You are right Starks, but its Malik he is not the leader of the team. I think Marbury should be interviewed, He's a vet. 30 years of age I want to see his views.
i feel some of u guys are being to hard on the knicks..
yes we missed the playoffs, but we have something no other team in the nba can claim... the largest payroll...
You know it kills me how so many people give Isiah a pass every year. Yet, no matter what changes were made every year, the one thing that has stayed constant, and that's Isiah and that's why this team will never win.
1) Trades for KVH for TT and Nazr, right when the Knicks we gelling and the team tanks.
2) Hires Lenny Wilkens as the Coach and fires him before the season ends and signs Crawford by giving Chicago every expiring contract that we had.
3) Makes the brilliant trade dealine moves to bring in those difference makers Malik Rose and M Taylor and uses one of the very guys he traded for the prior season when he threw the monkey wrench into the spokes.
4) Goes out and gets that big man that the Knicks need, Jerome James and gives hima 5 year contract.
6) Hires Larry Brown and looks like Finally he has done something right but fires him at the end of the year because he thought that he could do a better job.
7) During the same off season gets Eddy Curry and gives away 2 lottery picks for him.
8) Get's Steve Frances so now the Knicks make half their team small guards who like to dominate the ball. Uses Trevor Ariza, a young swing man that plays D and Penny's exipring contract to bring in another HUGE contract.
9) Ballons the Knicks to the largest payroll in NBA history and can't make the playoffs for 3 years in a row!
Does anyone remember when KVH was here, the Knicks were actually wining?!?! If you remember, after the Marbury trade, they started to gel and was wining and looked dominate at times. Isiah makes trades just to make trades. There is no rhym or reason to his moves. He looks lost as a GM and his strength is drafting, yet he has traded away the last 3 years of draft picks but to his credit, he has drafted well. If Dolan was smart, he would retain Isiah as a scout and hire West as a GM. Let Herb coach through these next few years while the knicks try to recover from the wrath of Isiah.
I don't think Isiah's ego will allow him to stay on as merely a scout... he'd probably accept being placed as GM with West as President... I think Dolan might have made the right move by saying he wanted Isiah's blessing... now he's backed IT into a corner by saying hey... you want to win so bad... let's bring in this guy and let you focus on coaching/GMing... good post...
Look at the jump Phoneix made 3 years ago. Isiah gave Phoneix cap room, which lead to PHX signing a possible 3 time NBA MVP.
^ all playoff teams with ****loads of potential to be the top elite teams in the East. Thanks to Isiah.
all you haters knicks did good job this year be cuz they was 5 best player outt
and now watch next year u will see were the knicks its gona be and i will see all thos hater wat now they hate knicks and next year to come and sey im real fan of knicks blah blah blah
knciks 4 lifeeeeeee
sorry about my language thats all i no to writ english.
It's all good man...you should be frustrated...I don't call them haters anymore ha, I call'em fakers cuz if they were fans then they wouldn't diss OUR team better than some heat and net fans...jump aboard some other teams if you keep crying those negative tears. Knicks for life...ride and like where we're going or get up out the car...1...and for the haters...I'd like you to read (if you can) the words below....thank you
Albo_knicks4life, you show your IQ when you start your post with "everyone is a hater". Why can't you just say, "no one will agree with me because I defend Isiah to the death, so you must be a hater if you don't follow my path of destruction."
You predicting next year is comical. This happend last year. People on my ignore list said the same childish bull you said last year, and look at where we are now. Even the year before, and the year before that. All you Isiahist blab the same bull every year. Atleast come up with new material with the propoganda you munch off.
hometheaterguy, these guys dont want to remember when KVH was when...or when we WERE winning. All they seem to care about is riding Isiah's boat till it sinks. Its been sinking for a while, I just can't wait till it hits hard like a Titanic.
I said this a long ass time ago. If Isiah didn't make half of his trades and let this team gel, and just drafted players and only trade he should of make was for expiring contracts...we would be in a GREAT position.
Yes, the Layden/Dolan regime put us way over the cap. But that was 3-4 years ago. It would of take 3-4 years to fix it. Isiah hasn't done. What makes you think he will 3-4 years from now? NOTHING.