trade curry yes/no

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
and for who if yes

I really want to know if any wants to trade curry, as he seems to have such a large fan base on this blog.

Ive been sayng all along I want to trade him, and maybe it proved to you tonight that we can win with out him, against a good opposition team as well.

I really think that when curry is on, not much will happen with him than him scoring in the paint. He wont dish the block out, and on defence or shall we say lack of defence i dont see him do alot which is a big problem.

I don't know who I would trade curry for, i know who I want but I just dont think orlando will give Dhoward for him, and with the curry trade i beleive we could get rid of francis, but orlando would definetely say no if this were the case.

I think a trade for okafor or even jefferson (look at his numbers before you shut me down). What do u think.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Way to early to talk about trading Curry. Despite this string of bad games, this is Curry's best season to date as a Knick. Some may say that's not saying much but it does show improvement. Knicks guards are unreliable and they always have been. I like Marbury. I think he's underrated and bashed by the media for years but I don't want him is a #1 scoring option. This means we need Curry to be the first option.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i know ive seen a few people suggest trading curry. i dont kno how u ccan consider that with the improvement he's shown this season. dont get me wrong the guy has flaws just like dam near everyone else on this team. we all know his defense is weak, we all know he has trouble passing out of a double team. Mark Aguirre is working on curry and in time he will pick up those pieces his game is missing. i dunno how u could wanna trade our most improved player other then lee. unless it involved bringin in a kg.. that i might not be able to turn down

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
For the sake of argument and discussion, say you do trade Curry. Who do you bring in that's better? Eddy Curry averages 3.5 T.O. (Turnovers a Game). Okay, so how many other 24 Yr. Olds does anyone one else on this site know who have been asked to lead The Knicks franchise? How many of those guys have upped the scoring by 6 points per game (PPG)? Or upped their rebounding by 2 (RPG)? Eddy Curry has so far this year started to take the challenge of leading this Knicks team. He has a great support group in Isiah Thomas, Mark Aguirre, and Herb Williams. I think trading him would be foolish, but watch this, and decide for yourself.

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.p...07.asx&video=blank&tab=tntchannel&nbasite=nba

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I think we need to wait with a trade involving Eddy Curry. Because he isn't at his best without Jamal Crawford. But if he struggles when Crawford returns I would trade Curry for Okur.

JC11_EC34

Rookie
No, Curry definitely should not and will not be traded. He's the future of this team, and he will become a franchise player. He's just been having some bad games because it's hard for him without Crawford playing with him. I really believe in Eddy Curry, and I'm sick and tired of all the bashing and dissing he gets. Give him a break, he's young, and hasn't reached his prime yet. Eddy reminds me of the smart kid in school that got failing grades because he just never did his homework. That's what I see in Eddy Curry. The talent is there, the potential is there, and Isiah sees that, Curry's teammates see it also, it's just that Eddy himself doesn't see it yet perhaps, and therefore isn't fully applying himself. It's probably because he's young. As long as Eddy is guided in the right direction and coached the right way, he will eventually improve other aspects of his game besides scoring in the post. Curry will be a Knick for a long time.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
okur doesnt demand a double team nearly as much as curry does. once eddy figures out how to pass out of the double team, maybe make sum free throws, and become a dominant presence on the defensive end were lookin @ the most talented big man in the east. shaq is 35 n gettin older. curry is 24 n getting better. give it some dam time

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Again...the simple minded hypocritical knick fan who wants to put the guy in the hall of fame in his productive months and trade when he's doing bad and we're talking about a span of 1 year...I don't get it. Oh yea...I'm saying no...By the way that interview with John Thompson proved the mindset of Eddy Curry. Big ups to the great John Thompson...one of the greatest coaches of all-time

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Mehmet Okur averages the same number of RPG as Eddy Curry. Here are their stats side by side:

Eddy Curry Mehmet Okur
PPG 19.2 PPG 18.4
RPG 7.1 RPG 7.4
APG .9 APG 2.1
SPG .43 SPG .50
BPG .54 BPG .47
FG% .579 FG% .464
FT% .604 FT% .786
3P% .000 3P% .391
MPG 35.1 MPG 33.9

So nyKnicks126 no Okur isn't better than Curry. Stats don't lie. Plus, Curry is 4 Years younger. If Curry had a PF like Carlos Boozer he have elevated stats too. All Star caliber teammates have a tendancy to make the game easier. Plus a true center isn't supposed to be on the perimeter chucking up 3's. That's what your 1,2, and 3 (PG, SG, and SF) positions on a team are for.

Last edited:

Allen

Benchwarmer
If the right offer came along, I would consider trading Curry.

Curry is a great talent, no question. However, we shouldn't annoint him the best center in east, not when Dwight Howard and Al Jefferson are on his heels. Bear in mind as well that if an eastern conference team lands Greg Oden, he may very well leap frog Curry as the best center in the east.
Just something to think about.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think Al Jefferson is going to get better than him.
For Curry to stop that he needs to play MUCH better Defense with a little effort.
The fat f#ck is so lazy - he can be a real defensive beast with his size and athleticism...but until Isiah demands him to play D and benches him like he did Marbury, Jefferies, Nate etc. for lack of it - he will not want to get better at it...

However, I wouldn't trade him. With Agguire as a coach, I am sure he can work wonders with Curry in the offseason, learning positioning, better passing out of the double teams, better floor spacing and understanding how to block out and rebound.

He is still young and can be great - if only he pushes himself to want that.

i dont kno... the moment i say that i want to trade eddy, he get 25 points and 10 rebounds...but when i say i say that he is untradeable, he gets like 9 points and 2 rebs. but i do think that he is extremely overweight and only plays hard when he wants to. i agree that he needs a pf like boozer to help bail him out sometimes, so if the knicks were to make a big trade, i think that they wouldn't trade curry, they would probably trade channing or jefferies to help curry, then just force curry to loose weight somehow in the offseason.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
How does Greg Oden potentially become the best center in the East? Sure it's one thing to dominate college kids, but in the NBA, these are men. Faster, stronger, and far more savvy. Oden hasn't really developed an offensive game any real footwork that I've seen. He watched his team play O.T. from the bench cause he fouled out his last game. So, though Oden may ultimately be a good player, even a great one, he still has a way to go before he surpasses Eddy Curry.

Dwight Howard is a PF, he and Curry do not play the same Position. He occasionally plays center in rotation, but he's not a true center. Allen Iverson and Dwayne Wade lead the NBA in T.O.'s (4.2). That is mainly because they handle the ball alot. That's why Eddy Curry went from 2.2 T.O. as a career average to now 3.4 in one season. He is the focal point on offense. There a learning curve to being "the man" on offense. Curry himself readily admits that he needs to be better rebounder. He's trying to improve. If everyone cheered Curry and spent more time sending out positive vibes it would be amazing. A bad game doesn't define a career. Think about it.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Again...the simple minded hypocritical knick fan who wants to put the guy in the hall of fame in his productive months and trade when he's doing bad and we're talking about a span of 1 year...I don't get it. Oh yea...I'm saying no...By the way that interview with John Thompson proved the mindset of Eddy Curry. Big ups to the great John Thompson...one of the greatest coaches of all-time

simple minded ive been saying trade him all along. I dont like him in this side he is ranked 55th in blocks playing 35 mins a game.

He is young, and so big. He has potential i just know what you think enough with the bashing

commonse

Benchwarmer
An idiot started this topic! No way to trade Curry, he is a future dominant center of the league! He's young and every year he is getting better!
Compare to Okur? :DDD - Lol, shame..