We Need To Make A Move Now

timnakhla

Rookie
WE HAVE THE BIGGEST COLLECTION OF ROLE PLAYERS, NEW YORK NEED STARS***********For God sake; all we need is one or two more pieces and we're a contender. I do not understand Zeke, he's already exceeded last year's win total, which pretty much means that he's keeping his job, so why is he holding on to this group....I mean, let's be realistic here, this is NEW YORK and he's not going anywhere with these guys, at least not for the next three seasons. So what's his plan???? keep his job this season and lose it the next??????

We have a lot of pawns (Channing, Nate, Francis, jerome and jared) to attract top talent and much needed pieces, for starters: KG, ARTEST, RAY ALLEN, VC come to mind. You add any of these guys to our core group of Stef, Curry, lee, jamal and you get a serious contender. now is the time to make a move, the division/conference is up for grabs...let go get it

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
knicks do not need a "star" player, knicks should try to get mike miller, he having a great year and he a deadly shooter

Trin_Starr

Starter
isiah is on the Steven A show and his cell is going off nonstop
whoever is calling is blowing that phone up!!!

the 3rd time isiah picks it up - says ok ok ok bye
maybe a deal went down?

The focus for this team right now is too keep developing the young guys for the future. Bringing in a star is not a good idea.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
What we need is a star who can put the Knicks on his back and carry them. At this pont, it really don't matter what position he plays. We just need somebody.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
We have too many people who can score already. On any given night, Marbury, Crawford, Curry, Q-Rich, or Lee can drop 20 pts. We need true defensive stoppers with a touch of offense. Jeffries can't hit the wide open jumper consistently. If we play balkman and he consistently knocks down that open jumper i say he deserves minutes. But Q-Rich is doing that right now...more defense or more outside jump shooters was what we needed...not necessarily a star...

paris401

Starter
We have a lot of pawns (Channing, Nate, Francis, jerome and jared) to attract top talent and much needed pieces, for starters: KG, ARTEST, RAY ALLEN, VC come to mind. You add any of these guys to our core group of Stef, Curry, lee, jamal and you get a serious contender. now is the time to make a move, the division/conference is up for grabs...let go get it

i don't see where we have so many pawns...

frye and nate are certainly chips, BUT, since they are 2nd year players with low salaries, we would have to include other players to trade for an upper tier player..

no one wants the franchise and the 36m he is owed, and i doubt the market for jefferies and his 25m (plus 15% kicker) is any larger.. as to jerome... enough said..

i think for a trade to happen this summer , jamal or q will have tobe involved
and 'q' has had some injuries which will hurt his value...

I.T. has his work cut out...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I think we made to much moves last season we are starting to stick a little if something goes wrong then I think we can make some trades

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Thomas did the right thing by not making a move for any of these guys. Who was worth getting? Carter? Carter is finished. I don't care about his 40 points. He's inconsistent. We should not kill team chemistry for a "Star". More trades will happen over the summer but we may need to pass on that. Frye is a solid back up. We don't need to trade him right now. The guys we need to trade we can't. Guys like Cato and James should go but no one in their right minds would take them. The Knicks are exercising financial restraint which is a really good thing. Next year will be a better year than I imagined if we can get Francis to retire for medical reasons. We could save on 80% of his salary, so if my math is correct the Knicks would pay Francis 6.6 million for the next two years. The rest is insured and that is awesome. Plus Houston and Shannon Anderson come off the books. This should drop the salaries to just under 74 million. We all want the Knicks to make the play offs. Although it may not happen this season I still think we have enough talent to make the play offs next season with "minor" tweaks to the line up.

paris401

Starter
Thomas did the right thing by not making a move for any of these guys. Who was worth getting? Carter? Carter is finished. I don't care about his 40 points. He's inconsistent. We should not kill team chemistry for a "Star". More trades will happen over the summer but we may need to pass on that. Frye is a solid back up. We don't need to trade him right now. The guys we need to trade we can't. Guys like Cato and James should go but no one in their right minds would take them. The Knicks are exercising financial restraint which is a really good thing. Next year will be a better year than I imagined if we can get Francis to retire for medical reasons. We could save on 80% of his salary, so if my math is correct the Knicks would pay Francis 6.6 million for the next two years. The rest is insured and that is awesome. Plus Houston and Shannon Anderson come off the books. This should drop the salaries to just under 74 million. We all want the Knicks to make the play offs. Although it may not happen this season I still think we have enough talent to make the play offs next season with "minor" tweaks to the line up.

i agree with your assessment of carter... if he's not finished, i think he is on the downside for sure..

no one will take jerome burger king james.. as to cato, he only makes 1m, and he is in his last year... as to the franchise, if he retires, the insurance kicks-in (good for dolan)... however he is still counted on the payroll for 16m next year , 17m the following year (bad for us).. next year the knicks payroll
is 87m and thats after deducting houston,jalen,mo taylor,shannon,and the junkyard dog ... yep we even paying the dog 6.4m this year..

figure I.T. signing someone with the mid-cap of 5m, we will probably be over 90m, and the cap probably will be 57m.

even the floowing year, our payroll as it stands now is 86m.. well over the cap...

the team we see now , is the team we will have for the next 2 seasons...so i suggest we all start screaming ... lets go knicks...