Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knicks vs. Sixer Vent thread!!!!

Originally Posted by JeRSeY KiD 3
    The Golden State game was different. That was on a rest coast trip after a tough game the night before against Kobe and the Lakers. Plus Golden State runs and runs and runs and scores alot of points, so its understandable that they came out flat in the first half.

Oh, and we will never get all of that on the same night LOL. Crawford with good shot selection? HaHA

yea but golden state was playing w/out baron davis or jason richardson. they shoulda run thru the warriors the same way they shoulda run thru the sixers last nite.

its always the games they think will b n ez win that turns out ugly. a few that come to mind... miami (w/out shaq or d-wade), golden state (w/out baron or j-rich), the sixers (2wice after they traded AI), and charlotte (twice). if they would have came into thoze games with the same mentality as they do against the harder teams then our record would be 30-25. 5 games over .500 and sittin 1st place in the atlantic. if that were the case the playoffs would be a lock right now with sucha ez schedule we have for the rest of the season.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Originally Posted by BallHead
    Heres A Good Indication Of How Pathetic The Knicks Are:

Our Beloved Jereome "burger King" "big Snacks" James - Shot 50%, 2-2 At The Line, 2 Blks, 3 Rbs, 8 Pts, 1 Ast. In 13 Minutes. Whenever He Is Outplaying His Teamates Then ---"we Have A Problem, Houston"

I Smell Rotting In The Big Apple
    You know what we knick fans dont need is negativity from people like you man

Whoa... let's not be so negative... first of all... the sixers aren't a horrible team... AI, Andre Miller, Korver, Delambert... they have a nice young squad that can run and knock down shots... they are just as inconsistent as the knicks though AND they had an in-season trade that disrupted their chemistry...

second... Marbury's knees and ankles are all messed up... he admitted that he can't bring it on the second night of back to backs... and whenever he plays well... the knicks win...

simple mathematics... the knicks are a nice young team... so are the sixers... the knicks play without DLee and Steph is hurt... we get blown out... no big surprise... frustrating... but not shocking... stop panicking so much... it's not like we're an elite team yet... just watch and see...

Veteran

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    ... it's not like we're an elite team yet... just watch and see...

i agree we are not an elite team... the question is can this team as constructed contend for the title in the next year/two.. since our hands are tied (salary cap), we are left with the midcap exception, and the draft. (maybe I.T. can pull off a trade, but it will be difficult).

will this group of guys jell together to make a run??

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    You know what we knick fans dont need is negativity from people like you man
    First of all I started this tread as a "VENT" thread. This is a forum (a place for people who have like interests to communicate). If you don't have any desire to possibly read or write anything negative about the NYK then don't come to this "tread".

I like watching the NYK. So does most people who come to this forum. I don't like watching them lose, especially when I know that they could win. Its not like they were playing the Mavs, Suns, etc. It was the Sixers.

How do you think the team felt after losing that game; positive?

Secondly, nothing we post on this forum makes one bit of difference on the teams play. If I write negative or positive it will not make any impact in the teams wins/losses. The players don't read what we write, neither does IT or Dolan.

This is a forum! Thats all it will ever be. If you or I were to stop watching the NYK tomorrow no one would know or care; nor will it have any impact.

So, If you can stomach the losing and remain positive then this "VENT" thread is not for you.

But as evident in the thread itself I can see I'm not the only one who is fustrated at watching the NYK lose.

Thanks for your comments.

Originally Posted by paris401
    i agree we are not an elite team... the question is can this team as constructed contend for the title in the next year/two.. since our hands are tied (salary cap), we are left with the midcap exception, and the draft. (maybe I.T. can pull off a trade, but it will be difficult).

will this group of guys jell together to make a run??
    In a year or two... NO... we will not be serious contenders for a title... but we will be regular playoff contenders... Also... in two years... steph (22 mil), stevie (20 mil) and malik rose (10 mil) come off the books... the same time frye, nate, balkman and lee get ready to re-up...

so in two years we should be gelling and able to decide what to do with this bunch... it takes several years to build a champion... give it time...

It took Jerry West 5 years (and Phil Jackson) for Shaq and Kobe to win...
    It took Cuban 7 years to turn Dallas into a serious contender (8 if you don't think they were serious last year)
    It took the Spurs 11 years (and the drafting of Tim Duncan) to win

IT has had 4 years so far... give him some time... these guys will get it... patience...