seasons in his 9 year tenure, assuming this season is not a winning season, none of which have they been considered serious contenders, except when Brent Barry was lighting it up from beyond the arc. And if the Knicks pick up Rashard Lewis, he will not be the savior the same way none of those guys were the savior. He'll just be one more bag on the Knicks baggage claim that keeps spinning around and around and no one will ever pick that bag up unless we pay them. That is assuming we take him on the condition that we give him a contract. Which I'm sure IT would chuck at him. BOOOOOO I don't wanna watch Frye and Nate blossom somewhere else. If we're gonna do that lets send Lee packing for Desmond Mason. And then see if Tree Williams wants to come out of retirement. Who's with me?

i am defenitaley not wit u, 9 years in the league is nothing these days, shard is needed in this team wit marbury wanting to pass 1st, and its scoring option after curry cuz theres points in the game where the knicks are just looking at curry

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
i am defenitaley not wit u, 9 years in the league is nothing these days, shard is needed in this team wit marbury wanting to pass 1st, and its scoring option after curry cuz theres points in the game where the knicks are just looking at curry

nah dude... Frye is in his 2nd season and we're talking about dumping him like he has reached his cap (same with Nate)... outside of Francis, JJ13 and JJ20... there are no Knicks I would trade before next season's trade deadline (since marbury, lee, frye, nate and balkman are all up then)... it's not like we're UNDER performing right now... give this squad some time to gel (unless we can get a true 3 or a defensive 4)...

GetRealistic

Starter
Lewis is a true 3

nah dude... Frye is in his 2nd season and we're talking about dumping him like he has reached his cap (same with Nate)... outside of Francis, JJ13 and JJ20... there are no Knicks I would trade before next season's trade deadline (since marbury, lee, frye, nate and balkman are all up then)... it's not like we're UNDER performing right now... give this squad some time to gel (unless we can get a true 3 or a defensive 4)...

Not arguing for or agianst the trade because honestly I'm not really sure if i'm for or against it. But Rashard Lewis is the definition of the prototypical small forward nowadays. He's 6'11 230. Has an outside shot, post game, and can shoot the 3. In 30 games this year he's averaging 21.6 6 bounds and 2.8 assists those aren't to shabby of stats people. The last three years he's averaged over 20 points and 5 boards.

This deal is deffinately worth consideration especially since we'll get to dump another contract on them. I also heard Fortsons name involved in the trade. Not to mention for some reason i been hearing that the Sonics are looking to get rid of Luke Ridnour. On ESPN insider it says that they may deal him to the Hawks. I"m not good with Cap numbers but if we could land Lewis and a solid ball handling backup point it may be a real good deal but then again the Tim Thomas/ Nazi Mohammad deal seemed like a great deal at the time.

Come on guys lets be realistic here... The knicks are not a contender for a championship this year, and trading for lewis isnt gonna change that... this is the type of move you make when you are already in a playoff spot and are trying to make yourself a real contender -- its not a move you should make when you have a lot of young talent, and are not really and elite team... i mean what is the best that can happen this season if we get lewis? a close second round playoff loss maybe... thats not worth a young and talented frye and nate... cuz lewis is not really old but hes getting there and its not a garuntee that he will stay after this season.. i know its tempting to get someone good now, but all it will do is win us more games, and will not bring us a championship right now and it will only hurt us in the long run.... I would rather see the knicks be a real contender in a few years than see them as just a good team right now

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Come on guys lets be realistic here... The knicks are not a contender for a championship this year, and trading for lewis isnt gonna change that... this is the type of move you make when you are already in a playoff spot and are trying to make yourself a real contender -- its not a move you should make when you have a lot of young talent, and are not really and elite team... i mean what is the best that can happen this season if we get lewis? a close second round playoff loss maybe... thats not worth a young and talented frye and nate... cuz lewis is not really old but hes getting there and its not a garuntee that he will stay after this season.. i know its tempting to get someone good now, but all it will do is win us more games, and will not bring us a championship right now and it will only hurt us in the long run.... I would rather see the knicks be a real contender in a few years than see them as just a good team right now

Exactly my point... how much more good young talent do we need to dump before we realize how stupid it is to trade away youngsters for a shot at the playoffs (ariza, matt barnes--he was our starting 3 at the season opener last year, nene, camby)...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
how would this trade help us? This would mean that someone would hit the bench hard. We would have JC, marbury, Q-Rich, Jeffries, Francis, and balkman playing the 1-3 spots. How are the distribution of minutes going to work out? We need to throw in a guard and they can throw in a PF or C and maybe the trade could make sense...sounds like another shakeup move and lord knows we don't need another one of those...