Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Player?

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Nyk Logo What Player?

What player do you think that the knicks should get in the offseason that would make the biggest difference on the team?

Hmmmm... not sure if these guys are available... but I'd say:

Dsgana Diop/Sam Delambert/Kevin Garnett
    Ron Artest/Shane Battier/Gerald Wallace
    Mike Miller/Kyle Korver

This offseason is supposed to be a good one with Vince, Bibby and Gerald Wallace all out there... since KG can opt out next season... Minny might be willing to deal him as well so we'll see...

We need a defensive stopper and a shooter... so any combination of the above would work for me (assuming we don't have to sacrifice too much)...

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    Hmmmm... not sure if these guys are available... but I'd say:

Dsgana Diop/Sam Delambert/Kevin Garnett
    Ron Artest/Shane Battier/Gerald Wallace
    Mike Miller/Kyle Korver

This offseason is supposed to be a good one with Vince, Bibby and Gerald Wallace all out there... since KG can opt out next season... Minny might be willing to deal him as well so we'll see...

We need a defensive stopper and a shooter... so any combination of the above would work for me (assuming we don't have to sacrifice too much)...
    would have the same list but i'll take out gerald wallace cuz he inury prone and he cant shoot and thats not good wit curry taking up the middle and i would add steven hunter cuz he cheap

To bad the Suns dont want to get rid of Nash(What team would?) But if they did I would send them Marbury back to the Suns and a 1st and 2nd 2008 pick.

I would have to say KG. We need a big man who can not only get rebound and field goals but who can put the Knicks on his back and carry them. All Iknow is that we are full in the backcourt and Isiah better not get another guard on this team.

The kind of player we need is a guy like Josh Howard, Caron Butler, or Tayshaun Prince. All of these guys are solid all around players, who can defend, and have no problem being the second or even third option on offense. I would prefer one of these three over even Ron Artest, they bring all the same things to the table without all of the baggage.
    Of course the chances of these guys being available are slim and none, so maybe we'll have to see what the draft can do for us.....
    Last edited by LOIOSH30; Feb 25, 2007 at 13:34.

Nyk Logo

I think we should trade j crawford to the bucks fer mo williams. When jamal gets hot, he could be one of the best scorers in the nba. but when he's cold, he doesnt pass too much and takes shots that mj cant hit. I think mo williams could help this team win and get 2 the playoffs next year.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

No trades necessary. Keep Crawford for now. Keep every one for now. When the time is right, and not a moment before, Thomas will make a move. Hopefully it's a good one. If the offense goes through Curry and we start Q, Crawford, Marbury and dare I say it, David Lee, this could be a dangerous line up when it's at full health. I'd love to see Labron or Garnett but right now that's not realistic. So we go with what we've got. This can be a very high scoring team with mediocre defense.

i dont know who but somebody who can defend and shot block and somebody who has no problem watching the ball go through curry 75% of the time. minus all thebig names i would love to see gerald wallace, hes got length, despite what that other cat said about him, ( he had like 40 against the knicks), and he can defend, and he doesnt have to dominate the ball, i wouldnt mind sending a pointguard to charlotte for GW.

Veteran

Originally Posted by stephonmarbury8
    i dont know who but somebody who can defend and shot block and somebody who has no problem watching the ball go through curry 75% of the time. minus all thebig names i would love to see gerald wallace, hes got length, despite what that other cat said about him, ( he had like 40 against the knicks), and he can defend, and he doesnt have to dominate the ball, i wouldnt mind sending a pointguard to charlotte for GW.

what point guard do we have to send them??

Originally Posted by paris401
    what point guard do we have to send them??
    Francis? Nate? Mardy? Just saying.

Ron Artest....

Question Mark

Originally Posted by JeRSeY KiD 3
    Good way of pointing that out.

We actually have to much PGs. and we need to get a all around player like you guys said. I like the Bulls Small forward Luol Deng. Rebound,Shoots well,mostly does it all, and hes a young player only 21 hes turning 22 in April. What you guys think you him?
    Last edited by nyKnicks126; Feb 27, 2007 at 11:35.

Veteran

Originally Posted by JeRSeY KiD 3
    gerald wallace can opt out of his contract this summer, or stay for 6m next year. all we can do is a sign and trade...

do u think that charlotte wants stevie and the 37m owed him??? i don't...
    nate and mardy make 1.2m and 930k, so their salaries don't work.. we would have to include another player. something like a jamal or q-rich to make the trade happen...

maybe a package of nate and jamal (or qrich) would entice the hornets (??).. i don't know that much about wallace, except that he dropped a lot of point on us in his last game..

No way thats a horrible trade. Trading Q-Rich or J Crawford nate and mardy for Gerald Wallace! You realise that Gerald Wallace is that good because his on a bad,young team. I hope that you also realise that J Crawford has a higher PPG average. and Q Rich is averaging a higher Rebound per game total,and thanks to Nate Robinson he is actually getting fans into seats because of his athleticism. That trade would drop us down I dont want to see you being a GM of the knicks.