Favorite Music?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
WHats your favorite type of music what do you normally listen too? Whos your favorite Rapper? Band? etc?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
it means... nah, i really don't thing it means anything logic. the translation of the name song is Love from the lime tree.. and i really really don't want to make a fool by myself putting down the rest of the lyrics..

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Gotta go with the alternative rap because we all know that hip hop is dying out because of punch line and pure hook songs. And when you wining and dining with a dime you gotta go with something extra smooth like Mike Phillips or Wayman Tisdale. And you gotta be filled with the faith with Gospel. RIP Lisa Left Eye Lopes, Aaliyah, and J. Dilla aka the most underrated producer. But what's in my CD player right now is that new carl thomas

metrocard

Legend
Gotta go with the alternative rap because we all know that hip hop is dying out because of punch line and pure hook songs. And when you wining and dining with a dime you gotta go with something extra smooth like Mike Phillips or Wayman Tisdale. And you gotta be filled with the faith with Gospel. RIP Lisa Left Eye Lopes, Aaliyah, and J. Dilla aka the most underrated producer. But what's in my CD player right now is that new carl thomas

Hip Hop is a culture, which can never die.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I know what hip-hop is man lol...I know all about it. But as far as hip-hop is concerned I was talking about the music aspect. Not the lifestyle, mannerisms, or its other notions. Hip-Hop is very complex and simple at the same time...but I am just speaking of the music because that is what the thread is called...

metrocard

Legend
I know what hip-hop is man lol...I know all about it. But as far as hip-hop is concerned I was talking about the music aspect. Not the lifestyle, mannerisms, or its other notions. Hip-Hop is very complex and simple at the same time...but I am just speaking of the music because that is what the thread is called...

Hip Hop is Hip Hop...I think you meant to say rap, where I would agree with you. Have you seen the movie Wildstyle? Its about a Puerto Rican graffiti artist who's the hottest artist in the 80's, he's surrounded by alot of Hip Hop settings in the South Bronx. The movie displays how media had an interest in Hip Hop and how they were putting money and giving money to these poor kids to get the culture in the mainstream. One of the most classic Hip Hop films ever, let me know if you want me to send it to you.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Nah man, never heard of it...sounds like a cool movie tho. But people are saying that Hip-Hop is dying is because rap is heavily derived from hip-hop. In fact, one could say that rap is an evolved faction of hip-hop. Rap makes me sick right now. You have songs out there that just talk about ice, cars, money, grills...and stuff like that. Now there's nothing wrong with that since they are proud that they can get these things now but making it the base of your career is another story. Also, they are disrespecting women by calling them B**** and words of the like. I never called a lady that in her face or behind her back and women call each other that...which could possibly be the embers that will keep this thing burning. All in all, that is why I keep it real with J Dilla, Slum Village, A tribe called quest, Pharcyde, Frank N' Dank...because these punch line songs and whack hooks just make me sick. Hip Hop back in the day, made you think...discussed the current politics, the current wrongdoings, and whatever they knew. It made you think, it was a cerebral game, it was "real"...now it's just the opposite for the most part, everything is for the $$$...

metrocard

Legend
Nah man, never heard of it...sounds like a cool movie tho. But people are saying that Hip-Hop is dying is because rap is heavily derived from hip-hop. In fact, one could say that rap is an evolved faction of hip-hop. Rap makes me sick right now. You have songs out there that just talk about ice, cars, money, grills...and stuff like that. Now there's nothing wrong with that since they are proud that they can get these things now but making it the base of your career is another story. Also, they are disrespecting women by calling them B**** and words of the like. I never called a lady that in her face or behind her back and women call each other that...which could possibly be the embers that will keep this thing burning. All in all, that is why I keep it real with J Dilla, Slum Village, A tribe called quest, Pharcyde, Frank N' Dank...because these punch line songs and whack hooks just make me sick. Hip Hop back in the day, made you think...discussed the current politics, the current wrongdoings, and whatever they knew. It made you think, it was a cerebral game, it was "real"...now it's just the opposite for the most part, everything is for the $$$...

I feel you...you would get a laugh out of this then.

shaunx

Rookie
Dream of mirrors from iron maiden

Hey i came to hear one of the best song from Iron maiden.the name is "dream of mirrors".oh its superb and the lyrics are amazing..they had written that song to touch the senses of all..please check that if u havent....