Dolan Would Only Contact West 'If Isiah Asked For It'

Dolan Would Only Contact West 'If Isiah Asked For It'
18th April, 2007 - 2:59 pm
Newsday -
Garden chairman James Dolan, speaking on WFAN Tuesday, said he would only contact Jerry West about joining the Knicks "if Isiah asked for it."

"I wouldn't say to Isiah, 'Hey, Isiah, Jerry's coming in and you've got to take it,'" Dolan said. "No, I would never do that. I made a commitment to Isiah," Dolan said. "And I made a commitment that the whole team feels, and a commitment to a strategy. And when you make a commitment, a commitment's a commitment." [READ]

Read it here

My question is West will be a good gm in NY? Seems to me that he didn't do shit in memphis.

GetRealistic

Starter
Look at his track record in LA. 3 Titles traded for Kobe. Also up until the last two seasons Memphis was a playoff squad. They didn't advance but getting a low budget team like that to the playoffs is something in my book.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
a team wit pau gasol and mike miller is not that bad to me, it was just injuries that killed them

Starks

Starter
Dolan, u friggin moron, last time i checked- u run the show. Stop pussyfooting around and try to win some creditability back. this is a no brainer.

Keep IT as coach if ur so in love with him- but give the desk job to someone who actually knows what they are doing and doesn't have 87% of the NBA laughing at him.

This is a simple no brainer. IT has had enough years to show us what hes capable of, and we can't even get to .500 in the worst Eastern Conference era will ever see. There simply comes a time where "moral victories" don't cut it anymore. SEE NY YANKEES/METS for more on that. As much as i hate the yankees, if we had steinberner runnign the show, we would have won a title years ago.

paris401

Starter
in the same interview on the fan, dolan sort of blamed this year on larry brown..

while i agree that brown sux'd last year, start taking some on the responsibility yourself ,cause you signed off to IT to hire him, and IT
signed off on the trades that were made...

Starks

Starter
Looks like this is a pipe dream. Thomas is on record sayin he doesnt have any use for West. He needs a "basketball player"

Way to go Jimmy. Keep rewarding failure. GODDAMN! I wish I had a boss like this. I think Dolan is just one of those pathetic rich kids that wants to be around Zeke cause it makes him feel cool or soemthing

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Why would West take over the GM job for a team that will totally handcuff him! Maybe in 3 years he would want the job, by why now? Also, if West comes in as GM, Isiah is gone!! So, I HOPE that they get him! We need a GM with a proven record for a change!!!

Dolan is a fucking moron..... just fire Isiah release Marbury,Francis and the rest garbage like Jerome James who only came to NYK because he loved the food. OMG!!!! so fucking pathetic.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Oh have times changed.....let's talk basketball instead of donating tears to Isiah. Last time I checked...half our starting lineup was on the bench injured. We definitely could have stayed in the playoff race or could have possibly made it. But when our best rebounder in Lee goes down then our best outside shooter...what much of a chance do we have? This is basketball folks...not rocket science...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
i think Dolan might have been trying to back IT into a corner so that he can keep him on as a scout/GM/Coach... IT's ego won't let him accept being a number 2 behind closed doors... so Dolan is making sure the public knows... if IT wants to win so bad... why not accept a proven winner... but Dolan ain't all that smart...

Allen

Benchwarmer
Hmmmm...whom to choose, West's history of success with Memphis versus Isiah's history of failure in NY...decisions, decisions...

I'd say fuck both them. I can probably do a better job!!!! Trade Marbury, Francis,Frey,Jeffries,Jerome James. Get O'neal,pure 3pt shooter,and a nice inside scorer.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
The last GM who had a success with the knicks was Grunfeld, you know why? Because we weren't in the hole cap-wise and now the almighty savior Jerry West is going to do better?? We all thought LB was going to take this team to the promised land in 3 years but he only managed to get only one more win than Jerry West this year. Face it...no GM is going to succeed here until we get some flexibility under the cap. Face the facts instead of putting the blame on someone...