A realistic discussion on the Knicks.

metrocard

Legend
No "homers" or "haters"

Well, we're 31-44. I guess its better than 23 wins. Just sucks Chicago has our draft pick again this year, makes me think if Curry was worth it all.

The first point I want to make is I believe individual efforts do not become winning basketball. That is what people do not get. they are grasping at any good game from a young player as if its going to translate to wins next year. We need some kind of infussion , major changes, something. Maybe a new coach.

Secondly, we should realize by now that Collins and Balkman can play. Mardy Collins is already the best decision maker on this team arguably, he knows where the ball should go, always under control and composed, and he's been able to get to the basket, he looks just infinitely more confident by each game. Balkman's energy reminds me of Sprewell's, though are very different players

Curry has 33 turn overs over 6 games. That's 5.5 TOs per game. 16 over the last 2 games...I like Curry's ability to score, but I can't see us winning games with Eddy as the primary option. He gives up too many posessions offensively and defensively. I mean, if Curry was averaging 27 points per game on 4 turnovers a game, I wouldn't have a problem with him. But its 18 points per game in alot of minutes, and he's among the league leaders in TO's, you feel me? Not a good sign. I hope Curry works on passing out of double teams. It would really improve our offense so much, thats what I'm looking foward to next season...hopefully it works out.

The last topic I want to topic about is our starters Frye and Jefferies. Jeff was brought here to be a defensive stopper. But I don't know how many times Jaric was left wide open. Jefferies is poor offensively, and average at best defensively. I don't know what Jefferies is better at than Balkman. I haven't seen it, so I don't know why he's starting over Balkman, especially when our season is over. Atleast give the kid starter experience.

Frye...is suppose to be a jumpshooter...but he isn't hitting his shots. Just like how Jefferies is suppose to be a defender, but doesn't defend well.

Well, share your points here...

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
First of I'd like to say, this is a well thought out post. I don't think we need major upheval though. I think we have to give the core guys time to learn from the mistake of missing the playoffs. It will sting to know that they could've decided the own fate and left it on the table. That will hopefully translate into guys hitting the gym to develop their shooting, working on defensive rotations or footwork. Guys here are good players. I agree with you that Balkman is outstanding. He's got some Gerald Wallace type game (Hard rebounder, defends well, goes to the basket).

Curry literally has the weight of the world on his shoulders. He has to try to fill in for a hall of famer in the Mecca of Basketball. Not an enviable task. You can see that Curry is pressing. He feels responsible to prove that Isiah didn't make a mistake by bringing him in. That's hard for anyone, even harder when your 24. The pressure is getting to him. The off season will tell what Curry is made of. He has to go develop his rebounding, timing and footwork. If he does those things, he'll be well on his way to becoming one of the best centers in the Association.

Jeffries should be a bench player or moved. With the emergence of Balkman, Jeffries is only stealing minutes. Frye doesn't have the "ferocity" to be a starter. The same thing could've been said about a reformed "soft forward" in Toronto named Chris Bosh. I think the similarities are there. Frye just has to want it. This is where management needs to sit him down outline a plan with him. If he feels like he can't deliver, he should be moved. That's my 2 cents. I hope guys challenge themselves to get better.

nixrool

Rookie
Huge Knick fan. Disappointed about the ending of our season. Injuries certainly had a lot to do with our demise, but not everything. We certainly have some flaws to address and I hope Isiah is able to address those. Despite these flaws, I am already excited about the prospect of next year (I think I might say that every year, but I mean it more this time). In order for next year to be a success, the players need to work hard to specific areas of their games and I hope they have the drive to do that!
CURRY- If someone said Curry would avg 19 and 7 this year and be considered for an all-star selection, we would have all taken it and be excited. I agree with dr. carpy- he needs to work on passing out of double teams, rebounding, timing (blocks and rebounding), and footwork. A 7-10 foot jump shot would help, as Isiah has said. He really has a nice shot (see 3 point shot last night), great form, soft touch.

Frye-needs to work on post up game to complement his outside touch. has to work on becoming more aggressive and becoming better around the basket. Needs to improve rebounding and shot blocking as well. if he doesn't, he will not become what we hope he will.

Lee- maintain his high energy level (no doubt he will). needs to improve defense and continue to improve his post up skills (tends to get ball stripped in traffic). consistenly hit 15 foot jump shot!

Balkman- improve jump shot, otherwise love his energy and athleticism.

Crawford- how do we make him a pure shooter- that would be ideal! Needs to cut down on turnovers, is very careless with the ball. Also, needs to have the mindset of not taking bad shots and make effort to drive to the basket as often as possible

Robinson- probably a bench player for his career. he is one of our best shooters, provides energy off the bench. needs to work on cutting down turnovers and making better decisions on the floor

Jeffries- I agree with Metrocard- he was brought here for his defense and I am not overly impressed with it. I do however believe that b/c of his injury and then suspension, he was never able to get into the flow of the season. He has shown signs of being a scrappy player who gets his hands on the ball, creates deflections, gets some blocks and rebounds. Needs to learn how to shoot (free throws and jump shot). Has counter clockwise spin- never a good sign

Marbury- needs to heal and continue to build off of what he did this year. Like steph more than ever

Collins- MUST BE ABLE TO HIT 10-20 FOOT JUMP SHOT CONSISTENTLY. Very impressed with ability to drive to the basket and create. A consistent jump shot will only help that aspect of his game.

Richardson- not sure what to say. I'd actually like the knicks to use him in the post more often. He needs to work with the strength and conditioning coach to improve his fitness, core strength, flexibility to help him get over his back injuries

Francis- don't want him here- dominates the ball too much, high turnovers, not what he once was

Rose- keep him here as long as he never plays and is just a clubhouse guy. Love his energy but don't love his skills!

I think we need to get a pure shooter- someone who consistently will hit open shots. this will allow Eddy and possibly Q, or C Frye to become better post players because teams won't be able to easily double team. As of now, they double Eddy and we have no answer b/c we have jeffries, balkman, collins, lee, rose, etc

Untradeables: I would love to build around: lee, curry, balkman, frye (i think you will agree with this after next year, he is a very hard worker and I bet he patches up his game this offseason!) I would trade crawford for a pure shooter any day.

All I could think of right now. Maybe some replies will get me thinking of other things to say.

This was my first post. Love the knicks and just hope they can win one championship in my lifetime!!!

paris401

Starter
i will never understand why IT brought this guy in. yes he was injuired and suspended for part of the season, but he has been healthy and playing for a while now, and the only word that comes to mind is ... he sucks.. ok two words.

going forward if he is our starting forward, i don't see how we move up to the next level 'elite'... ok two or 3 steps up...

if we look at other teams who are in the playoff's, i don't think jefferies would be a starter on any of them. he's just not that good of a "D" player to overcome his total lack of "O"..

as to qrich.. i liked his game earlier in the season before his back became an issue... usually when u have a back like qrich it is chronic condition.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i like jefferies, he does things that dont show up on the stat sheet, right now im currently liking him more than frye, as of right now, frye has got to go

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
I think the only reason Curry is averaging only 18 PPG is because he just started playing well and dominating (on a scorer's point) during the 2nd half of the season. And when I say 2nd half, i mean sometime after the first 35-40 games of the season, and not after the all star break. He probably averages around 22-24 PPG had he been playing the way he has since the start of the season. And I think the numerous turnovers lately can be attributed to him getting even more touches due to the ever growing number of starters getting injured. Overall I think he's definitely on the right direction. He just really has to improve on rebounding and defending. And of course passing out of the double team. He should watch tapes of how Shaq does it.

I agree with nixrool on Frye. I've been thinking about it all season long. He should also have a post game.

So far I'm still not impressed with Jefferies. I think it was an overrated acquisition for his "defense".

We have to admit that Collins and Balkman indeed were much much better than we had anticipated.

On an overall standpoint I don't think any major changes are needed for the Knicks. But if we could land a bonafide superstar/all-star then why not, especially someone who could infuse more defense into the team.

starksfor3

Rookie
The Knicks need a new trainer and better coaches. Injuries are a lack of conditioning and the coaching staff does not do a good job a fully developing players. Case in point, Mark Aguirre taught Eddy Curry how to post up, but what about expanding his game to facing up to score (which would cut down on the double teams), rebounding on both ends and defending the goal? We should hire Patrick Ewing to work with Curry.

The Knicks need a good shooting coach too. Allan Houston would be a good choice, if he does not come back to play. We need to get better from the line, which cost us several games this season.

Lastly, we need to move Jerome James & Steve Francis for draft picks. There is no value in cutting them, but no one will give us value for these two.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
As for Jeffries....I agree with what someone said about likin his game more than frye. I like Jareds length and ability to defend multiple positions. At times he has looked like a great defender. I f he can do this more consistently he'' be deserving of maybe 20 to 25 minutes a game. But I also agree with metrocard about balkmen deserving the playing time and chance to develop. We really did not need jeffries even though i think he'll eventually be an excellent defender, so will balkmen. We're probably stuck with him for now so unfortunately balkmen will have to wait a couple of years unless q rich or someone goes down again. I think channing frye has looked like a piece of shit. I believe he can eventually become a good player and that he has a nice jumpshot but he does not believe in himself. Trade him, Lee is better.

Starks

Starter
$30 million for Jeffries, $60 million total because of salary cap's luxury tax.

(That doesn't show up on the box scores either huh?)

Umm yea, so for the luv of God, lets quit applauding this expensive peice of shit. The most valuable thing he's done all season is chase after a few Denver Nuggets. Other than that, what does Jarred fukin Jeffries bring to the table that can't be found anywhere else? Any tall lanky guy can do what he does and more- just draft one, theres a million JJ clones out there in the world. There called "scrubs", or "benchwarmers". I kid u not- they really are out there for about 90% cheaper!!!!!!

paris401

Starter
$30 million for Jeffries, $60 million total because of salary cap's luxury tax.

(That doesn't show up on the box scores either huh?)

Umm yea, so for the luv of God, lets quit applauding this expensive peice of shit. The most valuable thing he's done all season is chase after a few Denver Nuggets. Other than that, what does Jarred fukin Jeffries bring to the table that can't be found anywhere else? Any tall lanky guy can do what he does and more- just draft one, theres a million JJ clones out there in the world. There called "scrubs", or "benchwarmers". I kid u not- they really are out there for about 90% cheaper!!!!!!

"EXACTLY".... i was watching the suns game today, and one of the announcers said the suns did a smart thing last winter in signing barbosa for 5 years at 33m.

now i understand barbosa is a guard and jefferies is a... well not sure what he is... but what a great signing of a player with lots of upside... and at reasonable $$$..

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
eddy curry: keep improving on your freethrow skills, and practice working outof the double team, i think doing that this summer is more important than working on his face up game, because if you outsmart your double team its gunna lead to easy buckets the same way an 10 foot jumpshot would do. In doing so his turnovers will be cut down.

Crawford: get healthy, work hard on your defense, and work on your driving and dishing as well as your driving and scoring, he has boatloads of talent, and its not all scoring talent, hes young and has alot of heart, he needs to be strong defensively out on the perimeter. Continue chemistry not only with eddy curry, but other young big men, frye and lee and balkman.

Collins/ Balkman: both have so much upside, collins showed it alot later than balkman did but all the same. they both need to work on their jump shooting, i think balkman needs to work on his shooting closer in than mardy does. collins needs to be a little more careful with the turnovers, and balkman with all his energy needs to learn when to take it himself, and when to get it to a guard, i see him alot get worked up then come to a stop and have no where to go but turn it over. I love both these guys though, and it makes me laugh to know ppl laughed when we drafted them.

Lee: get healthy, and develop chemistry with the team, and work on a low post presence, that will only help curry score easy buckets, and open up shots out on the perimeter. keep up the hustle and rebounding.

Rose: keep him and use him to give you a 15 foot scoring option and veteran know how, shouldnt get more than 10 minutes a game, barring any injuries.

Richardson: I liked how marbury and him got along when they played i heard they got into it last season, but they showed they can play well together, and he is a great three point threat, and can play defense on tough guys like kobe and mccgrady and wade. he needs just to get healthy and just work harder on the things he does best, shoot and tough defender.

Frye: i dont know about him anymore, it seems like he is constantly settling for jump shots, and long ones at that. his rebounding suffers cause he shoots those long range shots, and I am at a loss for what he really brings to this team, i dont know weather to get rid of him or work with him.

Nate: he will eventually learn that he is in the NBA and its a business where hard work and sacrafice pay off. he seems a little nba immature with the eating fast food before games and practicing half court shots all practice. Lately he has shown that he can score and play a well controlled game, he need to cut down on the turnovers and know when to turn it on and when to slow it down and pound it to eddy, i think this summer will do wonders for his basketball knowlege.

Francis: i dont know he is constanly dribbling the ball and turning it over way to much, i dont see him fitting on this team, and i hope he does well wherever he goes, or decides to retire or whatnot.

James and Cato: I dont know what to say I like Cato as a person and maybe as a practice guy or a guy to pick up fouls but jerome james is just sloppy all around, he almost like a laughing stock of the NBA, he comes in and just shoots whenever he gets a chance no matter what and hes just clumsly, i cant stand jerome james on this team.

Marbury: Ive followed him my whole life and this 2nd half of the season is some the most controlled best basketball i have ever seen him play, he was low on turnovers, he took over games, he defended very well, and he just gave it everythign he had, and i believe with everybody healthy were in the playoffs, maybe even the 7th seed looking to make some 1st round noise. He hopefully will condition and get healthy, and i look for the chemistry to be better than ever.

Isiah Thomas: I think you did a decent job this year, i think you have great respect for your players and in return they have the respect for you, i hope you continue to strive for the best outta them, and i think he will. for some reason he seems just like he is so thought out in everything he does, nothing is unexpected, its hard to explain. I think the knicks will be better than this year if he can his players to stay healthy.

Jefferies: i dont know, maybe he can prove himself with a summer with the team and no injuries/suspensions.

i hope i didnt lull anybody to sleep with the long ass post.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I completely agree w/ u about erething u said. If we can get a shooter in the offseason it would be the best move the knicks could do 4 this franchise. I'm really expecting the knicks (if they dont go crazy w/ trades in the offseason) to improve and be a playoff team if they can stay healty & I think our chemistry will be one of the best in the NBA.

paris401

Starter
I completely agree w/ u about erething u said. If we can get a shooter in the offseason it would be the best move the knicks could do 4 this franchise. I'm really expecting the knicks (if they dont go crazy w/ trades in the offseason) to improve and be a playoff team if they can stay healty & I think our chemistry will be one of the best in the NBA.

so next year we should be competing for a title... cool...can't wait...

GetRealistic

Starter
I'm with everybody that we will be much improved next year, and a lock for a playoff team, but lets not kid ourselves and say were a title contender.

As far as the things i like on this squad..

Despite everybody i really think Eddy Curry is going to continue to get better. He doesn't rebound but when we have healthy Lee, Balkman and Richardson in the lineup you can get away with him not being a monster on the boards. He deffinately has a few things to work on. He needs to atleast be a presence defensively, I'm not asking for an all NBA defensive guy just a guy when guards pentrate have to worry about. I want him to average 1.5 blocks a game. He's got the agility to atleast be a shot changer. As far as his turnovers and passing. I really think that can be worked on and atleast be improved allittle. He and the rest of the team need to realize how important reposting is. Kick it in to Curry then he can kick it back out to the guards, get deeper position and recieve the ball much lower in the post. I know the guy is turnover prone but his numbers weren't as drastically bad until guys like Crawford and Q Rich went down. With those two on the court the doubles and triples can't always come because you have two decent 3 point shooters standing on the perimeter.

Lee, Balkman, Collins.

The only three guys who coulda made the roster on the old knicks squad. The all hustle, rebound, play defense and just overall are smart players. The only thing the three of these players are missing is jumpshots. If Lee and Balkman could develop that middle range jumper they can be extremly dangerous players. I really think Lee can devolop a jump shot similiar to Charles Oakley at the end of his career. By the end of Oaks career an open 15 footer was money in the bank.

Collins needs to devolop that medium range jumper, along with a jumper allittle deeper. I can really see Collins devoloping into a more atheltic Eric Snow. If you remember Eric Snow in his prime with the sixers was a very strong player.

Crawford- I'm not in love with the guy and if the right trade was availabe i would certainly consider it. But all that said i figure hell be here for a long time. I really think he can be a solid 6th man. He and Curry have great chemistry which is a plus, not to mention the fake he has a knack for the dramatic. You can't teach clutch play and he does it.

Marbury- I've gone on record before saying i'm not a fan of this guy. Hes jjust not a winner and at times doesn't seem motivated. He'll play a great game then dissappear and make a bad turnover or shot at the end of the game.( IE: missing that freethrow against Seattle... theres no excuse for that, you want to be a big time player and a team leader you make that freethrow). All that said hes been great the second half of the season. So this is why i propose trading him. He's getting older makes a ton of money and his stock will never be higher then after this season. Who will take him i have no idea but if u look hard enough you may find a deal for a vetern point with a high expiring salary, and a draft pick that can back up Mardy Collins.

Q- When healthy was a big time player this year. Will he ever be healthy a full season? probably not. We're stuck with him due to a high salary and injury problems. Just need to hope he stays fairly healthy.

Jeffries, James, Rose-

Stuck with them till there contracts run out. Jefferies atleast is getting slightly better as the season progresses. Hopefuly he can atleast be a contributer next year.

Francis- Do i even need to say it. If anybody still wants him on this team they-re nuts

Nate- I like him some nigts, and despise him others. If he's needed as a throw in in a potential trade i would gladly let him go. But if he stays he does and some positives to the team.

Fyre- This guy is softer then Charmane toliet paper. We don't need a 7 footer shooter perimeter jumpers. But the positive is. Hes young, has some potential and some team may be willing to take a shot on him. I would gladly trade him. With Lee and Balkman on the team i'd much rather him them filling those minutes.

Potential Offseason moves- Carter, Lewis, Ray Allen, KG

Obviously KG is the guy we want and need. Unfortunately i don't see him ever asking for a trade and leaving Minnesota.

I want nothing to do with Vince Carter or Rashard Lewis. Carter completely gave up on his team in Toronto, is in love with the 3 ball and just not a guy we need on this team. Lewis reminds me of a more consistant Tim Thomas. The guy can score but do we need another 6-10 3 point shooter who plays no defense.

The guy i want and think we could seriously land is Ray Allen. He's a top 5 shooter in this league (which we need more then anything). He's a vetern, he plays decent defense, and has been on winning teams. I wouldn't say its a deffiante or anything but maybe packaging some of our Seattle guys could land him.

My hopeful lineup for a solid playoff team next year.

Mardy Collins
Ray Allen
JJ
David Lee
Eddy Curry

Bench depending on trades and what not

Crawford or Nate (one goes to seatle)
Morris
this years draft pick
Balkman

And oh yea learn to make free throws this offseason

paris401

Starter
GetRealistic ... good post... agree with it all xcept 'starbury', and even here i agree with most of your comments.. but... he has 2 years left for 42m.. and while i too feel he has elevated his game (espec. his " D ") in the 2nd half of the season, i do not see a contender out there who will take his bloated contract, and a non-contender will want nothing to do with his 42m.

i think he stays...

kej718

Rookie
This team lost 4 of it's top 5 scorers and 2 best rebounder's, and still plays hard every night. They have lost a lot of games but many of them were close. The loss of Crawford hurt them in the 4th quarter because he was there go to guy. The good thing about this season if anything is that we got to see what this team and some players like Collins and Balkman are capable of. We play very well against the top teams like Dallas and Detroit but don't show up against teams like Boston or Charlotte.:gony:

Next years team:
Eddy Curry C(Defense must improve)
David Lee F(Defense must improve, and he needs to work on that jumper)
Renaldo Balkman F:peace:
Malik Rose F (He does the little things that can help you win games, and can score and pass to Curry)
Quentin Richardson GF(Just stay healthy:crossfingers:)
Jared Jeffries GF(Free throws must improve, and should try to drive to the basket more)
Jamal Crawford SG(Defense must improve, could pass very well:thumbsup: )
Stephon Marbury PG(Just stay healthy:crossfingers: with Collins and Nate he does not has to play so many minutes every night)
Nate Robinson G (Defense must improve along with turnovers)
Mardy Collins PG:peace: (Did not realize how good of a player he was till the last couple of games, would like to see him and Crawford on the court together in the 4th quarter)

We should trade:
Steve Francis PG(Not needed)
Channing Frye FC(He's to soft to play for a NY team:agreed: )
Jerome James FC:)barf: what a waste, hopefully he comes in shape next season)
Randolph Morris FC (Have not seen him play)

I don't know if these guys are enough to get a guy like Jermaine O'Neal, but he would be a great addition to this team. To get a guy like him we would probably have to give up a guy like Lee or Balkman but that is not something I think Isaih would or should be giving up.:gony:

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
breakdown of our team

im gonna be honest... comin into this season i thought we were a lock for the playoffs. i know its wrong to make excuses for the team but i think the only reason were not make the post season is injuries. everytime we had something going good it would just crumble for us. crawford showing us he is mr clutch and his chemistry with curry, david lee playing simply amazing, q-rich finding his outside shot after struggling last year, marbury playing prolly his best overall season of his career, francis showing in CERTAIN GAMES why he was once an nba superstar. even balkman sidelined tonite. n now all these players with the exception of curry are sittin on the sideline during the biggest games of the year.

dont get me wrong, even when we were healthy against teams we shoulda beat by 20+pts n came out with no desire to win. thats another big reason on why our playoff chances arent lookin too great.

ive seen isiah make his share of mistakes on the sidelines but all and all the way him and the players respect each other is definatly what we need. his job as a gm is a different story. i know hes made his share of bad contract signings with free agents, but i think most of the trades and his great history of draft picks definatly overshadows it. im not sayin the guys a miracle worker im sayin he's not half as bad as the media and a lot of u make him out to be.

as far as the players, ill go some what in order on who i think has played the best basketball this season...

marbury- (not including the 1st 25 games or so) he has proved to a lot of haters why he makes the money he makes. he proved he can play solid defense against some of the best offensive players in the league. he definatly has improved his 3 point shot. i think he's matured on and off the court. he's taken over the roll of a floor general to the best of his ability. his only problem is sometimes he waits to long in the game before trying to get involved offensivly.

lee- he had some season. candidate for most improved and 6th man awards in my book. ive never seen a player hustle more than he did this year. he is a monster on the glass. hes a great passer. he seems to only take high percentage shots. very good desicion maker. his one weakness is that mid-range jumper. but he has all offseason to work on that. with his desire to win i expect to see improvement in his jumper by the begining of next year.

curry- after this season i can kinda see why they call him baby shaq. the guys a beast. he improved a lot of aspects of his game but still has plenty of things he needs to learn. not many people can stop him when he gets the ball down low. hes got soft hands for a big man. hes slightly improved his rebounding skills. he still doesnt dominate the paint the way a guy his size should. he cant pass out the double team for shit. he has to work on his free throws. his defense is weak. and he needs to continue to learn how to stay outta foul trouble.

crawford- 52 pts shows just how good jamal crawford can be.. when he catches fire teams r definatly in for a long nite. hes one of the most clutch players ive saw in a while. how many buzzer beaters he have this year? n that alley-oop pass 2 curry to win the game was one of the plays of the year. he tends to shoot too much but i cant blaim himcuz when hes on hes on. i will blaim him for his awful shot selection. ill blaim him 4 his awful defense. those r 2 parts aaron gotta get down. i wouldnt trade him because who else is gonna hit the game winning 3 pointer when currys fouled out. i like the way thoze 2 play 2gether.. i dont know why u would wanna seperate them.

balkman- he definatly shut up the fans that were booin @ the draft. he brings more energy onto the court then anyone. he plays his ass off on defense. hes all over the court fightin 4 every loose ball. hes a new yorker. kid can dunk.. he doesnt have a jumpshot. still makes rookie mistakes but overall i would not trade him. im glad isiah didnt chance it and take marcus williams instead

richardson- he picked his game up big time this season. hes got one of the best 3's in the game. he plays solid defense. and he even knows how 2 post up. he gets a lotta technical fouls. his back wont be 100% any time soon. id try to ship him out during the offseason. if a team needs a 3point shooter who knows who we could get in return.

robinson- clyde said it b4... nate is great. he just makes some of the worst decisions on the team. he plays like hes playin streetball. but the kids so strong n talented id hate 2 see him go. im not sayin hes untouchable. its just hes a really fun player to watch. i love the energy he brings off the bench. hes got a 3 point shot he just needs to learn to realize when hes off. needs to play some dam defense. n he needs to cut back on the turnovers.

frye- the 1st guy we picked a few years ago n yet hes playin worse than any other sophmore on our squad. his jumpshot is water. but his defense is terrible @ best. he needs 2 learn how to b more aggressive and block some shots. at his size he should be rebounding the ball a lot more. hes heavy on his feet. but hes a great pick n roll player. but all n all sorry 2 say it but i think we should trade him

collins- i didnt think much of him the begining of the season but now that hes been gettin some minutes mardys definatly earned my respect. hes great at settin up the offense. hes a great passer n ballhandler. he can rebound pretty good for a guard. and one of his best abilities is clearly his defense. he needs to cut back on the turnovers if he wants to earn some serious minutes when our starters get back. he needs to improve his free throw shootin as well as a jumpshot. but i think we need a player like him for the future, dont trade him

francis- i dont think he'll ever be as good as he was. he shows spurts of what hes capable of. most out of control player on the team. sub-par outside shot. still good @ gettin into the paint. great free throw shooter. ridiculous amount of turnovers. if possible trade him.

jeffries- not a great 1st season in ny thats 4 sure. his defense was above average. i like how he'll throw down for his team-mates. hes good at put backs off of rebounds. hes a bad shooter any where else on the court including the free throw line. dont know why he was startin over lee. wouldnt mind givin him the begining of next season to prove himself. dont know what we could get 4 him so dont know if we should keep him.

rose- b4 the season i thought he sucked n deserved zero minutes. he proved himself throughout the season. hes got a better jumpshot then i remember. hes good on the boards. past his prime. he brings experiance to the bench. dont know why isiah has him playing as our backup center. turnover prone. but i like how he gives every ounce of effort while hes on the court.

james- prolly the worst move isiashs made since being gm. he was fooled from that playoff series b4 we signed him. jeromes got ballz of steal puttin up as many shots as he does when hes playin. hes a decent low post player, hes decent on the boards, n decent blockin shots. but the thing is ive seen 70 year old men in better shape then him. i dunno whos gonna take him with that contract but id try somethin

cato- didnt see much of him this year. i dunno why. sad to say but hes prolly our best shot blocker. i dunno who would lose in a race, him or jerome james. i woulda gave him a lil more minutes during some games to try n prove himself because i forgot the last time i saw him on the court

morris- only saw him in 2 games and surprised the hell outta me when he just showed up in a knick uniform. i look 4ward to the summer league to see what hes capable of.

well the knicks just lost to detroit and our season is everything but over. im a lil let down after watchin as many games as i did but i cant say they disappointed. i dont remember ever seein as many buzzer beaterz and come back victories in one season. they played some great games, they played some poor games. i feel like if we can stay healthy next season and give 100% all 82 games durin the regular season then theres no reason we shouldnt make some noise in the east. either way ill still behind my team ballin out in the orange n blue

Toons

is the Bo$$
Fine tune

I think that the main things our team needs to work on is free throws and assists, i believe we have a good squad, and criticizing everyone weakneses dosent help the team, each ones individual strengths make the team. crawfords d is improving, and if we have a player at the 3 spot who is lengthy they can cover crawfords slip ups on their defensive sets, different story tho, as i was saying, we lost 17 games this season by 10 or less points this season, each of those games, we missed 10 or more freethrows collectively. The knicks are 4 spots above last in free throw percentage. this leads me to believe that if 5 players hit 2 more free throws, 17 more games would have gone into overtime, or the outcome might not have turned out in an L. Another point is assists, marbury is NOT a point guard....dispite his size, even tho steph isnt small, we need a pass first pg, forget ray allen, we need a luke ridnour on our team, some kind of pass first pg, who can hit the 3, who's free throw percentage is a knack away from 90%, late in the game, when curry is our option, who is our safe men to knock down big free throws? every player who shoots a free throw has my heart in my throat, we need a crowd cooler at the end of the games. we also win 20% of our games when our opponent scores 100+ but we win 60% when we score 100 pluss, we need sharper passes, a pg (nate, francis an marbs are 2 guards) better free throw shooting, heart....a lot of times, heart is the difference between a w and an l.

If we had hit our FREE THROWS, we might have won at least 50% of the 17 games we lost off of bad shooting at the charity stripe, thats another 8 w's under the knick belt. I say keep the squad we have, nothing i mentioned just now exceeds the capacity of any of our players. KNICK IN 07-08