Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Progress Defined- Playoffs Skips NYC Again

"youth, immaturity and inexperience."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thats Malik Rose's point of view on the season- (thats worst than anything I said)

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

You are right Starks, but its Malik he is not the leader of the team. I think Marbury should be interviewed, He's a vet. 30 years of age I want to see his views.

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    The New Jersey Nets of 01... 23 wins in 00 (with steph, Johnny Newman, KMart, Aaron Williams, Stephen Jackson)... 50 wins in 01 (JKidd, RJ, KVH, KMart, JCollins)...

but no team has done it with the same or similar cast...
    and not only had they made it into the playoffs but they reached the finals..
    it's true, with a whole different roster

Veteran

i feel some of u guys are being to hard on the knicks..

yes we missed the playoffs, but we have something no other team in the nba can claim... the largest payroll...

Originally Posted by donchris
    Last point: I pose this question to all Knicks fans. Name one team that came back from a historic failed season to make the play offs in a single year.
    What about Toronto this year? Didn't they only have 27 wins last year? Now they've won the Atlantic and are definitely a team on the rise. With Colangelo as their GM, look out for the Raptors in the future. I'm jealous. Hopefully the Knicks can pull that kind of turn around next year.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    What about Toronto this year? Didn't they only have 27 wins last year? Now they've won the Atlantic and are definitely a team on the rise. With Colangelo as their GM, look out for the Raptors in the future. I'm jealous. Hopefully the Knicks can pull that kind of turn around next year.
    Dont forget about Larry Brown. He did it also i think w/ philly- maybe spurs also.

Either way, its not uncommon for a bad team to bounce back into the playoffs. Clippers, Mavs... the list is endlist

You know it kills me how so many people give Isiah a pass every year. Yet, no matter what changes were made every year, the one thing that has stayed constant, and that's Isiah and that's why this team will never win.
    1) Trades for KVH for TT and Nazr, right when the Knicks we gelling and the team tanks.
    2) Hires Lenny Wilkens as the Coach and fires him before the season ends and signs Crawford by giving Chicago every expiring contract that we had.
    3) Makes the brilliant trade dealine moves to bring in those difference makers Malik Rose and M Taylor and uses one of the very guys he traded for the prior season when he threw the monkey wrench into the spokes.
    4) Goes out and gets that big man that the Knicks need, Jerome James and gives hima 5 year contract.
    6) Hires Larry Brown and looks like Finally he has done something right but fires him at the end of the year because he thought that he could do a better job.
    7) During the same off season gets Eddy Curry and gives away 2 lottery picks for him.
    8) Get's Steve Frances so now the Knicks make half their team small guards who like to dominate the ball. Uses Trevor Ariza, a young swing man that plays D and Penny's exipring contract to bring in another HUGE contract.
    9) Ballons the Knicks to the largest payroll in NBA history and can't make the playoffs for 3 years in a row!

Does anyone remember when KVH was here, the Knicks were actually wining?!?! If you remember, after the Marbury trade, they started to gel and was wining and looked dominate at times. Isiah makes trades just to make trades. There is no rhym or reason to his moves. He looks lost as a GM and his strength is drafting, yet he has traded away the last 3 years of draft picks but to his credit, he has drafted well. If Dolan was smart, he would retain Isiah as a scout and hire West as a GM. Let Herb coach through these next few years while the knicks try to recover from the wrath of Isiah.

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    You know it kills me how so many people give Isiah a pass every year. Yet, no matter what changes were made every year, the one thing that has stayed constant, and that's Isiah and that's why this team will never win.
    1) Trades for KVH for TT and Nazr, right when the Knicks we gelling and the team tanks.
    2) Hires Lenny Wilkens as the Coach and fires him before the season ends and signs Crawford by giving Chicago every expiring contract that we had.
    3) Makes the brilliant trade dealine moves to bring in those difference makers Malik Rose and M Taylor and uses one of the very guys he traded for the prior season when he threw the monkey wrench into the spokes.
    4) Goes out and gets that big man that the Knicks need, Jerome James and gives hima 5 year contract.
    6) Hires Larry Brown and looks like Finally he has done something right but fires him at the end of the year because he thought that he could do a better job.
    7) During the same off season gets Eddy Curry and gives away 2 lottery picks for him.
    8) Get's Steve Frances so now the Knicks make half their team small guards who like to dominate the ball. Uses Trevor Ariza, a young swing man that plays D and Penny's exipring contract to bring in another HUGE contract.
    9) Ballons the Knicks to the largest payroll in NBA history and can't make the playoffs for 3 years in a row!

Does anyone remember when KVH was here, the Knicks were actually wining?!?! If you remember, after the Marbury trade, they started to gel and was wining and looked dominate at times. Isiah makes trades just to make trades. There is no rhym or reason to his moves. He looks lost as a GM and his strength is drafting, yet he has traded away the last 3 years of draft picks but to his credit, he has drafted well. If Dolan was smart, he would retain Isiah as a scout and hire West as a GM. Let Herb coach through these next few years while the knicks try to recover from the wrath of Isiah.
    I never thought I'd say this but, I miss Don Chaney.

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy

you speak the truth bruh... i remember there were questions about steph and KVH gelling after their history in NJ... but they were winning... I always thought that was Isiah's dumbest move until giving away unprotected lottery picks in the Curry trade... could be Oden... could be Durant... Connelly...

I don't think Isiah's ego will allow him to stay on as merely a scout... he'd probably accept being placed as GM with West as President... I think Dolan might have made the right move by saying he wanted Isiah's blessing... now he's backed IT into a corner by saying hey... you want to win so bad... let's bring in this guy and let you focus on coaching/GMing... good post...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Starks
    Dont forget about Larry Brown. He did it also i think w/ philly- maybe spurs also.

Either way, its not uncommon for a bad team to bounce back into the playoffs. Clippers, Mavs... the list is endlist
    Basically every team Isiah has traded with, he has revived their Franchise.

Look at the jump Phoneix made 3 years ago. Isiah gave Phoneix cap room, which lead to PHX signing a possible 3 time NBA MVP.

Chicago
    Orlando
    Raptors

^ all playoff teams with ****loads of potential to be the top elite teams in the East. Thanks to Isiah.

all you haters knicks did good job this year be cuz they was 5 best player outt

and now watch next year u will see were the knicks its gona be and i will see all thos hater wat now they hate knicks and next year to come and sey im real fan of knicks blah blah blah

knciks 4 lifeeeeeee

sorry about my language thats all i no to writ english.

It's all good man...you should be frustrated...I don't call them haters anymore ha, I call'em fakers cuz if they were fans then they wouldn't diss OUR team better than some heat and net fans...jump aboard some other teams if you keep crying those negative tears. Knicks for life...ride and like where we're going or get up out the car...1...and for the haters...I'd like you to read (if you can) the words below....thank you

Veteran

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    It's all good man...you should be frustrated...I don't call them haters anymore ha, I call'em fakers cuz if they were fans then they wouldn't diss OUR team better than some heat and net fans...jump aboard some other teams if you keep crying those negative tears. Knicks for life...ride and like where we're going or get up out the car...1...and for the haters...I'd like you to read (if you can) the words below....thank you
    so please tell... how long do we have to wait for a winner???

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by paris401
    I dunno. It seems like these guys hate the Knicks. They support Isiah, cancer like players as in Crawful, Chubbs, Francis. Its like they want the Knicks to be like THIS forever, they're not accepting any change which shows a lot of hate, even for a Raptors fan. They never seem frustrated after consecutive terrible seasons led by Dolan/Isiah. The last 3 years, we had the same problems. Turnovers and defense. Its sad, they never seem to think as individuals, they just agree with Thomas/Dolan regime. Drop Crawford, Chubbs, Francis...this team is BIGGER than them. I can't imagine what they say next year.

Albo_knicks4life, you show your IQ when you start your post with "everyone is a hater". Why can't you just say, "no one will agree with me because I defend Isiah to the death, so you must be a hater if you don't follow my path of destruction."

You predicting next year is comical. This happend last year. People on my ignore list said the same childish bull you said last year, and look at where we are now. Even the year before, and the year before that. All you Isiahist blab the same bull every year. Atleast come up with new material with the propoganda you munch off.

hometheaterguy, these guys dont want to remember when KVH was when...or when we WERE winning. All they seem to care about is riding Isiah's boat till it sinks. Its been sinking for a while, I just can't wait till it hits hard like a Titanic.

I said this a long ass time ago. If Isiah didn't make half of his trades and let this team gel, and just drafted players and only trade he should of make was for expiring contracts...we would be in a GREAT position.

Yes, the Layden/Dolan regime put us way over the cap. But that was 3-4 years ago. It would of take 3-4 years to fix it. Isiah hasn't done. What makes you think he will 3-4 years from now? NOTHING.

Originally Posted by paris401
    Yo if I had that answer...I'd be just as good of a soothsayer as somebody else on this site....no names no names lol. Besides that question holds no relevance...I want to win now. What most people on this site must realize is that there is a difference in not liking where we are going with the current roster and hoping Isiah and Dolan fail so they'll get the boot. I want to win...I could careless who my GM is, but to win now... that would mean for Isiah to win now. And some of you don't want that. Some of you have true hate for the guy and that's not what being a KNICK FAN is all about. Me, personally, I could careless if you are a hater or a faker (no names no names) but just keep the negativity to yourself. When someone brings something negative then a childish bickermatch begins and no one wants to see that. It's prolly too late for some of the big mouths on here but Grown men will act grown and lil girls will for the most part be lil girls....or Net fans or heat fans...whatever you prefer lol. So the crossroad question I have to ask for some you Net fans or knick fans that call yourselves knick fans is this...Do you really want to see this team succeed with Isiah or do you want them to lose the next 2-3 years so Isiah will get fired?....that is all