Quick Question

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I would like to ask a question to you guys?

Why aren't we in 8th place when we are tied up against Indiana and they have a 10 game loosing streak and we have a 1 game winning streak, I am a Basketball fan for all these years and I dont get that. So if we would be tied up for 8th with Indiana 40-42 at the end of the season who goes on to the playoffs then?

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Indiana owns the tie breaker over the Knicks because they have the better record against us this year.....if we finish the same they get in, and we don't.

nyKnicks126

Oh thanks man, I dont think its really fair. dont you think? OH But if we get tied up 2-2 with the Nets and they have 41-41 record and so do we then what?

Last edited:

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I don't remember.....but I think it has something to do with comparing records against either the division (we'd be screwed!), or against the conference(probably still be screwed...).

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
if there's a tie... the tiebreaker system goes...

head to head record... if they split the season series its...
record within the division... if they have the same its...
record against conference foes...

i think it goes non conference... then like home/road wins... they always start showing it around april... check sports center after march madness...

nyKnicks126

Great explanation I get it now. I feel stupid being a NBA fan for 16+ years and I dont know how that goes.