Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: next years lineup

Default next years lineup

The knicks don't need to do alot of changes in the offseason i believe. But I really want the knicks to train hard, Isiah should hire a great centre coach and build Currys defence up and Morris' all round play up because I think Morris could be really good, and the team did well to pick him up.

I think the knicks should throw around trades for francis and Jerome James and unless a miracle happens we will be stuck with them so we should buy their contracts out.

Im stumped what to do with Jeffries as him and balkmen play a similar type of game and I much prefer balkmen. I believe the knicks should keep him because a 6/11 small forward could be handy, I really think knicks should train him to play on the taller types of players (Garnett, Duncan), and train Balkman to hustle the smaller types (Caron Butler, Bryant, Davis).

Knicks should trade Frye and Crawford but only for a quality player. Not someone who has a large contract and is playing a breakout year but for someone who is consistently good. I doubt this will happen so we wil have frye and Crawford but I really think their positions can be filled by better players. Im not saying these two are bad they have their ups and downs but I really like Collins.

Keep Marbury
    Keep Curry unless a trade for a good centre who can play defence comes up. I would love Al Jefferson in this team but I want to see if his break out year is genuine.
    Keep Balkman
    Keep Lee
    Keep Collins

Knicks new starting Lineup.

Marbury - Nate
    Collins - Crawford (will log heavy minutes "6 man award" anyone)
    Balkman - Jeffries
    DLee - Frye
    Curry/Morris (if Morris can get stats like 15,8,3, and two blocks i would much prefer him to Curry.

Just voicing my opinion. Knicks have a nice team, but i hate seeing dead weight with them (francis, james, jeffries). There are plenty of teams who have had bad years that will be looking to make trades and we should consider these teams. (orlando, Indiana, Portland, Golden State, Milwaukee)

replace Frye and keep Q Rich and we have a play off team next year in my opinion.

Originally Posted by theknicks3
    The knicks don't need to do alot of changes in the offseason i believe. But I really want the knicks to train hard, Isiah should hire a great centre coach and build Currys defence up and Morris' all round play up because I think Morris could be really good, and the team did well to pick him up.

I think the knicks should throw around trades for francis and Jerome James and unless a miracle happens we will be stuck with them so we should buy their contracts out.

Im stumped what to do with Jeffries as him and balkmen play a similar type of game and I much prefer balkmen. I believe the knicks should keep him because a 6/11 small forward could be handy, I really think knicks should train him to play on the taller types of players (Garnett, Duncan), and train Balkman to hustle the smaller types (Caron Butler, Bryant, Davis).

Knicks should trade Frye and Crawford but only for a quality player. Not someone who has a large contract and is playing a breakout year but for someone who is consistently good. I doubt this will happen so we wil have frye and Crawford but I really think their positions can be filled by better players. Im not saying these two are bad they have their ups and downs but I really like Collins.

Keep Marbury
    Keep Curry unless a trade for a good centre who can play defence comes up. I would love Al Jefferson in this team but I want to see if his break out year is genuine.
    Keep Balkman
    Keep Lee
    Keep Collins

Marbury - Nate
    Balkman - Jeffries
    DLee - Frye
    Curry/Morris (if Morris can get stats like 15,8,3, and two blocks i would much prefer him to Curry.

Just voicing my opinion. Knicks have a nice team, but i hate seeing dead weight with them (francis, james, jeffries). There are plenty of teams who have had bad years that will be looking to make trades and we should consider these teams. (orlando, Indiana, Portland, Golden State, Milwaukee)
    collins and balkman are not ready to start yet, neither of them got a good jumpshot, it should be:

marbury - collins - nate
    crawford - collins
    richardson - balkman
    lee
    curry

but i do have a feeling the knicks gonna get rashard lewis this off season

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by datruth
    but i do have a feeling the knicks gonna get rashard lewis this off season

btw, who said Balkman and Collins can't work on their jumpers? Both of these guys hit jumpers from the recent game. They're hard workers and players we need to keep on this roster.

Crawford is better off the bench. Crawford and Curry is too many turnovers.

i agree collins and balkman can work on their jumpers. I think oit would be a bad idea to get lewis in the off season

Aslong Nate Robinson doesnt go anywhere.

Nate Nate!

If Zeke does not make any major moves in the offseason, I would like to see this lineup next season:

Curry
    D. Lee
    Q-Rich
    JC
    Starbury

Bench rotation:
    Frye, Robinson, Jeffries, Collins, Morris

Draft:
    Aaron Affalo from UCLA

Originally Posted by theknicks3

Keep Marbury
    Keep Balkman
    Keep Lee
    Keep Collins

Marbury - Nate
    Balkman - Jeffries
    DLee - Frye

starting mardy collins over crawford and possibly thinking morris over curry???

are u f'n kidding me?

it should be

Marbury
    Crawford
    Lee
    Garnett
    Curry

I think Collins is ready 2 start. He's been our most agressive player these last couple of games. Plus i think he plays better starting rather than coming off the bench

Veteran

Originally Posted by insomniac
    it should be

Marbury
    Crawford
    Lee
    Garnett
    Curry
    how did we get garnett??

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Here's the problem I've got with NY's favorite. (D.Lee, Baulkman, Collins, Robinson) If all of your favorite players start the Knicks wont have any heat off the bench. Some players need to be on the bench to keep us in the game during the 2 & 3rd quarter. Collins has improved. Every one thought the move was stupid now people say he should start. Collins, Balkman, Lee would be beasts off the bench. As far as I'm concerned we can trade Frye and Robinson. The guards must GO.

Yeah, Frye has to go, he just doesn't fit & there just isn't enough PT for him, Balkman, Lee, and Jefferies (who I think we're stuck with). Balkman should come off the bench, much like Lee was doing before the injury. Collins should come off the bench, offensively he's almost as bad as Jefferies....

I think Lee has to start.

I think we're going to have to give up Nate in a deal with Frye, to get rid of Francis. At this point I don't even care if we get anything useful out of the deal, I really think expiring contracts, draft picks, it doesn't matter....It would be addition by subtraction......

My Offseason Wishlist:
    Joe Johnson (ATL)
    Gerald Wallace (CHA)

Atlanta's pretty dumb, so we can probably get Joe Johnson for JCraw, Nate and JJ20 (the salaries just about match up)...

Cha. isn't interested in spending beacoup dollars... so if GWall's asking price is too high... we could prolly swing a sign and trade...

if we can't get them... then our lineups should be:

steph, crawford, balkman, frye, curry

Bench:
    collins, nate, dlee, Malik, morris

Limited play time:
    jj13, francis, jj20

this way we get contrasting styles between our first and second units... and hustlers backing up our starters...

don't think it will ever happen but i'd love to have joe johnson. he's exactly what the knicks need. he's a great scorer with an awesome 3 point shot. plays good defense and has playmaking ability.