Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And with the 24th Pick The New York Knicks select...

Superstar

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Getting Roy Hibbert would be money! Even though I'm showing a lil bias...Hoya for life
    Yea Hibbert would be a steal, but there is no chance he drops to 23.. none whatsoever... But even if He did, I don't know I kinda have a Jonez for this Sean Williams. Natural Shot Blocker whose going to go after everything. The Guards can play a little tighter on those 3 point shots (We really sucked big time on our perimeter defense) and if they attempted to come in ...SWAT. He is our man... I'm "blocked shot" whipped, I love him lol

ok is Maliks contracr expiring or not, last I checked it has two more seasons, but I thought at the start of the season it showed it coming of the books this year. If it is expiring then I'd make a deal w/ Sacramento to acquire Artest, I would throw Nate in to sweeten the deal

Veteran

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    Hey Paris... Malik's contract expires this off season... so if he re-signs for less, he'd be taking a pay cut to stay with the knicks... he won't get much wherever he ends up... but we could use him in the locker room...
    really... according to the nba, he is signed for 07-08 at 7.1m, and 08-09 at 7.6m...

where do u get your info that his contract is expired???

That's right. We still have 2 more years of Rose.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - updated, report any errors please

Thanks a lot IT, Chicago have the number 9 pick. Thank you for trading our draft pick for the defensively challenged Eddy Curry.

It's better than being Mephis or Boston. What does #9 in this years draft equal anyways? Maybe Corey Brewer, Joakim Noah, or Yi Jianlian? The Knicks pick 23, now let's collectively deal with it. Hoopshype.com has us taking one of these two guys.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Morris Almond

Or

Marcus Williams

Nyk Logo Shot Blocker or Shooter?

If u r GM who do u look 2 draft? Do u take (if available) Morris Almond shooter outta Rice or a Sean Williams outta BC? IMO u take the shooter since the Knicks are trying to bulid around Eddy Curry. If we had a 2nd round pick I would take Williams in a heart beat and maybe find a pure shooter in the 2nd round. Man I wish Jamaal Crawford was a consistent shooter so we could look to draft a shot blocker like Williams. And as far as trading our pick in a package 4 O'Neal Garnett would be a no brainer if we traded Frye a player and the 23rd pick

Originally Posted by paris401
    really... according to the nba, he is signed for 07-08 at 7.1m, and 08-09 at 7.6m...

where do u get your info that his contract is expired???
    i guess i misread his contract details... but if you scroll up... my point is the same... a center rotation of curry, morrison and malik rose would work... especially since malik is a good locker room influence and is one of the few knicks with championship experience... the only difference being that we're now overpaying for his services for another season... but if that results in curry and morrison becoming better players... then i'm for it...

Veteran

Default This offseason young Players

Randoph Morris & Sean Williams would be a great addition to the Knicks Young Players this offseason (Collins, Balkman, Lee, Frye, and Nate).
    How the Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Francis, Curry, and Jefferies playingtime will affect all the Knicks "Young -Players" will be seen in the next chapter when these young players are on the next team averaging 24 or more MPG.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Randoph Morris & Sean Williams would be a great addition to the Knicks Young Players this offseason (Collins, Balkman, Lee, Frye, and Nate).
    How the Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Francis, Curry, and Jefferies playingtime will affect all the Knicks "Young -Players" will be seen in the next chapter when these young players are on the next team averaging 24 or more MPG.
    i think the whole point of IT not making any major moves is so he can keep the youngins from moving onto the next team to be productive... we might actually be witnessing the rebuilding of our franchise if IT keeps these cats around...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

At the 23 these guys might be available hopefully, heres how I rank them

Tiago Splitter
    Rudy Fernandez
    Marcus Williams
    Daequan Cook
    Marco Belinelli

We need a SG, a guy who can replace Crawford, hopefully we get something fair in return for Crawford. I can't see a Marbury/Crawford back court ever working out, its similar to the Marbury/Francis situation. Marbury needs to play next to a consistant shooter, who is well rounded, or atleast average at everything.

At this point, this is how i see the line up.

Marbury B
    Richardson C+
    Jefferies D
    Lee B-
    Curry C+

As you see, we need improvement from the wing positions. Balkman and Collins right now are C+'s, but have potential to rise to a B- or B next season. We still need more dept.

We wont go far with Jefferies starting. He's medicore to terrible at everything. He's only good on a championship team like the Spurs, where he doesn't have to do much. We're not the Spurs, so we can't put so much responsibility on Jefferies as a starter. He's untradable to the genuis that is Isiah Thomas, so lets hope Balkman comes out strong in Preseason and wins the starting job.

Frye is a D, too one dementional, this is why we need a guy like Splitter to back up our big men. Splitter can play PF/C and is an atheletic 7 footer who plays physical defense. He's very intelligent on and off the court and is very coachable. Couldn't we trade Frye for a first rounder this season? I'm sure the 76ers could use Channing Frye, they're in desperate need of a PF.

Phila sends

Kyle Korver
    Steven Hunter
    2007 Draft #21 Pick

NY sends
    Jared Jeffries
    Channing Frye
    2007 Draft #23 Pick

Successful Scenario

Philadephia
    PG - Miller
    SG - Iguodala
    SF - Jefferies
    PF - Frye
    C - Dalembert

New York
    PG - Marbury
    SG - Richardson
    SF - Balkman
    PF - Lee
    C - Curry

6th man
    Crawford

Bench
    Robinson
    Krover
    Collins
    Hunter
    #21 pick (Tiago Splitter)

We get a good young back up center in Hunter, and a valuable 3pt shooter in Krover. So our overall line up will look like

Marbury/Collins/Robinson
    Richardson/Crawford/Collins
    Balkman/Krover
    Lee/Splitter/Rose
    Curry/Hunter/Splitter

We need to fill in the gaps at the wings or in a back up defensive big man!

Originally Posted by metrocard
    At the 23 these guys might be available hopefully, heres how I rank them

Tiago Splitter
    Rudy Fernandez
    Marcus Williams
    Daequan Cook
    Marco Belinelli

We need a SG, a guy who can replace Crawford, hopefully we get something fair in return for Crawford. I can't see a Marbury/Crawford back court ever working out, its similar to the Marbury/Francis situation. Marbury needs to play next to a consistant shooter, who is well rounded, or atleast average at everything.

At this point, this is how i see the line up.

Marbury B
    Richardson C+
    Jefferies D
    Lee B-
    Curry C+

As you see, we need improvement from the wing positions. Balkman and Collins right now are C+'s, but have potential to rise to a B- or B next season. We still need more dept.

We wont go far with Jefferies starting. He's medicore to terrible at everything. He's only good on a championship team like the Spurs, where he doesn't have to do much. We're not the Spurs, so we can't put so much responsibility on Jefferies as a starter. He's untradable to the genuis that is Isiah Thomas, so lets hope Balkman comes out strong in Preseason and wins the starting job.

Frye is a D, too one dementional, this is why we need a guy like Splitter to back up our big men. Splitter can play PF/C and is an atheletic 7 footer who plays physical defense. He's very intelligent on and off the court and is very coachable. Couldn't we trade Frye for a first rounder this season? I'm sure the 76ers could use Channing Frye, they're in desperate need of a PF.

Phila sends

Kyle Korver
    Steven Hunter
    2007 Draft #21 Pick

NY sends
    Jared Jeffries
    Channing Frye
    2007 Draft #23 Pick

Successful Scenario

Philadephia
    PG - Miller
    SG - Iguodala
    SF - Jefferies
    PF - Frye
    C - Dalembert

New York
    PG - Marbury
    SG - Richardson
    SF - Balkman
    PF - Lee
    C - Curry

6th man
    Crawford

Bench
    Robinson
    Krover
    Collins
    Hunter
    #21 pick (Tiago Splitter)

We get a good young back up center in Hunter, and a valuable 3pt shooter in Krover. So our overall line up will look like

Marbury/Collins/Robinson
    Richardson/Crawford/Collins
    Balkman/Krover
    Lee/Splitter/Rose
    Curry/Hunter/Splitter

We need to fill in the gaps at the wings or in a back up defensive big man!
    i like your idea of giving up frye and jeffries for korver and hunter... but there's no way Philly trades Korver AND Hunter for frye and jeffries... granted... neither guy is a superstar... but korver really started coming into his own at the end of last season... billy king isn't going ot ship him out just so the knicks can improve... you said it yourself... jeffries isn't ready for the pressure of starting for a rebuilding team... the sixers aren't the spurs and billy king aint gonna take our garbage for two good young players... Phily would likely insist on DLee if they're gonna give up their second option on offense...

Mos def...big cuz isn't trading korver (they're only pure shooter) for a mediocre jeffries and an unproven frye...who thought of that? Whoever thought of that I'm glad you aren't running this team. Even though I like Korver...he's too one dimensional. He doesn't play defense well for the SF position and his rebounding skills are subpar. If we're going to find a 3pt shooter he's going to have to do more than just score...we have JC and nate-rob who already do that...

Nyk Logo

All we need is a shooter out of the draft and Zeke has plenty of options. Aaron Affalo, Morris Almond of Dequan Cooke all fit the bill. Almond is a legit
    6-6 with great touch and reminds people of a young Allan Houston. We need a big guard to back up JC. The days of Nate Robinson & Steve Francis at two spot must end asap.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    i like your idea of giving up frye and jeffries for korver and hunter... but there's no way Philly trades Korver AND Hunter for frye and jeffries... granted... neither guy is a superstar... but korver really started coming into his own at the end of last season... billy king isn't going ot ship him out just so the knicks can improve... you said it yourself... jeffries isn't ready for the pressure of starting for a rebuilding team... the sixers aren't the spurs and billy king aint gonna take our garbage for two good young players... Phily would likely insist on DLee if they're gonna give up their second option on offense...
    Just an idea, Philadephia accually gets a shooter in Frye. Hunter wouldn't be labeled "good" anywhere, he's a journey who's a medicore back up. Frye is like a C player, Hunter is a D. BTW, Philadephia gets younger on this deal. Frye had a terrible season, but he has potential to be a B player. Korver and Hunter don't.

The purpose of this suggestion is to move up a bit, We can't miss on guys like Splitter or Fernandez, who are the two best Euros in this draft.

Originally Posted by starksfor3
    All we need is a shooter out of the draft and Zeke has plenty of options. Aaron Affalo, Morris Almond of Dequan Cooke all fit the bill. Almond is a legit
    6-6 with great touch and reminds people of a young Allan Houston. We need a big guard to back up JC. The days of Nate Robinson & Steve Francis at two spot must end asap.

I agree, we need a shooter. But isn't that why Crawford here? We have too many streaky players. We need to subtract in order to improve. I would deal Crawford to a team who can efford his streakyness, usually a competitive winning team where the responsibility won't be so high on Jamal. We're giving too much responsibility to medicore players. This leads to a poor record, season after season.