Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: trade curry yes/no

I think Al Jefferson is going to get better than him.
    For Curry to stop that he needs to play MUCH better Defense with a little effort.
    The fat f#ck is so lazy - he can be a real defensive beast with his size and athleticism...but until Isiah demands him to play D and benches him like he did Marbury, Jefferies, Nate etc. for lack of it - he will not want to get better at it...

However, I wouldn't trade him. With Agguire as a coach, I am sure he can work wonders with Curry in the offseason, learning positioning, better passing out of the double teams, better floor spacing and understanding how to block out and rebound.

He is still young and can be great - if only he pushes himself to want that.

i dont kno... the moment i say that i want to trade eddy, he get 25 points and 10 rebounds...but when i say i say that he is untradeable, he gets like 9 points and 2 rebs. but i do think that he is extremely overweight and only plays hard when he wants to. i agree that he needs a pf like boozer to help bail him out sometimes, so if the knicks were to make a big trade, i think that they wouldn't trade curry, they would probably trade channing or jefferies to help curry, then just force curry to loose weight somehow in the offseason.

How does Greg Oden potentially become the best center in the East? Sure it's one thing to dominate college kids, but in the NBA, these are men. Faster, stronger, and far more savvy. Oden hasn't really developed an offensive game any real footwork that I've seen. He watched his team play O.T. from the bench cause he fouled out his last game. So, though Oden may ultimately be a good player, even a great one, he still has a way to go before he surpasses Eddy Curry.

Dwight Howard is a PF, he and Curry do not play the same Position. He occasionally plays center in rotation, but he's not a true center. Allen Iverson and Dwayne Wade lead the NBA in T.O.'s (4.2). That is mainly because they handle the ball alot. That's why Eddy Curry went from 2.2 T.O. as a career average to now 3.4 in one season. He is the focal point on offense. There a learning curve to being "the man" on offense. Curry himself readily admits that he needs to be better rebounder. He's trying to improve. If everyone cheered Curry and spent more time sending out positive vibes it would be amazing. A bad game doesn't define a career. Think about it.

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Again...the simple minded hypocritical knick fan who wants to put the guy in the hall of fame in his productive months and trade when he's doing bad and we're talking about a span of 1 year...I don't get it. Oh yea...I'm saying no...By the way that interview with John Thompson proved the mindset of Eddy Curry. Big ups to the great John Thompson...one of the greatest coaches of all-time
    simple minded ive been saying trade him all along. I dont like him in this side he is ranked 55th in blocks playing 35 mins a game.

He is young, and so big. He has potential i just know what you think enough with the bashing

An idiot started this topic! No way to trade Curry, he is a future dominant center of the league! He's young and every year he is getting better!
    Compare to Okur? DD - Lol, shame..

Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    How does Greg Oden potentially become the best center in the East? Sure it's one thing to dominate college kids, but in the NBA, these are men. Faster, stronger, and far more savvy. Oden hasn't really developed an offensive game any real footwork that I've seen. He watched his team play O.T. from the bench cause he fouled out his last game. So, though Oden may ultimately be a good player, even a great one, he still has a way to go before he surpasses Eddy Curry.

Dwight Howard is a PF, he and Curry do not play the same Position. He occasionally plays center in rotation, but he's not a true center. Allen Iverson and Dwayne Wade lead the NBA in T.O.'s (4.2). That is mainly because they handle the ball alot. That's why Eddy Curry went from 2.2 T.O. as a career average to now 3.4 in one season. He is the focal point on offense. There a learning curve to being "the man" on offense. Curry himself readily admits that he needs to be better rebounder. He's trying to improve. If everyone cheered Curry and spent more time sending out positive vibes it would be amazing. A bad game doesn't define a career. Think about it.
    Well said!
    All Eddy needs is for people to start recognizing his talent. He has already taken great strides, and will just keep improving. Trading him would be stupid and would kill the Knicks before they even had a chance to reach their full potential. Curry will become the franchise player.

Trade Icon

After seeing that win against the Raptors sun. I would only trade Curry if I could get a BEAST in the paint like a D Howard or a Emeka Okafor. If u could pull off that trade I wouldn't stop there, I would c if we could get JJ Reddick (Orl. but i doubt it) or a Carrol (Cha. more likely) and we would might have 2 throw in another player to pull it off. Or if we can get a LaBron, Kobe, or Anthony and throw in Curry a player and or pick. Other than that, i'm not interested.

A franchise center is a player who can post 24 points, 22 rebounds, 7 assists and 5 blocks to win a game 7 for the Eastern Conference Finals.

I can only hope that Curry will someday achieve those numbers in that high pressure atmosphere of a game 7.
    Last edited by Trin_Starr; Mar 20, 2007 at 13:10.

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    I think Al Jefferson is going to get better than him.
    For Curry to stop that he needs to play MUCH better Defense with a little effort.
    The fat f#ck is so lazy - he can be a real defensive beast with his size and athleticism...but until Isiah demands him to play D and benches him like he did Marbury, Jefferies, Nate etc. for lack of it - he will not want to get better at it...

However, I wouldn't trade him. With Agguire as a coach, I am sure he can work wonders with Curry in the offseason, learning positioning, better passing out of the double teams, better floor spacing and understanding how to block out and rebound.

He is still young and can be great - if only he pushes himself to want that.
    I'm glad u brought up Agguire...If he can help players wit their post game, then that would give you an even BIGGER reason 2 trade Curry 4 a DWIGHT HOWARD or EMEKA OKAFOR. That's the only knock on those 2 are their POST GAMES!!!!!!!!! That trade would give us a BEAST in the paint and sum SCORING inside (if Agguire can do 2 them 1/3 what he did wit Curry)

I say no dont trade him. He has made a positive contribute to the Knicks this season. But if you really really need trade him, then trade him for another center in his catergory.

Emeka Okafor has Played to this point 156 NBA games in 3 yrs. That equates to 52 games a year so far. So I wouldn't trade Curry far more durable. Dwight Howard is going nowhere. I wish everyone would stop talking about him coming here. Everyone here has a better chance to win the lottery. I suggest buying a ticket where every you live. The odds are infinetly better. J.J. Redick hasn't really contributed on a nightly basis and has had a hard time adjusting to the NBA. Again another guy who was a great college player, but with his lack of athletiscism, defense and lateral quickness, he will continue to struggle. Not a guy I would want here personally. Carroll has has a breakout year, so I can't see Michael Jordan letting him go. We do need a consistent outside threat. Inside out would be great, Q-Rich was supposed to have been that guy, but he is often looking stylish but injured on the bench. Hopefully in the off season this will be addressed. But if guys start hitting shots when Eddy or Marbury passes to them out of the double team.

Good point about Reddick but like I said, we don't need another guy dat needs the ball in his hand. We just need sum1 who can stroke it on a nightly basis. I just got done watching the Knicks struggle on offense against the Mavs and dat game prooves 2 things 1. We NEED a SHOOTER and 2. We NEED 2 TRADE CURRY

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Whats so bad about Okur? Another person on your Hate List? Okur can rebound and make 3 pointers.
    You shouldn't have said this, you'll get the Isiah crew started up to the point they'll quote and repeat the same thing.

But I'll help you here.

Okur has won a championship, is an all star in the WESTERN CONFERENCE, is a superior rebounder than Curry, and his offensive game isn't predictable like Curry. Okur isn't bad. We're not getting him. But comparing Curry to Okur, Okur wins. He's been more sucessful in the league, and he's a better all around big man, offensively and hell as sad it may sound, DEFENSIVELY. Curry is the worst big man in the NBA defensively who gets 30+ minutes.

Wake up and smell the cafe con lache already people.

Eddy Curry is a role player, he's not a franchise player. His age is totally irrevelant. He's not going to dominate or carry this team. He's a good offensive role player with terrible defense and poor rebounding. He's not even the best player on this team. Curry does draw double teams, but who cares? Curry is terrible and can't beat double teams cause he lacks the awareness to find his teammates.

BTW, since it was quoted and so false. Dwight Howard is a center. He's accually not fat, mostly muslce, and the same size as Curry. Howard came into the NBA as a 4. But now Battie plays the 4 position. Ask any Magic fan, he plays mostly C.

I like alot of the big men in the draft too. Isiah groupies who don't see the talent in this draft must be blind or are too busying stuffing their faces with McDonalds with Curry.

Horford and Oden are some of the best defensive college big men we've seen since Okafor. Plus their offense has alot of potential and is polished. Oden already is a number one pick just for his rebounding and defense. Offensively, his potential is unlimited. Therefor Oden > Curry. Horford is a champion, and an extremely skillful big man. He can guard the perimeter or play position post defense. Good shot blocker, passer, has developed range on his offense, and his post game is very skills. Probably the best all around big man in the draft. I would love to have Horford on the Knicks, to replace the defensive stopper we have in Curry.
    Last edited by metrocard; Mar 20, 2007 at 22:34.

Metro get out you notebook cause school is in session:

Okur has won a championship:

So has Luc Longley (3), Bill Wennington (3), and Jack Haley (3) with the Bulls. So I guess he's better than Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing, cause they never won a ring (see how stupid that sounds Metro?) He won simply by being on the roster with the best starting five in the NBA in the last decade. Name one meaningful moment supplied by Okur with Detroit? He did nothing. It was the Wallaces (Big Ben and Sheed), Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and Mr. Big Shot Chauncey Billups. For you to lie and act like Mehmet Okur played a valueable role only futher shows how little you know about ball.

is a superior rebounder than Curry:

Yeah 7.1 RPG for Curry and 7.4 RPG for Okur (I guess the .3 difference is what makes a superior rebounder hey Metro?). Yet your talking like he's Kevin Garnett , Ben Wallace or Denis Rodman. Those are superior rebounders. Not Okur. Please stay within the confines of reality.

and his offensive game isn't predictable like Curry.

Of course it is. Watch a Jazz game. He sits out on the perimeter and when he does post takes stupid 3 sec calls. Trust me I have League Pass and watch way more ball than you. Okur wins? He has Boozer, Kirilenko and Milsap doing all the dirty work down low. If I want somebody to sit on the perimeter as a big, we already have Channing Frye, and his salary is way cheaper. Boozer and Kirilenko block shots. They erase alot of Okur's "mistakes".

He's been more sucessful in the league

Thanks to Detroit's starting 5

and he's a better all around big man, offensively and hell as sad it may sound, DEFENSIVELY.

Curry is the worst big man in the NBA defensively who gets 30+ minutes.

Prove it by stats. Just cause you say it doesn't make it true. I challenge you to prove it me.

Oden and Horford play in COLLEGE. The next Level is the NBA. Until they actually play a game, they mean nothing and are nothing. Big men on the NBA level are like I said before are bigger, faster, more athletic and far more knowledgeable. the college level is not the same. Case in point JJ Redick and Adam Morrison. They could dominate college kids. Now on the NBA level they are getting man handled. Why? The NBA is a different animal. Plain and simple. Horford won in College. Whether he can duplicate that feat on the NBA stage has yet to be seen.

P.S. I hate always being right. My wife is spanish one, and you couldn't even spell milk right in your native toungue. So I'll help you. it's spelled leche. Please try and get it right without help from a jamaican know it all.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by FameMos
    Good point about Reddick but like I said, we don't need another guy dat needs the ball in his hand. We just need sum1 who can stroke it on a nightly basis. I just got done watching the Knicks struggle on offense against the Mavs and dat game prooves 2 things 1. We NEED a SHOOTER and 2. We NEED 2 TRADE CURRY
    Why would we trade Curry for a shooter? You want a shooter, pick one! We've got a line up full of shooters. Marbury, Francis, Richardson, Crawford, Robinson... We've got a team full of shooters. We need a rebounder to make Curry's life easier. At the moment most of our key dirty work players are hurt. So you can see Curry is less "consistent" due to having no David Lee or Jamal Crawford.

If you want to take trades talk about trading Frye or Francis. That makes more sense then trading Curry. We need a new thread. How to package Jerome James and Steve Francis. They are the dead weight. Not Curry.