Knicks Sign Center Randoph Morris To 2-Year Deal

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach Isiah Thomas announced today that free agent center/forward Randolph Morris has been signed to a contract. As per club policy, terms of the deal are not announced.

Morris, 6-11, 260-pounds, averaged 12.6 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 89 career games over three seasons at the University of Kentucky. As a junior in 2006-07, Morris averaged career-highs of 16.1 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game and earned First Team All-SEC honors in leading the Wildcats to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Randolph had declared himself eligible for the 2005 NBA Draft following his freshman year at Kentucky, but did not sign with an agent. After going undrafted, Randolph returned to Kentucky but was forced to sit out the first 14 games of his sophomore campaign. Due to a provision in the NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement, Morris is prohibited from re-entering the NBA Draft and had free agent status throughout the 2006-07 season at Kentucky. [READ]

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I thought especially with lee returning now that the knicks needed another shooting guard more than anything else. I guess isiah is frustrated with curry being frustrated and struggling. If Curry and King James werent gettin it done, why not try cato before signing someone else? It don't make sense to me.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i just want to know, why two years?

well wit isiahs eye for talent, i wonbt be surprised if he is actually good

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
This guy doesn't seem that bad of a player. I hope Isiah knows what he's doing but I think its a good sign. I dont want a 10- game contract please I don't, since this guy played well in Kentucky he might play well here in the NBA for the knicks. But why didn't any other team pick him up earlier?

Starks

Starter
ladies and gents, lets hear it for our President/GM/leader Isiaha Thomas!!!! 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!

Zeke, get the fuk outa my city.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
This guy doesn't seem that bad of a player. I hope Isiah knows what he's doing but I think its a good sign. I dont want a 10- game contract please I don't, since this guy played well in Kentucky he might play well here in the NBA for the knicks. But why didn't any other team pick him up earlier?

he declared for the draft in 05 and he didnt get picked so that makes em a unrestricted free agent but i heard he still going to skool right now

Starks

Starter
this isnt your city

No, ur right- its yours. thank you for clarifying mr. truth. All of NYC can relax now, whew..

Maybe this will add some fire under Curry's belt. He's been looking like his tank is pretty empty. I guess 1mil aint a thing to the Knicks, but why two years???? I thought we changed the business plan. lol I can't wait until our last 2 season are made into a Will Ferrel movie. Should be fun too watch.

We probably could of used Jim Jackson more than him for the final 14 games, but i guess this is one of those future moves. I wont ever question his draft picks, but its just a super weird scenario on how this works out.

Then again, we are talking about a team who screwed up the Allan Houston clause by cutting the wrong player. Good times = ) lets take our beating tonight and pray the Pacers dont decide they actually want to get into the playoffs. Indiana and Boston should be fined for their bad job on hiding their ambitions of "tanking the season". Where r u David Stern?

metrocard

Legend
Slick move by Isiah, its like a free first round pick. Morris can be a complete bust, but I'm just hoping he's the anti Curry. We can't deny Isiah when it comes to evulating talent, but hopefully this is the right signing. You can ATLEAST see Isiah's logic in this deal, which isn't so crazy and is a positive move.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Rookie Signing

For those who said we need to draft a shooter and a shot blocker/rebounder big man,1 down and 1 to go!!!!:beer: :thumbsup: :teeth: :smokin:

paris401

Starter
Slick move by Isiah, its like a free first round pick. Morris can be a complete bust, but I'm just hoping he's the anti Curry. We can't deny Isiah when it comes to evulating talent, but hopefully this is the right signing. You can ATLEAST see Isiah's logic in this deal, which isn't so crazy and is a positive move.

i agree... i don;t know this guy, but he was projected as a late 1st rounder, and IT got him for nothing due to a quirk in the rules...

it's like when red picked bird as a junior, they amended the rules.. maybe they will have to do it again because of this signing...

whether he pans out or not... good move by IT...

Trin_Starr

Starter
actually this guy is a really nice pick up for the knicks....consider it a freebee for next year's draft...

he's a shotblocker, and is great from the FT line...

He practiced with the knicks for the 05 draft but he was a freshman in college and was hoping he would get drafted by his athleticism alone and he didn't..
once u sign up for the draft u cannot go into the draft again but u can continue to play for ur college under the new CBA rules....
he blossomed into a really nice player over the past 2 years and i think other GMs just forgot about him....thinking they had to wait for next year's draft to get him....

nice pick up by isiah.....

on another note - we need Q back, we need Lee if we are to make the playoffs....
we're slowly flushing our chances down the drain....

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
This move makes Channing Frye that much more expendable this off season.....With Morris you now have a young back-up center who can also play some power forward. I really don't see where Frye belongs going into next season, in fact that can be said for more than a few players on this roster(Francis, Rose, James, ever Robinson). I really think this gives us a lot of flexibility to either trade up in the draft or try to work some sort of a deal this off season for a quality scorer.

metrocard

Legend
This move makes Channing Frye that much more expendable this off season.....With Morris you now have a young back-up center who can also play some power forward. I really don't see where Frye belongs going into next season, in fact that can be said for more than a few players on this roster(Francis, Rose, James, ever Robinson). I really think this gives us a lot of flexibility to either trade up in the draft or try to work some sort of a deal this off season for a quality scorer.

Frye should of been traded for Artest when we had the chance. Too bad Isiah has an ego and is too bias.

NYKnicks15

Starter
great pick up by Isiah. I dont like tooting his horn so to speak but good way to use his sneakyness for good for once hahaha.

TO CLEAR IT UP!
This kid declared for the draft last year, he didnt sign with an agent and then decided to go back to college. but technically he was undrafted so that made him eligible to still be signed EVEN THOUGH hes still playin college ball. it was a crazy situation and im glad Isiah made the move.

This makes Curry and Frye more expandable. Metro is completely right on his evaluation of comparison. he is jamaal magloire like. good rebounder, good in the paint scorer with a soft touch. good at the free throw line AND can block shots!!! yay! this really is a free first round pick and with the season seemingly coming to an end we need all the assets we can get ahold of.

I REALLLLLLY look for a busy offseason.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
great pick up by Isiah. I dont like tooting his horn so to speak but good way to use his sneakyness for good for once hahaha.

TO CLEAR IT UP!
This kid declared for the draft last year, he didnt sign with an agent and then decided to go back to college. but technically he was undrafted so that made him eligible to still be signed EVEN THOUGH hes still playin college ball. it was a crazy situation and im glad Isiah made the move.

This makes Curry and Frye more expandable. Metro is completely right on his evaluation of comparison. he is jamaal magloire like. good rebounder, good in the paint scorer with a soft touch. good at the free throw line AND can block shots!!! yay! this really is a free first round pick and with the season seemingly coming to an end we need all the assets we can get ahold of.

I REALLLLLLY look for a busy offseason.

but jamal magloire is all power, this guy got a nice touch and could hit Fts unlike magloire, he seems to me like a david west with shot blocking abiltiy

Il Mostro

Rookie
Very smart, no-risk move. Curry has played more minutes this season than any time in his career, and with his lack of conditioning, it shows. He's got nothing left in the tank. If Morris pans out next year as a capable back-up center and part-time power forward, I'm happy. Now, if we can dupe some team into taking Big Snacks off our hands..