GAME THREAD - 02/28/07 - 7:30 PM Knicks @ Celtics

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:30 PM, Wednesday, February 28th, 2007
TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA <center>
front.jpg
</center>​

<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="420"><tbody><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
TV: Viper TV TVU (channel 20324)
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am
TV STREAMING: -

</td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#003399">
knicks_logo.gif

New York Knicks: 26-32
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3099.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3609.jpg
3417.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center></center>
3279.jpg
</td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3514.jpg
</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Marbury</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jeffries</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Richardson</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>James</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Curry</center></td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
@
</td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="DarkGreen">
celtics_logo.gif

Boston Celtics: 14-42
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3841.jpg
3253.jpg
3544.jpg
3832.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><table style="width: 100%;"> <tbody> <tr class="tablesm" valign="top"> <td style="width: 75px;">
3177.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>West</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Pierce</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Scalabrine</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jefferson</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Powe</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

Stats
Knicks Team Stats
Celtics Team Stats

Game Notes
Knicks Game Notes (PDF)
Celtics Game Notes (PDF)

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Well, This game should be a breeze to us even if we dont have Crawford. The Celtics are only 5-21 at home. So we got a good chance of beating this team. The thing that might hurt us is Paul Pierce is averaging pretty high in points a game in the last 7 games. But Overall its a Knicks win. I hope.

gega

Rookie
Dude i hope your right we have a tendency to lose to crappy teams, actually we have a tendency to get blown out to crappy teams.. actually i expect to see Nate get Jamals minutes. We must win!:fire:

d2319

Benchwarmer
Hopefully we win. I think this is a "hump" game. I think becuase we all ways lose to wack teams for no reason then beat like the N.B.A. champions! L.O.L. Any way we don't have J.C. or Lee I think! :( Paul Pierce is nice though so watch out!

nyKnicks126

Yeah we are 3-1 against the NBA Champs the Heat but they also aren't in full strengh so thats not such a big accomplishment. Go Knicks Go.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
In the season series we are 1-2 so I hope we win this and tie it up. I havent forgotten the embarrassing preseason lost i saw at mohegan sun. Lets beat those celtics

jam4nick

Rookie
hi i new to the site but i a (real) knicks fan..
well we should win tonight but the knicks always come out soft to the sub par team and energy with the top dogs ...well by friday next can sit in 8th seed in the playoff if the win there next 2. boston and i think golden state.
miami and orlando are just 2 game in front of us but we have the tie series over both.maimi play wizard to night thats a loss,and friday at piston that a loss.
orlando tonite at dever loss,friday at spurs loss.
after friday we control are destiny...o yeah those damn nets....

GetRealistic

Starter
No Nate or Lee tonight going to be tough. With this team you can't take any game for granted. Hopefully Curry and Marbury keep up the intensity and pull this win out. This is a big team game.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Here we go again. One of the worst teams in the NBA and we are getting blown out. What the f*** is wrong with these guys!! 37 points at halftime!! Let me take a guess at what's going to happen. The Knicks will make a run and maybe pull it to within 5 to 9 points and then lose. That means we will have lost 3 games to the Celtics!! 3 of Celtics' 15 total wins will have come from the Knicks!! If we had won those games we would be in the eighth spot in the playoffs. Hell, if the Knicks had just beaten the teams they are supposed to (2 to the Sixers, 2 to the Bobcats, 3 to the Celtics, Golden State and so on and so on) they would be on top in the Atlantic. This is so frustrating. Maybe if the Knicks play above .500 teams all the time they would be one of the best teams in the NBA. I think it is evident that the Knicks players have serious motivational problems. You would think that a chance at making the playoffs would be enough motivation, but apparently not.

Allen

Benchwarmer
It looks more and more like the playoffs will be out of reach for the Knicks. Especially if they keep playing like this.
They win against a great team and then get blown out the next game.
This is getting very irritating.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
didn't i say this before? Stop betting on the Knicks, especially on the "easy" games!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Here we go again. One of the worst teams in the NBA and we are getting blown out. What the f*** is wrong with these guys!! 37 points at halftime!! Let me take a guess at what's going to happen. The Knicks will make a run and maybe pull it to within 5 to 9 points and then lose. That means we will have lost 3 games to the Celtics!! 3 of Celtics' 15 total wins will have come from the Knicks!! If we had won those games we would be in the eighth spot in the playoffs. Hell, if the Knicks had just beaten the teams they are supposed to (2 to the Sixers, 2 to the Bobcats, 3 to the Celtics, Golden State and so on and so on) they would be on top in the Atlantic. This is so frustrating. Maybe if the Knicks play above .500 teams all the time they would be one of the best teams in the NBA. I think it is evident that the Knicks players have serious motivational problems. You would think that a chance at making the playoffs would be enough motivation, but apparently not.

Actually if we had won the games we were supposed to (including Atlanta) we would be 35-24 and in second place in the east. That's depressing.

paris401

Starter
Actually if we had won the games we were supposed to (including Atlanta) we would be 35-24 and in second place in the east. That's depressing.

do u mean that we play some games that are givens???

if so we should not even show up, just put the " W " in the column and move on...

face it... the knicks sux... and even more depressing is that the team we have... is the team that we will be putting on the floor next year, and the year after save for whoever I.T. signs for the mid-cap, and our draft choices...

if we are tobe contenders, this roster will have will have to pull it off.. i'll sign off now, as i am depressing myself and i am sure others on this site...

nyKnicks126

Well we were down by as many of 23 and we came back to be winning by 2 points with 9 minutes left in the 4th period. Why didn't Robinson and Lee play yet? I know Lee is injuried a little but whats with Nate? This lose was very disappointing.