Playoff Thread

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Whats the team thats winning it all, and post who will come out of each round. I will post the teams that will play each other when the season is over.
EAST
(1) PISTONS vs. (8) MAGIC
(2) CAVS vs. (7) WIZARDS
(3) RAPTORS vs. (6) NETS
(4) HEAT vs. (5) BULLS
WEST
(1) MAVS vs. (8) WARRIORS
(2) SUNS vs. (7) LAKERS
(3) SPURS vs. (6) NUGGETS
(4) JAZZ vs. (5) ROCKETS

Okay what are your predictions?

Last edited:

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Right now I'm taking the Suns to win it all.....Houston would be my sleeper in the west. In the East, I gotta pick Detroit, with Toronto as my sleeper...damn, the way it stands Toronto pretty much is getting a bye if they face Washington....

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I've got to go with the Mavs to win the west. I think we'll see a repeat of last year. Miami vs Dallas. Dallas to take it all.

nyKnicks126

For some reason I agree with you GS is the team to beat, because of Al, and Jackson. But I want and think that the Rockets are taking it this year.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
is anyone still watching the playoffs? i'm not that pumped about what's going on in the east, but the west is hot as hell. it happened before in 94, then in 99. the warriors are now one game from becoming the 3rd 8th seed team in NBA history ever to knock a first seed. the rockets are close as well of taking utah down

rady

Administrator
Staff member
First round is almost done, we already know 2 of the matchups

EAST

Detroit v Chicago

This one's going to be fun to watch. The Bulls are for the first time in the second round in the past 8 years. They have a great team plus that Big Ben is taking on his former team. On the other hand, the pistons have the playoff experience but i'm not sure if that's gonna help them. I say the Bulls will get Detroit in 6 games

Cleveland v New Jersey/Toronto (3-2)

Still have to wait for the fourth semifinalist to get here, but i assume it's going to be the Nets. Doesn't really matter, none of the nets or raptors stand a chance.

WEST

San Antonio v Phoenix

Both of them come after 4-1 wins and both of them have great teams. It would be difficult to predict a winner. I however think that the Suns' run & gun style will get them spurs in the conference finals. Suns in 6

Dallas/Golden State (2-3) v Houston/Utah (3-2)

In case the warriors make the surprise and they eliminate the mavs, they will move in the western conference semifinals without a doubt! If they lose tonight, they're done. I'd be sorry for them, they remind me so much of the 99 run!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Detroit already winning the second game too. Golden State fought well till the last second but lost the series opening by only 4 points

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, what a great game between the warriors and jazz! Those dunk were unreal!! Imagine if we still had barnes..
anyway, i'm currently downloading game 2 and 3, if anyone wants them, the torrents can be found @ www.sport-scene.net

nyKnicks126

Great game high scoring for the Warriors. I have noticed a new style by the Warriors, pushing the ball up court as quick as possible. Hey it's working. Great job by Don Nelson. I like that type of unique offense.

Im going to the Nets vs. Cavs game today. How's the parking down there?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This was probably the end for davis & co. However, they had a great run and extremely fun to watch series with both the mavs and the jazz
in the other semifinal, spurs are leading 2-1. the games were close so i'm not counting the suns out just yet.
in east things are pretty clear, most likely the pistons and the cavs will make the eastern finals