Allan Houston Might Return

GetRealistic

Starter
Its a real nice story. He was a great player. But how much help could he give us? He's got chronic knee problems and hasn't played consistently in years. But for his sake i really hope he can atleast come back and leave the game on his own terms.

Starks

Starter
I have been keeping a close eye on this story. Allan coming back would be a great feel good story for this team. He would play for the vet minimum so it wouldn't hurt us.

Just seeing his pressance out there would be comforting, and would make the Knicks feel like the Knicks again.

I have actually been angered over the fact they gave his number to JJ. I never seem to get over that, and it contributes to my ire over Jeffries.

Say what you want about Allan's mega contract- it def was wayyy wayy wayy too much, but he was a class act and great player that will always hold a special place in Knick lore.

If ur boss had no sense of business acumen, like James Dolan, and offered a 250% upgrade in salary- i ask each one of you to tell me who would not take it. So don't bring his contract up, he was only doing exactly what all you people would have also.

I love Allan- he's my second favorite athlete under Starks. Cliff Floyd is number 3 btw

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Right now we could really use his nice jumpshot. A shooter does not lose their touch so i think he could still be effective until he does decide to go out on his own terms.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I'ma start off saying that Allan Houston was a great player n i know we all miss his touch on the court.... BUT... he should chill on this coming back idea(if its really true... he hasn't confirmed shit)... if he does good for him but i dont think we need to sign another player who has a high chance of further injury and gonna have us checking our pockets as an orginization.... Allan left because he couldnt play anymore and i dont see why he thinks he can now ( I feel the same with this Scottie Pippen story).

paris401

Starter
i say sign him to an extention... he is already on the payroll for 20+ mill this year... which is his last, just extend it for another 2-3-4 years...

if the franchise is worth 17m for next year, houston is surely worth 20m

George M.

Benchwarmer
Allan Houston!!!!!!

If Allan's knees are "healed" even at the age of 36 with his shooting touch off the bench and his veteran leadership at the veteran minimum for 15-20 minutes per game is a huge plus!!!! Don't get it twisted.He carried this team with his jumpshot for years while Ewing was on the decline.If he can supply the deep threat of the bench for 15-20 min a game the Knicks will not be a bottom feeder next season!!!! Mark my words!!!!:agreed: :cool: :thumbsup: :peace: :beer: :smokin:

metrocard

Legend
Houston > Crawford. Houston could come off the bench for 15 minutes and show his veteran leadership. He was still a great shooter the last time he played. He retired cause of his health, not cause he couldn't preform. Houston can definately be productive playing 15 minutes every night.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Houston > Crawford. Houston could come off the bench for 15 minutes and show his veteran leadership. He was still a great shooter the last time he played. He retired cause of his health, not cause he couldn't preform. Houston can definately be productive playing 15 minutes every night.
BTW,Crawford isn't greater than Houston yet.But with Houston on the roster with him and possibly working with him,his game might actually improve.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
H2O coming back? Wow...I hope he does. The guy is one of the greatest shooters I've ever seen. The key to shooting is consistency, shooting touch, and form and he has all of that. The phone booth shot is on its way back! One of the classiest guys to play the game...christian to the fullest, fav in the community and on the court. You can't hate on this guy...besides the fact that Scott Layden gave him that infamous contract but that's another story...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yeah I was happy when I read that. Allan Houston is my 4th favorite all time knick under Patrick Ewing-Larry Johnson, and Shepton Marbury. I also can't get over the same fact that Jared Jeffries has the number 20. Thats Houstons number only! But if Houston comes back I hope he still has his three point shot.

metrocard

Legend
BTW,Crawford isn't greater than Houston yet.But with Houston on the roster with him and possibly working with him,his game might actually improve.

Co-sign.

Thats accually the first good idea you've present here on the forum. I'm proud of you my son, congrats.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I agree. We need a shooter especially if we can get Houston 4 cheap, i think it's worth it. It's not like he's gonna be starting.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Let's not get swept up in nostalgia to forget that the knicks don't need another 2... we need a defensive 3... houston coming back would give us...

franchise, steph, h20, nate, collins, crawford and q rich next season... a guard glut... if we trade franchise and q rich then maybe... but we have too many two guards as it is... and let's not forget that people don't unretire and get better... jordan wasn't as good when he came back... neither was magic... and they were both better players than houston in his prime...

Starks

Starter
Mark my words, if Allan came back and got like 20-25 minutes a game, he would easily get 12-17 a game- kind of like Finley in San Antonio.

With Curry and Marbs causing chaos in the paint, all Allan has to do is stand behind the line and shoot. He'd still be one of the best shooters in the league. If Kevin Willis and Cliff Robinson can still play, Allan can still be an important piece. Lets face it, Q-Rich is a press conference from retiring. We all know its coming.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Let's not get swept up in nostalgia to forget that the knicks don't need another 2... we need a defensive 3... houston coming back would give us...

franchise, steph, h20, nate, collins, crawford and q rich next season... a guard glut... if we trade franchise and q rich then maybe... but we have too many two guards as it is... and let's not forget that people don't unretire and get better... jordan wasn't as good when he came back... neither was magic... and they were both better players than houston in his prime...

I agree. We don't need another guard unless we trade away someone. We definitely need more defense. Besides, who's to say if he did come back he would play for the Knicks? I could see him coming back and playing for a contender.