Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Knicks wanting Ray Allen?

  1. #1
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Rumor Knicks wanting Ray Allen?

    More and more rumors are coming out of a possible trade involving Seattle and New York again. First it was Lewis now Ray Allen. Well this is the trade that Isiah wants to do next with his extented contract he made. The trade probably will be done in the offseason involving Knicks Nate Robinson,Channing Frye, Jared Jeffries, James, and a High draft pick. Oh no the knicks might have just done it again.The Knicks dont need another SG. I think the Knicks should stick with what they got now.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    More and more rumors are coming out of a possible trade involving Seattle and New York again. First it was Lewis now Ray Allen. Well this is the trade that Isiah wants to do next with his extented contract he made. The trade probably will be done in the offseason involving Knicks Nate Robinson,Channing Frye, Jared Jeffries, James, and a High draft pick. Oh no the knicks might have just done it again.The Knicks dont need another SG. I think the Knicks should stick with what they got now.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    i like allen.. don't know how he fits in, but a pretty good player... but doubt seattle wants burger king james back... and jefferies... doubt u can give him away, so we would have to include another large contract to make the trade work... who mite that be???

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    where would crawford fit in? i dont know if this trade would be possible but we wouldnt be giving up much to get a great player like allen. theres no room for nate in a healthy rotation and channing seems to soft for the nba. i love the team we have now but adding a player like ray allen would make us ligit contenders for the division and a little run in the playoffs next year.

  4. #4
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yeah, but also were would Steve Francis fit into this? I know that the Isiah wants the best for the team but Ray Allen is getting old and instead of getting him, the knicks should get a SF like Luol Deng or a guard like Monta Ellis. They are both young and full with potential.

    Do you guys like Mikki Moore?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by naterob4
    where would crawford fit in? i dont know if this trade would be possible but we wouldnt be giving up much to get a great player like allen. theres no room for nate in a healthy rotation and channing seems to soft for the nba. i love the team we have now but adding a player like ray allen would make us ligit contenders for the division and a little run in the playoffs next year.
    Crawford would come off the bench like Isiah originally wants him to!

  6. #6
    Member brooklyn_baller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    More and more rumors are coming out of a possible trade involving Seattle and New York again. First it was Lewis now Ray Allen. Well this is the trade that Isiah wants to do next with his extented contract he made. The trade probably will be done in the offseason involving Knicks Nate Robinson,Channing Frye, Jared Jeffries, James, and a High draft pick. Oh no the knicks might have just done it again.The Knicks dont need another SG. I think the Knicks should stick with what they got now.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    We really don't need a SG, any guard for that matter. Our backcourt is way to full.

  7. #7
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I would gladly accept Ray Allen if we dump Francis, Crawford and Robinson in the process.
    Last edited by metrocard; Mar 13, 2007 at 23:47.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i hate miki moore and pretty much every other net i hope we can finally get past them this year

  9. #9
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I think Ray Allen, as good as he is, is not the answer for the Knicks! The Knicks need 2-3 pieces to really put this team over the top.
    1) They need a perimeter defender
    2) They need a low post force. David Lee is a great rebounder but he does get pushed around. So the Knicks need a strong opposing force in the paint.
    3) The need a pure PG. Steph can score but he can't lead a team, so a true QB is what is needed to run the floor.

  10. #10
    Member Pedro De Pacas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I think Ray Allen, as good as he is, is not the answer for the Knicks! The Knicks need 2-3 pieces to really put this team over the top.
    1) They need a perimeter defender
    2) They need a low post force. David Lee is a great rebounder but he does get pushed around. So the Knicks need a strong opposing force in the paint.
    3) The need a pure PG. Steph can score but he can't lead a team, so a true QB is what is needed to run the floor.

    4) a reliable 3-point-shooter, because Q and Jamal are both streaky shooters which hurts us on their off-nights.

    ...but I'd rather prefer a guy like Battier or A. Harrington over Allen.

  11. #11
    Member LOIOSH30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I said this a couple of weeks ago in another thread, but I really think the Knicks need someone in the mold of a Tayshaun Price, Josh Howard, or Caron Butler....These guys are all unselfish, low maintenance players, who are willing to play defense, and have the ability to be a dependable second or third option on offense. I think other options might be Rashard Lewis or possibly Gerald Wallace, but neither of them play a lot of defense. Luol Deng, or even Richard Jefferson would also work, but I think they're both pretty untouchable.......

  12. #12
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I think Ray Allen, as good as he is, is not the answer for the Knicks! The Knicks need 2-3 pieces to really put this team over the top.
    1) They need a perimeter defender
    2) They need a low post force. David Lee is a great rebounder but he does get pushed around. So the Knicks need a strong opposing force in the paint.
    3) The need a pure PG. Steph can score but he can't lead a team, so a true QB is what is needed to run the floor.
    Glad to see you post again homer, and I see where you're coming from.


    But Ray Ray is one of the best SG's in the NBA, and if we can acquire him, we would totally upgrade offensively. Steph and Ray would be a perfect back court. Steph hasn't had a guy who can shoot like Ray since Houston, and when Steph and Allan were on the same roster...Allan was mostly injured. Marbury is a half court PG, his penatration can open alot of opportunities for Allan.

    I don't see why Seattle is going to deal Ray Allen, they need a legit big man, and Channing Frye is the opposite of that. But if Seattle accepts, I would have no problem if Isiah pulled the trigger.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    the problem with rayray for frye is $$$$... we would have to include another player/s ... and i doubt we have anyone else that seattle wants...

    maybe they want burger king james back... fat chance...

  14. #14
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You know that Seattle once had J James, I doubt they want him again.

  15. #15
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    The #1 thing the knicks need is a shot blocker. We use to have a couple of them named dikembe mutumbo and marcus camby. I wouldnt mind havin camby back buthes not gonna wanna come off the bench and back up curry. We just need a big guy who if nothing else blocks shots. I dont care if he cant score. Curry and frye play no defense down low. Lee is a good defendeer, but not a shot blocker. Maybe theo ratliff will be available in the off season.

Similar Threads

  1. the PO
    By 6thman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2012, 20:10
  2. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04
  3. Knicks have to do sumthing wit allen
    By JJtheKnick in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: May 22, 2004, 12:15
  4. Possible New York Knicks Offseason Ideas....
    By frankwilliams in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 10, 2004, 17:18
  5. 11 Names on the Knicks Wanted List
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2004, 22:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •