NBA fines Isiah Thomas

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Today the NBA fines Isiah Thomas for $50,000 USDs. for stating facts that Shepton Marbury is not treated equally among other guards in the NBA. Thomas thought that the officials are not calling fouls that should be fouls. The officials are being unfair. I kind of agree, Marbury does get fouled a lot in the paint, but no foul calls.

isiah kinda has a point, but hes gotta stop complaining. His team is in the middle of a playoff run, and he's gotta set the example for his team.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I agree Isiah should say something. I watch too many games where different referees see things differently. Some let physical play go, while others call everything grinding games down to a halt. What go is having rules if they can be manipulated to benefit some teams and not all.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
the thing about stephon dat may make it hard to call fouls for em is that he doesnt flop and just throw himself to the floor like AI or manu ginobli

starksfor3

Rookie
I'm glad Zeke stood up for Steph. Steph drives hard every night and should average at least 8-10 free throws a game. He averages 5 free throw attempts a night and plays 35+ minutes per on a regular basis.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
the thing about stephon dat may make it hard to call fouls for em is that he doesnt flop and just throw himself to the floor like AI or manu ginobli

Yeah, Steph pays the price for being strong enough to absorb the hits he takes in the paint. A lot of times he gets fouled, but because of his strength, the foul doesn't look as obvious as it should. I'm glad I.T. stood up and said something, right or wrong, it shows he's behind his players.....

metrocard

Legend
Refs are far worse in the NCAA than NBA. Marbury gets fouled alot though.

If you look at it, Marbury is the strongest PG in the NBA, he's built like a bull.

Out of everyone in the NBA, Marbury flops the LEAST. When he gets fouled, he moves the big man out of position. Marbury is never dropped on the floor.

I guess Marbury should flop more, since thats what the NBA is becoming (Wade)

Every coach complains about there star players not getting calls wade;shaq,kobe,ray allen, TMac just to name a few. Good for zeek. I hope this dosent make me a isiahsexual. :thumbsup:

Trin_Starr

Starter
This was a calculated move by Isiah.
He needed something to spark the team - some adversity to fire them up.

He started the rant Saturday and then when no NBA reprimand was made, he continued on monday as well.
It seems to me like he wanted to get fined probably to get the League's attention and to fire up the team.

By the way knicks will go on a 6-3 run for the last nine and make 8th seed. ;)

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
We all hope they make the 8th seed. The two games against the Nets are key. Isiah wanted to get the attention for the officials. Who knows maybe they might start calling more fouls when Marbury drives in the lane.

I agree with datruth, Marbury does not show any signs of a foul when he drives in the lane. He absorbs contact, and finds a way of making the baskets most of the time.

dragon434

Rookie
Every coach complains about there star players not getting calls wade;shaq,kobe,ray allen, TMac just to name a few. Good for zeek. I hope this dosent make me a isiahsexual. :thumbsup:

i dunno... sounded pretty isiahsexual to me ;/

but anyway i totally agree with the 'no calls' on steph and i don't get why they fined zeek $50,000.

ah thats probably nothing for isiah..

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This one is easy. Of course Zeke did the right thing...it is a head coach standing up for his star player. Name a coach who hasn't stuck up for his star player....besides Larry Brown LOL