Frye in sign-n-trade for Vince Carter

George M.

Benchwarmer
In the Morris The 'cat NYPost headline,the writer said Frye could possibly be used in a sign-n-trade for Vince Carter.Depending on who we give up,I wouldn't mind him here at all.What are everyone else's thoughts????????

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Hell No! I don't want Carter here. I can see him right now in the Mecca MSG hogging the ball taking 20-30 shots a game shootin like 40% 4 the season not playing defense. I'm not gonna give Frye away 4 Carter absolutly not.

Starks

Starter
I disagree. Vince is still one of the best players in the league. He would have been a Knick two seasons ago, along with Jalen Rose. But one of the biggest "behind the scenes" Negatives of having Thomas run our show is that like 77% of NBA executives, coaches, and former players simply HATE the man. So instead of Toronto making a better trade for Carter and getting value back, they take crap for Carter, almost to stick it to Zeke.

Regarldess if the hate is warranted or not, it's not fair for our team.

Our lineup back then would have been amazing.

Marbury
A. Houston (probably Crawford since Allan missed about 30 games)
Carter
T. Thomas
Kurt Thomas

*Don't fact check the lineup- I'm way off, I know, but I'm just talking from recent memory. This was in 04' I believe.

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks have enough offense, they need to play defense. When was the last time VC ever played defense, great offensive player but for $15M give me a guy that plays at both ends.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Vince Carter is my favorite player. But I think we should trade Richardson and Collins for him instead of trading Frye. Vince Carter would bring a new look to the knicks offense, oh the positive thing is that Carter wants to play in New York.

paris401

Starter
i dunno if carter is the answer, but we have no chance to get him.. if he bails out of nj, we don't have cap space to sign him, the nets hate us, so no chance for a trade , and even if the nets would do a sign and trade with us, we don't have the chips to make it happen...

George M.

Benchwarmer
The Knicks have enough offense, they need to play defense. When was the last time VC ever played defense, great offensive player but for $15M give me a guy that plays at both ends.
They need to play defense???? Really???? Gee, so does about 75% of the NBA!!! I don't know if Carter will help,but i know Artest or Rashard Lewis's offensive skill sets and versatility would allow Isiah to use more of his bench! The fact that Artest can shoot 3's and play in the low post and his defense would make us better immediately! Lewis's 3pt shot,his low post game and his quickness even at 6"10" would allow him to play SG,SF and PF in a small ball lineup!!

FameMos

Benchwarmer
They need to play defense???? Really???? Gee, so does about 75% of the NBA!!! I don't know if Carter will help,but i know Artest or Rashard Lewis's offensive skill sets and versatility would allow Isiah to use more of his bench! The fact that Artest can shoot 3's and play in the low post and his defense would make us better immediately! Lewis's 3pt shot,his low post game and his quickness even at 6"10" would allow him to play SG,SF and PF in a small ball lineup!!
Very good point. Most good teams in th Nba don't play defense and the Knicks don't really need a defensive stopper (Artest) they just need a shot blocker, they need 2 play better team defense and they need a 3pt. shooter. Now hopefully they've found their shot blocker (Randolph Morris). Now the other 2 are a problem. IMO in order 2 play better defense we're gonna need a new coach and hopefully there will be a good shooter in the draft.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i mentioned this a month or two ago for a trade to look out for.

Thorn and the owners love Channing Frye. and in the deal youll prolly see Nate, Frye and a contract alla Q-Rich or Jamal for Carter and Marcus Williams. I really see it happening.

I wouldnt mind Carter at all but the ball could be a problem. id rather have a Ray Allen so once Curry gets his passing down pat he can pass it for the three ball. but we shall see

Starks

Starter
wow, if we can get marcus williams and carter in a trade... well that changes everything. That would be the absolute best thign that can happen this offseason. wow. carter and williams.

metrocard

Legend
wow, if we can get marcus williams and carter in a trade... well that changes everything. That would be the absolute best thign that can happen this offseason. wow. carter and williams.

Agreed, Williams would be a steal, along with Carter, who's misunderstood alot of the times. Carter is an upgrade over Crawford, an upgrade is always good.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
PLEASE!! NO VINSANITY!! The last thing this team needs is another ball hog who doesn't play defense! I would much rather have Ron Artest or Rashard Lewis on the Knicks than Vince Carter.

Starks

Starter
Agreed, Williams would be a steal, along with Carter, who's misunderstood alot of the times. Carter is an upgrade over Crawford, an upgrade is always good.

dude is that "Da Gooo"??? from that Nickelodeon show????? HAHAHAHAHA

me and my lil are like only people on earth that still make fun of his infamous rap segment.

-That and Donkey Lips from Salute your Shorts

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Getting Vince Carter at this point in his career, I'd rather have Jesus Shuttlesworth....Ray Allen...Least he has a multi year contract already signed with Seattle...wouldn't have to worry about him going anywhere for atleast another 4 years...since I doubt he'll do the 6....

As far as trading Channing I mean all the potential is there to be a Chris Bosh type player but at times his confidence seems to be lacking...

Nate Robinson still a long ways off...so far to me he still just seems like a note worthy player...not quite that good..he has some skills..but I think I would trade him before I move Lee whom I think is untouchable at this point...

metrocard

Legend
dude is that "Da Gooo"??? from that Nickelodeon show????? HAHAHAHAHA

me and my lil are like only people on earth that still make fun of his infamous rap segment.

-That and Donkey Lips from Salute your Shorts

Hell yes, a classic. Damn the 90s was good times.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Getting Vince Carter at this point in his career, I'd rather have Jesus Shuttlesworth....Ray Allen...Least he has a multi year contract already signed with Seattle...wouldn't have to worry about him going anywhere for atleast another 4 years...since I doubt he'll do the 6....

As far as trading Channing I mean all the potential is there to be a Chris Bosh type player but at times his confidence seems to be lacking...

Nate Robinson still a long ways off...so far to me he still just seems like a note worthy player...not quite that good..he has some skills..but I think I would trade him before I move Lee whom I think is untouchable at this point...
I Completely agree, if ur gonna go after Carter then u might as well try 2 get Ray Allen. Ray Allen would fit right in and our chemistry would drastically improve. Ray Allen is a PERFECT FIT in the Knicks offense, Carter is not. If Isaiah has even a slight chance of getting Allen HE'D BETTER DO WHAT HE CAN 2 GET HIM. Or draft a shooter.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I like that. Vince can bring some good energy to the poor Knicks. But I just hate to see Frye go. We are just seeing him grow and become the player he can become.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I said this around the trade deadline, guess I'll repeat myself....
Vince Carter is a streaky shooter, he plays little or no defense, and most importantly only plays hard when he feels like it! This guy would be toxic for our locker room, and set a horrible example for our young players. If we are going to trade Frye (and at this point I think we have to), I would prefer we package him w/ Francis & get a guy like Caron Butler or Jermaine O'neal.....

paris401

Starter
I said this around the trade deadline, guess I'll repeat myself....
Vince Carter is a streaky shooter, he plays little or no defense, and most importantly only plays hard when he feels like it! This guy would be toxic for our locker room, and set a horrible example for our young players. If we are going to trade Frye (and at this point I think we have to), I would prefer we package him w/ Francis & get a guy like Caron Butler or Jermaine O'neal.....

if the pacers decide to trade oneal what are they saying?? they are stating that they are rebuilding... and u think they would take/want francis and his 35m contract?? ...