Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: J James and Knicks trades

  1. #1
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default J James and Knicks trades

    I had seen bad players before but this guy is beyond bad. If the Knicks decide to Trade him what team will be willing to trade for him??? I dont know I think the Knicks might just release him? what you guys think?

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,643
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    there is no team that will trade for this load... none...zero...nada...zip

    he is untradeable... and he has 3 more years on his contract, so i highly doubt he will be released.

    we are stuck with jerome (burger king) james for 3 mo years...

  3. #3
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Release him. The mere sight of his fat ass just makes me pissed off. If he goes away, I find it way more beneficial to fans- and thomas to.

  4. #4
    Member brooklyn_baller318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    see heres the problem james isnt the only useless guy we have on the team...we also have mardy collins and cato who dont even play every night. and you cant release them all. unfortunately we need to either move him or live with another horrible mistake of a contract and right now no fool of a GM will take him unless hes connected to another player in a larger deal

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Collins and Cato are not dragging down the Knicks salary cap. Cato is signed to only 1 year and at the league minimum and Collins has a rookie contract. Starks, I also can't stand James. If Isiah can't trade him, I hope the Knicks do buy James out. Personally, I still believe the Knicks need to blow up the team. Isiah has not shown enough improvement to keep his job. Dolan is a moron to believe otherwise. The only bright side is David Lee this season and Isiah did not have anything to do with that. Until Eddy Curry can pass out of double teams, learn to defend and rebound, I do not consider his season a dramatic improvement. He's always had the talent to score. The only difference this season is he's in shape. It's funny how gullible some Knicks fans are. Suddenly, the Knicks win 2 in a row, and they're a different team. Lets get a string of 5+ game win streaks...then we could start believing its a different team.

  6. #6
    Member brooklyn_baller318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i wasnt meaning that they were dragging down the cap just that they are also useless players on the team that will never amount to anything like james i do agree with you on the fact that we need to win more games before we can think we are a changed team but i also think we are atleast taking steps in the right direction.

  7. #7
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I say we trade James to the Nets for a twig and a dead squirrel. I'd figure they'd take it...Jerome james for an inanimate object and a decaying animal. even trade

  8. #8
    Member brooklyn_baller318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I dont know if James is even worth that much unfortunately hahaha

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default James

    I agree with you guys that JJ is not very good and way overpaid, but we need to consider that he is a good locker room guy, he is one of the most popular players in our locker room and keeps our players heads up during tough times, at least he isnt like a downer like some other players we've had in the past. RIght now our chemistry is starting to gel and we need to be patient and give our guys some time, this is why we never get better we never give our guys time, we as new yorkers are always in such a hurry, i believe with all our young guys and all this talent even if we dont make the playoffs this year we have made pretty decent strides and next year we will be on top of the atlantic from the beginnin of the season. ALso about cato, collins, and james just takin up space on the bench.. I'd like to know which NBA teams plays all 15 of its players every night... NO One exactly, there will always be players who sit on the bench and be there for back up.. why dont people understand that.. if we had 15 guys that can produce it wouldnt matter cuz we can only play 5 at a time.....

  10. #10
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Wait what was Isiah thinking about signing him in the first place? when he was in Seattle?

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,643
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    burger king had a good couple/few games for seattle in the playoffs, and I.T. signed him.... not knowing he would trade for curry a bit later..

    bad timing... i do not like burger king, but gotta say, for 2-3-4... sometimes for 5 min strech's he looks real good.. then he commits a couple of stupid fouls, and he is back on the pine..

  12. #12
    Member brooklyn_baller318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs down

    Originally Posted by mugili716
    I'd like to know which NBA teams plays all 15 of its players every night... NO One exactly, there will always be players who sit on the bench and be there for back up.. why dont people understand that.. if we had 15 guys that can produce it wouldnt matter cuz we can only play 5 at a time.....
    hers the thing though he has started for us... he has no business playing let alone starting especially when you have guys that are better like a david lee...if you like him as a bench presence thats fine but he should not have gotten hte money he did nor should he ever play unless there is no choice

  13. #13
    Newbie dig4that's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by mugili716
    I agree with you guys that JJ is not very good and way overpaid, but we need to consider that he is a good locker room guy, he is one of the most popular players in our locker room and keeps our players heads up during tough times, at least he isnt like a downer like some other players we've had in the past. RIght now our chemistry is starting to gel and we need to be patient and give our guys some time, this is why we never get better we never give our guys time, we as new yorkers are always in such a hurry, i believe with all our young guys and all this talent even if we dont make the playoffs this year we have made pretty decent strides and next year we will be on top of the atlantic from the beginnin of the season. ALso about cato, collins, and james just takin up space on the bench.. I'd like to know which NBA teams plays all 15 of its players every night... NO One exactly, there will always be players who sit on the bench and be there for back up.. why dont people understand that.. if we had 15 guys that can produce it wouldnt matter cuz we can only play 5 at a time.....
    Well said mugli. Bad mistake, I don't like him taking up room and money as much as the next fan, but at the time he was signed Isiah was looking for anyone that would make this team better and make the fans and management happy. And when he signed him, he looked good, and we were happy (don't lie, you were content). It was a failed experiment and once again the 'Bockers opened up the wallet much too wide. (I think we will see the same with Jared Jeffries, but that remains to be seen. Who does he think he is ball-handling up the court like that?) He ain't tradable, he's stuck where he is or bought out. He's a decent backup if he would come in and play solid D and not try to go to hoop with some disastrous layup attempt. I hope Isiah doesn't actually call his number, and if he does it's only to pray to the salary gods that some joker GM is gonna see him make one nice move and take over his bloated contract. Keep praying Isiah, I'll pray with you, but stop playing the BK Spoiler. It's not worth it. Maybe we could trade him for a D-leaguer and pay half his contract up front or something. (.......) Nah, we're stuck.

  14. #14
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Yeah but JJ13 is just auditioning for other teams right now... and phsycologically... after winning 23 games with a coach that never spoke as if he and his team were synonymous... it's hard to win a championship right away unless you add a new player (see the Nets when Kidd came aboard or Phoeniz post Nash)... in fact... NO TEAM IN THE NBA HAS EVER WON A CHAMIONSHIP AFTER WINNING ONLY 23 GAMES... if you subtract the listless team that played at the beginning of the year... we're above 500... chemistry is hard to build... and if we can maintain that momentum... next season we're going to be a problem (although i said that after the 04-05 season and last season)...

  15. #15
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    burger king had a good couple/few games for seattle in the playoffs, and I.T. signed him.... not knowing he would trade for curry a bit later..

    bad timing... i do not like burger king, but gotta say, for 2-3-4... sometimes for 5 min strech's he looks real good.. then he commits a couple of stupid fouls, and he is back on the pine..
    Yea but 4 that 5 minute stretch of goodness... he's fouled out already!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2006, 17:52
  2. JAMES and WADE KNICKS in 2010?!
    By NYKNICKS4LIFE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Sep 20, 2006, 14:07
  3. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04
  4. good article about the knicks
    By risingknicks20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 16, 2005, 23:50
  5. 11 Names on the Knicks Wanted List
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2004, 22:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •