Dice back Friday (Yeah right)

SpreeFan

Benchwarmer
NYPOST:
NY Post said:
With just two Knick practices in the next six days, Friday's road game in Detroit appears the earliest Antonio McDyess could finally suit up.

The Knicks' next practice is not until Tuesday, so he's expected to miss the next three contests, including tonight vs. Indiana; Boston on Monday; and the Lakers on Wednesday.

McDyess has yet to participate in a true scrimmage. The two scrimmages he's participated in were "controlled," with coach Don Chaney blowing the whistle after every couple possessions.

"That is a huge difference," Chaney said. "He needs to go up and down continuously for five, seven minutes. We're not setting a limit on the number of practices. I wish I could say one more practice. I don't know."

McDyess said he'll need "definitely more than one" true scrimmage before playing.

"It's a big difference, conditioning-wise," McDyess said.

Chaney, trying to wake point guard Howard Eisley out of his six-week funk, moved him into the starting lineup over Charlie Ward last night, and Eisley played better, scoring nine points with six assists.

"Howard's struggling," Chaney said. "We're tying to give him a lift and give him his confidence back."

There was a Clarence Weatherspoon sighting. Weatherspoon, coming off three straight DNPs, played 10 energetic minutes, providing a driving early-fourth-quarter dunk. Chaney still played all 12 men, unable to figure out his rotation yet.

Don't think. Just do. And Zoran Planinic finally did last night.

After being told by Net coach Byron Scott that he was thinking instead of reacting too much on the court, Planinic, the Nets' rookie, went full throttle and delivered nine points - but more important, 15 minutes that provided vital rest for Jason Kidd.

Scott and Kidd hashed out the matter of Kidd's playing time, and both agree they must rest the All-Star point. He averaged 41.4 minutes in the first eight games, played 36 last night.

"The way he plays, he'll be dead by December," Scott said. "I want Jason to play like Jason, and he's not used to trying to relax. It's not his nature. He goes 110 percent for 41 minutes."

The Nets are on the verge of getting whole. Rodney Rogers (lacerated thumb) is eligible to come off the injury list after tonight's game in Atlanta. Last night, he missed his ninth game overall and his mandatory fifth since he went on the IL.

Lucious Harris (back) said "hopefully in about a week I should be back."

http://nypost.com/sports/knicks/42775.htm

i wouldn't pay to much of attention to these guys... just bash talking