Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Isiah Thomas gets an extension

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Interesting! It seems that every one approves of this extension of Coach/GM Thomas. There was once a name for those that approved of Isiah Thomas. I think it was something like Isiahsexuals or some corny **** like that. This was a well deserved move. Considering that this team was a train wreck last season to # 8 seed now. The play offs are actually a realistic goal! I'm excited about this year but even more so about next year. Keep in mind that the Twolves aint going to make the playoffs once again. Makes me wander what the Net will do.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Dont you guys think that Dolan signed Isiah a little to quickly? I do. But like I said before it isn't a bad move.

He really deserve it. The Knicks has been playing at their very best. One thing that I'm impressed with about him this season, is that he hasn't made any trades this season. He is all about working with the players he got now instead of adding and trading players.

Isiah earned this extension and deserves it. I'm glad Dolan realizes this. He has turned this franchise around, and he believes in his players, and therefore they believe in themselves now, and they respect their coach, so they will go out there and do their best. It's hard taking over after Larry Crackhead Brown's nightmare coaching season. But Isiah took over and clicked with these players and gave them a chance, because he saw the potential in them, and he has faith in this team. To all the morons (you know who you are) that just come here to bash Isiah and his players, I'm just laughing at your ignorant comments and soon I will be laughing some more when the Knicks make it to the playoffs and make all the haters eat their stupid words. Let's make this place a place for REAL Knicks fans, not dumbass haters who spew ignorance on this site. If you don't really like the Knicks, then don't come here pretending to be a loyal fan, go root for the Raptors or Heat or something, or better yet help yourself onto the Mavs or Suns bandwagons. Watch Isiah and all our players take this Knicks team to glory, come on LET'S GO KNICKS!!!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by JC11_EC34
    Isiah earned this extension and deserves it. I'm glad Dolan realizes this. He has turned this franchise around, and he believes in his players, and therefore they believe in themselves now, and they respect their coach, so they will go out there and do their best. It's hard taking over after Larry Crackhead Brown's nightmare coaching season. But Isiah took over and clicked with these players and gave them a chance, because he saw the potential in them, and he has faith in this team. To all the morons (you know who you are) that just come here to bash Isiah and his players, I'm just laughing at your ignorant comments and soon I will be laughing some more when the Knicks make it to the playoffs and make all the haters eat their stupid words. Let's make this place a place for REAL Knicks fans, not dumbass haters who spew ignorance on this site. If you don't really like the Knicks, then don't come here pretending to be a loyal fan, go root for the Raptors or Heat or something, or better yet help yourself onto the Mavs or Suns bandwagons. Watch Isiah and all our players take this Knicks team to glory, come on LET'S GO KNICKS!!!

You repeat yourself in every post, its comical and not even worth putting any thought in your post.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    You repeat yourself in every post, its comical and not even worth putting any thought in your post.
    Haven't you realized already that you are the one who repeats the same ignorant **** in every post?! All of your stupid posts look identical to me, you're always being a f-ing hater and bashing Thomas, Curry, Crawford, and the rest of Knicks organization, not to mention how you constantly bash other people on this forum. Don't you ever have anything positive to say? I guess you just enjoy being a dumbass, because you have nothing better to do with your pathetic existence. Man, you really are an *******. I ain't gonna waste my time dealing with a little bitch like you. I thought I could come here to talk about the Knicks and support the team I love, but instead, morons like you ruin it all and make the forum a hell. So from now, I'm ignoring you. I'm just going to scroll right past your ignorant insulting posts, and read the stuff that actually has meaning. Rot in hell, and I hope you get banned.
    Last edited by JC11_EC34; Mar 18, 2007 at 21:34.

Veteran

Originally Posted by JC11_EC34
    Haven't you realized already that you are the one who repeats the same ignorant **** in every post?! All of your stupid posts look identical to me, you're always being a f-ing hater and bashing Thomas, Curry, Crawford, and the rest of Knicks organization, not to mention how you constantly bash other people on this forum. Don't you ever have anything positive to say? I guess you just enjoy being a dumbass, because you have nothing better to do with your pathetic existence. Man, you really are an *******. I ain't gonna waste my time dealing with a little bitch like you. I thought I could come here to talk about the Knicks and support the team I love, but instead, morons like you ruin it all and make the forum a hell. So from now, I'm ignoring you. I'm just going to scroll right past your ignorant insulting posts, and read the stuff that actually has meaning. Rot in hell, and I hope you get banned.
    i don't know metrocard... read some of his posts.. some i agree with, some not, but why u bashing the guy... calling him an *******, rot in hell/etc...

ain't it possible to disagree with someone, without resorting to name-calling??

Originally Posted by paris401
    i don't know metrocard... read some of his posts.. some i agree with, some not, but why u bashing the guy... calling him an *******, rot in hell/etc...

Nah, i dont think so, theres too many uptight babies patrolling these boards. its sad really, and totally counter productive to the objective of the site... i think we need to start seeing people get banned.

Ok, sorry I lost my temper, but I just got upset by that guy's constant negative and bashing posts. He comes on here only to diss the team and insult other users on here too, there are a number of people here who have had problems with him. I'll just ignore him like I said, so I won't lose my temper at every stupid thing some hater says. Peace out.

Join the club lol...and you're right...you aren't the only one....

12th man

Kids here can't take the loses too well. They have an emotional outburst and just type essays of depression against me. Its really boring if you ask me. Absolutely no basketball insight, no logical background information on their agruement. These group of guys who are trolling the forum are really making Knick fans look bad.

I encourage everyone to disagree and have different options. But I don't encourage people here acting immature and childish. "Rot in hell". I must of destroyed this kid emotional for him to say something like that.

Instead of crying and making oneself look so immature, how about defend the agruement ...and say what you agree and disagree with.

In my post, I've stated what I've agreed and disagree with. These guys are not reasonable and just want to agrue, instead of debate.

Me? I'm an upset Knick fan. I don't like the direction ths team is going, and I have a right to voice my opinion about it. But at the same time, I like the pieces we have with Marbury, Balkman, Lee, Collins, and Richardson. I want playoffs, and a good off season and more progression for the franchise, not only the team roster. We need a better owner, a reliable GM, a coach like Avery Johnson who indicates how important position defense is. This is what I HOPE FOR, as a fan of the Knicks.

The agruing, deaththreats, bitching is not healthy for the forum, hopefully something gets done.
    Last edited by metrocard; Mar 20, 2007 at 22:28.

That money could have been better spent giving it to those that really needed it, the FANS. Isiah did not deserve that extension so quickly. It's not that he got one, just got it too early IMO. This team was beyond terrible when LB was coach, and with the more wins Isiah has now it just looks better. Let me say that again, looks better...purely cosmetic...yes they are playing harder as a result because yes I think the players better respond to Isiah. But of course that is easier when the guy whom hired you seems something in you. So it would have been abnormal for them not to play for Isiah.

However this is a badly put together team. There is no real defense played by this team, and they do not show up every single night to play hard.

Yes Isiah did walk into a **** storm, but he has made quite a few messes of his own since he has arrived in New York.

Example, getting Q Rich...
    Eddy Curry trade giving up two 1st rd draft picks
    Letting Allan Houston remain on the payroll when you could have cut him and save some money
    Steve Francis not the Franchise

Can some1 explain to me what Isiah was thinking tonight at the Portland game?

12th man

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    That money could have been better spent giving it to those that really needed it, the FANS. Isiah did not deserve that extension so quickly. It's not that he got one, just got it too early IMO. This team was beyond terrible when LB was coach, and with the more wins Isiah has now it just looks better. Let me say that again, looks better...purely cosmetic...yes they are playing harder as a result because yes I think the players better respond to Isiah. But of course that is easier when the guy whom hired you seems something in you. So it would have been abnormal for them not to play for Isiah.

However this is a badly put together team. There is no real defense played by this team, and they do not show up every single night to play hard.

Yes Isiah did walk into a **** storm, but he has made quite a few messes of his own since he has arrived in New York.

Example, getting Q Rich...
    Eddy Curry trade giving up two 1st rd draft picks
    Letting Allan Houston remain on the payroll when you could have cut him and save some money
    Steve Francis not the Franchise
    Well said. When Isiah fails, the Isiahsexuals disappear.

MSG, I guess Isiah WASN'T THINKING at the Portland game.

12th man

One and five. Great timing Dolan.