Curry, Nate and a #1 for Garnett

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
Garnett is on the block, this would be a good trade for both teams. Mn. isn't going anywhere in the next couple of yrs, Garnett is getting older and by the time they can put a team together Curry and Nate will have matured into players, don't sell Nate short:). A good draft this yr.

The knicks could contend maybe this yr and especially next yr for a chamionship. I.T. says he has a lot of pay back coming and i can't wait for him to dish it out.

paris401

Starter
Garnett is on the block, this would be a good trade for both teams. Mn. isn't going anywhere in the next couple of yrs, Garnett is getting older and by the time they can put a team together Curry and Nate will have matured into players, don't sell Nate short:). A good draft this yr.

The knicks could contend maybe this yr and especially next yr for a chamionship. I.T. says he has a lot of pay back coming and i can't wait for him to dish it out.

adding kg and deleting curry makes us a contender??? how so???... i agree that we would be a better team with kg, but a contender??

one other question.. curry makes 8+,nate 1+ for a total of 9+m
kg makes 21m... how does this work????

Nyankee

Rookie
o...k why on gods green earth would u give up a young eddy curry and nate robinson for an aging K.G??? K.G is my favorite player but i would not give up a rising star that might eventually get us in title contention in years down the line for someone who might not fit in the team well and again Curry is a young rising star!!! Curry is our franchise lets build around him and see wat happens...

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
you know Frenchie i can't believe you. If you don't think that trade makes us contenders you're a lost cause. You mean to say we can't add a contract or two. You know how much KG makes, what front office are you in.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Ummm... 30 year old KG has made it to the conference finals ONCE... every other team flamed out in the first round... he's also notorious for being unable to uplift his teams when they need it...

Curry is gonna develop into a top 5 center someday soon (Howard, Yao, Oden, Okur)... Nate could be a very good backup in time to come...

Since KG can't bring us a title this year... I would keep our team in tact...

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
i agree i with ya shairan, i'd like to see Curry improve in his all around game, we will see. With this team everything could just click one day and it could be soon.

paris401

Starter
you know Frenchie i can't believe you. If you don't think that trade makes us contenders you're a lost cause. You mean to say we can't add a contract or two. You know how much KG makes, what front office are you in.

toby... i'll try to explain the cap and how it works

kg makes 21m per year, while eddie makes 8m and nate 1m... thats a total of 9m (give or take acouple of hundred thousand)

both teams are over the cap which is around 53m

THEREFORE.. and here is where u have to pay attention.. for two teams to make a trade the salaries of the traded players must be with 10/12%

now u are a smart boy... is 21m within 10% of 9m????

as to what front office i am in... i am not in any... another lesson for u... type in yahoo or google nba salaries, and u will see what every player makes... its real simple.... again and i'll say it real slow this time
n b a s a l a r i e s...

now if u understand the above, u will understand how the stevie francis trade happened (another one of your posts)

see stevie was making 16 or 17, and penny was making 16 or 17, so the trade could be made... trevor being a 2nd round pick was making garbage (500/750 thou), so he was a throw-in..

and what did each team get... well orlando got 17m of cap space, and a pretty good 6-7-8 man off the bench... and what did we get... a player who is untradeable until
feb 09...

and as i said, i am not from paris, but its a lovely city... have u ever been there??

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
Hey Paris, Ariza is a 6th man, wow you would probably give our # 1 to get him back. He would have been cut this yr if it came down to it. I think we should call you Scott Layden.

paris401

Starter
Hey Paris, Ariza is a 6th man, wow you would probably give our # 1 to get him back. He would have been cut this yr if it came down to it. I think we should call you Scott Layden.

holy shit... u can actually read...

i said ....'' and what did each team get... well orlando got 17m of cap space, and a pretty good 6-7-8 man off the bench''

let me explain it.... s l o w l y... to u toby

trevor is that 6-7-8 man off the bench... again and even s l o w e r
for u toby... ''and what did each team get... well orlando got 17m of cap space, and a pretty good 6-7-8 man off the bench''

and toby i ask again... have u ever been to paris???

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
Frenchie, you are one dumb dude. You say Ariza is a 6th man off the bench then you repeat it, you don't learn. Let Orlando get 17 mil off their cap. The knicks got Stevie Franchise. We will see the rest of the yr. I.T. has said the Knicks will probably always be over the cap so, why are you crying about it. If they can spend the money and bring in players why not. For example, Frenchie Hilton if the Kings wanted to just get rid of Artest because you pick a reason(u r always wrong anyway) and lets say he has 3 yrs left on his contract the knicks could give them an expiring contract and presto the've gotten better. Then it will add yrs before they can get under the cap, so what. They can be over the cap where other teams can't afford to this isn't Football Frenchie, do you know the difference between the two balls.

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
Frenchie you shouldn't try to figure out the intricacies of the cap you're not capable. I'm sure everyone but u knew what i meant when discussing KG and throwing in additional contracts. How could anyone think i meant anything but similar #'s. Somethings are a given u can't grasp that i see. You don't even have any Soldiers in Iraq with us so leave our Country!!!

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Frenchie, you are one dumb dude. You say Ariza is a 6th man off the bench then you repeat it, you don't learn. Let Orlando get 17 mil off their cap. The knicks got Stevie Franchise. We will see the rest of the yr. I.T. has said the Knicks will probably always be over the cap so, why are you crying about it. If they can spend the money and bring in players why not. For example, Frenchie Hilton if the Kings wanted to just get rid of Artest because you pick a reason(u r always wrong anyway) and lets say he has 3 yrs left on his contract the knicks could give them an expiring contract and presto the've gotten better. Then it will add yrs before they can get under the cap, so what. They can be over the cap where other teams can't afford to this isn't Football Frenchie, do you know the difference between the two balls.

The problem with that theory is that in basketball, the cap ties your hands more so than football... football doesn't have guaranteed money, so they can cut players without having to pay out the entire value of the contract...

In bball... if you cut someone... you owe them the full amount of the contract... also...

The Knicks aren't only over the cap... they are WAAAAAY over the cap... we're at almost 80 million (the salary cap is 53 mil)... not sure if that's still the league high... this also means that the knicks have to pay the luxury tax for every dollar that they spend over the cap... 27 mil over the cap = 27 mil luxury tax... so our actual player salaries cost us about 107 mil... so while a player like JJeffries is making 8 mil... we're paying an additional 8 mil for him in cap penalties... and for all our spending... we haven't made the playoffs in two seasons...

by contrast... the last 3 NBA champions are under or barely over the cap (Det, SA, Mia)... AND... here's the kicker... actually receive profits from the luxury tax from teams like the knicks that are above the tax threshold...

this means the knicks are less profitable than NBA championship teams... that's why tickets at the garden are so f***ing expensive... why merchandise at the garden is so f***ing expensive... why food... you get the drift...

if IT keeps doing this... Knick fans are the only ones who will be paying for inflated player salaries...