Balkman

Hey I am a South Carolina fan and ever sense you guys drafted balkman i have followed the knicks closely and i am hoping the knicks will make the playoffs this year. I was just wondering what you guys thought about balkman and his play this year.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I love the way he plays. He is going to be a great defender in the league for a long time. He's very quick and athletic which allows him to block shots and come up with steals. His offense needs work but i think he'lll improve his jumpshot in the offseason. He already knows how to attack the basket and has had a lot of nice dunks this year. I've compared his to scottie pippen before. Some might agree with me and some might say im way too high on him. We'll find out as more people respond, I'm curious to see if others like him as musch as i do. I've also predicted that if he gets the minutes next year, he'll break out the way david lee did this year. I gotta just add one more thing, he is a very good rebounder. The guy is all over the place on the court and i would be very upset if he got traded. We appreciate your support of the knicks and i am obviously also hopin we make the playoffs but it will be difficult because of the injuries to lee and crawford. I dont know how much q rich will play either so the knicks are hurtin right now. 2 games comin up against dallas........not good

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I think Balkman has great potential... and being that he hustles on D...that gets you far in the eyes of Knick fans..I think that once he developes better offense he can be that X factor for the Knicks like Marion is for the Sun.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Well he is a great overall player. I like his hustle and he can be a great defensive player at times too. I expect him to play a lot of minutes next season. The same thing happened to David Lee last year he didn't play that much but this year he is playing a lot. But his injuried

Heres some highlights of his career in SC and NY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsZ4eYxpkNI

watching balkman for three years at south carolina was amazing. he brings so much energy into the game and you cant help but like his personality. A lot of people thought he got drafted way too high, maybe he did but he is still a great player that should have been drafted in the first round and defenitly my favorite player in the nba. i just wish i could see him play more i have only gotten to watch the knicks play twice this year when they played the bobcats but the knicks are defenitly my second favorite team now because of him.

nyKnicks126

So you like the Bobcats? They are a great team. Young team too. I been to Charlotte in November to look for houses and I went to a Bobcats vs. Heat game there. The Bobcats lost.

yeah i like the bobcats, i live in the area. bobcats are a good team to watch we aren't doing so hot right now because of injuries to okafor, may, and brezec but they are a fun team to watch plus you can scalp tickets for the game for ten bucks so i go to a ton of games

nyKnicks126

Thanks for telling me, my parents and I were looking at houses near Charlotte and the Mecklenburg School Districts, and I wanted to go to a Bobcat game badly, I got the tickets in there box office for like 50 dollars. So you are sayin I can get them at 10? cool. But I love Knicks games more I get in the game quickly cause I am a 100% knicks fan

well you would have to sit in the upper deck and you have to work the scalpers a little but yeah you can get in for like 10 bucks, unless like its a bobble head give away night or a really big super star is playing like kobe, d wade, or lebron

i'm in college in the area but i am originally from the upstate of south carolina like 1 1/2 hours away but charlotte is a great city. i have a friend that lived in the southern part of charlotte near pineville, nc and its really nice over there. believe it or not there are some bad parts of town so if you are moving you might want to look into that

nyKnicks126

Yeah I know Northwest of Charlotte is bad you get shot up there in Wilkinson BLVD. Thanks for the info man. You live in Greenville South Carolina? our in that area?

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Bobcats got a good team and i expect them to finally show it next season. The Bobcats, hawks, celtics, and 76ers will all be on the rise next season. Its gonna be a battle next year for every team.

nyKnicks126

Cool man thats a nice area. Anyway Ronaldo Balkman will be a future face of the knicks but Isiah has to find more room for him, because I think he deserves a lot more minutes dont you think? Balkman was a Jr. in College maybe he needed that final 1 yr to make a greater difference in his skill? He was a Jr. Right?

Last edited:
yeah he was a junior but i doubt he could have been drafted any higher than he was so it was probably the right decision for him but we defenitly could have used him this year (south carolina didnt even make it to the NIT).

nyKnicks126

Did you watch the knicks game against Toronto? the HD play of the game was the great hustle of Balkman getting 2 offensive rebounds and making the basket. He played well against Toronto Today. Balkman 15 pts and 12 reb. Great game for him. Good timing for this thread man.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
renaldo took over the game today vs. toronto. he killed the third quarter with his hustle and changed the game when he came in for eddy early. if he just keeps doin what hes doin he will be loved in new york and will fit in great.

metrocard

Legend
renaldo took over the game today vs. toronto. he killed the third quarter with his hustle and changed the game when he came in for eddy early. if he just keeps doin what hes doin he will be loved in new york and will fit in great.

Take over the game defensively is what great players do. A great defense is a good offense. We forced turnovers and limited turnovers thanks to Balkman playing team ball and making the game easier for his teammates. We need more of Renaldo and less of Chubby.