GAME THREAD - 03/02/07 - 7:00 PM Knicks @ Raptors

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:00 PM, Friday, March 14th, 2007
Canada Air Center, Toronto, ON <center>
acc.jpg
</center>​

<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="420"><tbody><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am
TV STREAMING: -

</td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#003399">
knicks_logo.gif

New York Knicks: 29-34
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3099.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3325.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center></center>
3609.jpg
</td><td align="center" width="90"><center></center>
3134.jpg
</td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3514.jpg
</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Marbury</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Francis</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jeffries</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Rose</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Curry</center></td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
@
</td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#ce0f41">
raptors_logo.gif

Toronto Raptors: 35-29
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3711.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3171.jpg

4196.jpg
3707.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><table style="width: 100%;"> <tbody> <tr class="tablesm" valign="top"> <td style="width: 75px;">
3260.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Ford</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Parker</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Garbajosa</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Bosh</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Nesterovic</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

Stats
Knicks Team Stats
Raptors Team Stats

Game Notes
Knicks Game Notes (PDF)
Raptors Game Notes (PDF)

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Oh, The raptors, since we had off days from Saturday to practice and learn a game plan I think its going to be a close game at Toronto. I think the Raptors are 22-9 at home this season.

metrocard

Legend
Thanks for the game preview Rady, once again.

I hate the Raptors and their mindless fanbase. I want this win really bad.

Raptors don't have much of a defense. I just hope Marbury penatrates non stop.

Ewww, why is Rose starting?

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
With out D-Lee, and with Malik starting, I can see the Knicks having trouble with the combination of speed and size Toronto has....Curry is gonna get smothered by all those big bodies......

d2319

Benchwarmer
Starbury

He has helped us a lot this year and really a lot during the second half of the season. I see us being in the 7th spotr by the end of this game and winning it! Indian is so far losing! :)

metrocard

Legend
We'll never be a .500 team with if we depend on Curry this much. Don't even ask me why a turnover machine chucker like Francis gets more minutes than Collins.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
the knicks always have so much turnovers cause of eddy curry. either an offensive foul, or curry cant pass out of the double, or the knicks try to force it to him so thats like 7-10 turnovers that has something to with eddy. They need to start benching him when he is doing bad, he is nothing with out crawford

metrocard

Legend
the knicks always have so much turnovers cause of eddy curry. either an offensive foul, or curry cant pass out of the double, or the knicks try to force it to him so thats like 7-10 turnovers that has something to with eddy. They need to start benching him when he is doing bad, he is nothing with out crawford

You've seen the light my son.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Blame this loss on Francis and Curry...
But at least Francis is man enough to say that he f#cked up with his 7 TO's

Curry on the other hand is pissing me off - this dude is complaining he didn't get enough touches - well he would have if his dumb ass could hold on to the damn ball and not turn it over 6 times - plus make ur free throws and stay up on ur friggin' man when u know he can shoot 3's

damn - this dude's head is gassed up with all this allstar talk! - if he wants to win - it's not about the number of touches u get but expand the other facets of ur game - play some D and man the paint.

on the other hand - did you guys see steph? that dude is playing his heart out man....playing hard on D, running out to contest shots even when the other knick assigned to that open man just stays there watching the man shoot an open 3...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I completely agree...Curry has his role all wrong. He's supposed to be a force inside. As a force defensively and offensively. More so defensively since we have about 5 guys on this team that can drop 20 on any given night. And yea Steph is the man...there's no other way putting it...I never doubted him for a second...

paris401

Starter
some nites curry will hit for 25, others maybe 10 or 15.... BUT... everynite he needs to be a presence... getting rebounds, blocking and being intimidating on "D"... he certainly has progressed this year, but needs to do more...

Trin_Starr

Starter
he just doesn't seem to get it that yes you can score an easy 2pts with his 60% FG but allowing Ford to sail in a layup quickly brings us right back to square 1

There are so many times and in last night's game in particular where he just stands around and watches the opposing guard drive by for an easy layup...damn at least try to wack the dude - next time he'll have 2nd thoughts about driving in...

but i guess it's isiah's job to get him to understand that - and Curry must have a very low IQ cause during the commentary, clyde was saying that in the morning practice, they were simulating drills where Curry would have to go out to guard the opposing center at the 3pt line - and what did we see during the game??? - the absolute opposite - so much for teaching this guy how to defend!
lol

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Great first half. terrible second half. Oh well, Another 7 Turnover game for Francis that hurt us a lot. The Raptors had a good game yesterday.

paris401

Starter
the raptors are playing better and better as the year goes on... and it still mite not be enough for sam mitchell to keep his job...