Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A realistic discussion on the Knicks.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    I'm not gonna reiterate anything about the players because I mostly agree with Metro and GetReal... I also think Frye could develop into an Okur type big who knocks down open shots provided he can keep his confidence up...

outside of the usual roster requests (shooter, defensive 3)... I think we need subtle changes in the coaching/management group...

I would move Isiah back to President of bball ops... Bring in Jerry West as a team consultant or GM... This way... we get Mr. Basketball helping to inform Isiah about his trades/free agent signings and both are great talent scouts (West oversaw the 00 - 02 Laker dynasty)...

I would also move Herb to Head Coach again and let him build with this group... he is the only member of the coaching staff who has been with the Knicks through all this madness... and he managed 39 wins with less talent than Isiah and LB had...

this stops the endless coaching carousel and provides some consistency for the players and Isiah's front office moves would be as well thought out and tempered as his post game conferences...

These moves won't make any real headlines (maybe West would), but it is very similar to the route Toronto and Jersey (both Atlantic division rivals) took back to respectability...
    Exactly.

Why can't Isiah be like Jerry or Thorn? No more Francises, Currys or Crawfords...Lets get more guys like Raja Bell, Anthony Parker, Jose Calderon, Andres Nicioni, etc.

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Exactly.

Why can't Isiah be like Jerry or Thorn? No more Francises, Currys or Crawfords...Lets get more guys like Raja Bell, Anthony Parker, Jose Calderon, Andres Nicioni, etc.
    Yeah, Metro...You mean players that may not be gifted athletes, but have hi BBall IQ, kind of like the Knicks in the early 90s did, not the circus act we have now that kills chemistry like Nate and Franchise. I wish we had guys like that.

Veteran

Originally Posted by eastlinykfan
    Yeah, Metro...You mean players that may not be gifted athletes, but have hi BBall IQ, kind of like the Knicks in the early 90s did, not the circus act we have now that kills chemistry like Nate and Franchise. I wish we had guys like that.

yessss... unfort. other then a draft choice, we have little chance to change the makeup of this years team.. i highly doubt It will be able to do a sign and trade for any of the upcoming free agents... no body wants our dog-duty...

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by paris401
    yessss... unfort. other then a draft choice, we have little chance to change the makeup of this years team.. i highly doubt It will be able to do a sign and trade for any of the upcoming free agents... no body wants our dog-duty...
    Do you think Barnum and Bailey might want them as a sideshow during their Showboating routine? Oh wait, they already left town...No luck

Veteran

Do you think Barnum and Bailey might want them as a sideshow during their Showboating routine? Oh wait, they already left town...No luck
    **** i'd pay the airfare to get rid of burger-king,franchise,and jefferies... who by the way needs a nickname.. any ideas???

Nyk Logo

**** i'd pay the airfare to get rid of burger-king,franchise,and jefferies... who by the way needs a nickname.. any ideas???
    I got one for IT: Mother Theresa. He is the most loving and kind man in the NBA for giving the likes of two JJs multi-million dollar deals. They probably would not even start in the DLeague, but you gotta feel the love and warmth of this humanitarians heart for these two bums. Imagine if IT was your father growing up? If you had a C- average in school he would buy you a brand new BMW! What a guy.
    Last edited by eastlinykfan; Apr 16, 2007 at 14:54. Reason: Left something out

Nyk Logo

How "Junior" for Junior Bacon Cheeseburger, but that might not work b/c they are on the dollar menu, too much of a bargain for him

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Co-sign with this post.