Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Sign Center Randoph Morris To 2-Year Deal

This move makes Channing Frye that much more expendable this off season.....With Morris you now have a young back-up center who can also play some power forward. I really don't see where Frye belongs going into next season, in fact that can be said for more than a few players on this roster(Francis, Rose, James, ever Robinson). I really think this gives us a lot of flexibility to either trade up in the draft or try to work some sort of a deal this off season for a quality scorer.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by LOIOSH30
    This move makes Channing Frye that much more expendable this off season.....With Morris you now have a young back-up center who can also play some power forward. I really don't see where Frye belongs going into next season, in fact that can be said for more than a few players on this roster(Francis, Rose, James, ever Robinson). I really think this gives us a lot of flexibility to either trade up in the draft or try to work some sort of a deal this off season for a quality scorer.
    Frye should of been traded for Artest when we had the chance. Too bad Isiah has an ego and is too bias.

Veteran

great pick up by Isiah. I dont like tooting his horn so to speak but good way to use his sneakyness for good for once hahaha.

TO CLEAR IT UP!
    This kid declared for the draft last year, he didnt sign with an agent and then decided to go back to college. but technically he was undrafted so that made him eligible to still be signed EVEN THOUGH hes still playin college ball. it was a crazy situation and im glad Isiah made the move.

This makes Curry and Frye more expandable. Metro is completely right on his evaluation of comparison. he is jamaal magloire like. good rebounder, good in the paint scorer with a soft touch. good at the free throw line AND can block shots!!! yay! this really is a free first round pick and with the season seemingly coming to an end we need all the assets we can get ahold of.

I REALLLLLLY look for a busy offseason.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    great pick up by Isiah. I dont like tooting his horn so to speak but good way to use his sneakyness for good for once hahaha.

TO CLEAR IT UP!
    This kid declared for the draft last year, he didnt sign with an agent and then decided to go back to college. but technically he was undrafted so that made him eligible to still be signed EVEN THOUGH hes still playin college ball. it was a crazy situation and im glad Isiah made the move.

This makes Curry and Frye more expandable. Metro is completely right on his evaluation of comparison. he is jamaal magloire like. good rebounder, good in the paint scorer with a soft touch. good at the free throw line AND can block shots!!! yay! this really is a free first round pick and with the season seemingly coming to an end we need all the assets we can get ahold of.

I REALLLLLLY look for a busy offseason.
    but jamal magloire is all power, this guy got a nice touch and could hit Fts unlike magloire, he seems to me like a david west with shot blocking abiltiy

Very smart, no-risk move. Curry has played more minutes this season than any time in his career, and with his lack of conditioning, it shows. He's got nothing left in the tank. If Morris pans out next year as a capable back-up center and part-time power forward, I'm happy. Now, if we can dupe some team into taking Big Snacks off our hands..

Frye for Artest would have been a bad move. Artest has legal issues, as well he dominates the ball too often in Sacramento, sometimes to the detriment of the offense there. In Frye you have a kid with no bagage. I love Artest, but there'll always be a negative stigma attached to him. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make. If he's getting this much bad press in Sac-town, he be buried in a landslide of haterations in NY. Plus I'd rather put the minutes into Balkman. How is he gonna develop from the bench?

Artest instead of Frederick Weiss -- no #%!ing brainer. In the wonderful NOW, forget about it. As the good Doctor said, too much baggage and a perptual black clould over his head. Imagine how much trouble he'd get into in New York. Yikes!

Veteran

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    TO CLEAR IT UP!
    This kid declared for the draft last year, .
    actually he declared in 05...

I have to admit, this is one of the few good signings IT has done. What a nice contrast to the defensively challenged Eddy Curry.

I doubt this trade would go thru, but if we could trade Frye 4 Josh Smith (Atl)
    that would be a good trade 4 us. Smith rebs, is extremely athletic, blks shots and plays defense. The only prob. would be, what about Balkman? I guess he could be a energy player off the bench. I'd rather have a shooter but there isn't a shooter out there that's worth trading Frye 4 unless u could get Michael Redd. I would've went with Ray Allen 2-3 yrs ago but he's not worth trading Frye who's in his early 20's and will be a 20ppg, 10reb guy in 2-3 yrs.

Originally Posted by FameMos
    that would be a good trade 4 us. Smith rebs, is extremely athletic, blks shots and plays defense. The only prob. would be, what about Balkman? I guess he could be a energy player off the bench. I'd rather have a shooter but there isn't a shooter out there that's worth trading Frye 4 unless u could get Michael Redd. I would've went with Ray Allen 2-3 yrs ago but he's not worth trading Frye who's in his early 20's and will be a 20ppg, 10reb guy in 2-3 yrs.
    Excuse me Metro Jr.What do you think of the media saying that Isiah will use Frye in a sign-n-trade for Vince Carter???? The Nets LUST after FRYE!! This is documented!!! What do you think??????

That 'Metro Jr.' $**t is lame but I don't want Vince Carter especially if u have 2 throw in Frye. He's another player who throws up 2 many bad shots. plus Carter's opting out of his contract @ the end of the year (from what i heard)

12th man

Chillllllllllllllllll.

Nyk Logo

I'm tellin u, he's gonna be 20ppg 10reb and it's gonna happen when Isaiah trades (gives) him away 4 a OVERATED Vince Carter, a player who might be going 2 jail Artest, Jermaine O' Neal/Garnett who we don't need and who's gonna take playing time away from our young guys or an older All Star who's gonna be injured when he gets over here. By the way, have u seen Frye's post game lately? He's gonna be good, i'm tellin u. Give him 2-3 seasons 2 develop into a STAR

12th man

I'm tellin u, he's gonna be 20ppg 10reb and it's gonna happen when Isaiah trades (gives) him away 4 a OVERATED Vince Carter, a player who might be going 2 jail Artest, Jermaine O' Neal/Garnett who we don't need and who's gonna take playing time away from our young guys or an older All Star who's gonna be injured when he gets over here. By the way, have u seen Frye's post game lately? He's gonna be good, i'm tellin u. Give him 2-3 seasons 2 develop into a STAR
    I'm not convinced yet.