Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trading Is Not The Only Answer

Default Trading Is Not The Only Answer

Many teams have made big mistakes in trading players that simply need development. You say get rid of Curry....Curry has come a long way, and is a work in process. Curry has been on the radar to be an all star....why do we want to trade him?? Secondly, you have all turned your backs on Frye, just because he had a bad season....look at what we did with Marcus Camby...Frye is young, he just hasnt grown into his frame as yet...he needs confidence...not skill. Why trade away Jerome James? with the right work and conditioning he can be a great backup for Curry...he needs footwork and to stay out of foul trouble....i read that you want to trade crawford...someone who is proven to be able to make big shots when it counts. Who knows if mardy collins wont have a bad season next year? or injuries wont get to him? Why get rid of a recovering quinten richardson when we all saw how good he can be on defence in the early part of the season? WE NEED DEVELOPMENT WHILE WE GET RID OF THESE CONTRACTS. Malik rose needs to go...Focus on the finals in 09

Marbs/nate/collins
    Crawford/Quinten/ Francis
    Balkman/J.Jeff
    D.Lee/C.Frye
    Curry/J.James

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

I was with you up until Jerome James. You are correct about Frye and Curry. I don't think most Knicks fans think Curry should be traded. But every one has seemed to jump on the trade Frye bandwagon. I say trade him if it means getting us Garnett or Oneal. Other than that I think he will have a break through year with the Knicks. James on the other hand, we can only pray that he hits the gym.

Yea, i think everyone stoppead reading once he brought up Jerome James. I know i did

JJ13 will "develop" again in 3 years when his contract is up next...

Like everyone else I agree w/ everything except the Jerome James part. Look any player in the NBA is capable of being a good player ...but it takes work and dedication, and JJ has shown neither since coming over....I've said it all along that Frye's game is very similair to Rasheed Wallace's game, but Frye has a much better attitude, and is in better shape. Granted Rasheed plays w/ much, much more passion, but maybe Frye begins to get that as the Knicks improve,but we all loved him last year and after one bad season we want to trade him? He still has a treamendous upside, and the work etic and dedication, I like Frye coming out this season focused and being a compliment to Curry inside game

The Knicks should definitely be more careful and prudent with their trades, especially with their track record. I don't think the Knicks have gotten the better half of a trade since Marcus Camby. I'm so tired of the Knicks trading their assets away for old players with long overpaid contracts. If the Knicks make the right moves from now on, they could be a killer team or at least be in a great situation in 2009.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Toons
    Why get rid of a recovering quinten richardson when we all saw how good he can be on defence in the early part of the season?
    well qrich is UNTRADEABLE... bad back which is uninsurable, means he stays... which is ok by me... i like him when healthy...

can someone tell me what is up with Malik's contract, does it expire at seasons end or not...and if not how long was it for ?

Originally Posted by KnicksFan112
    The Knicks should definitely be more careful and prudent with their trades, especially with their track record. I don't think the Knicks have gotten the better half of a trade since Marcus Camby. I'm so tired of the Knicks trading their assets away for old players with long overpaid contracts. If the Knicks make the right moves from now on, they could be a killer team or at least be in a great situation in 2009.
    Nene and Camby have become the cornerstone of the nugget front court... mycdess has provided us with steph, penny, and renaldo balkman... i think it's safe to say denver got the better end of that one...

I'm one of those people who have jumped on the trade frye bandwagon. Its not that i dont think fye is talented. I havent forgotten the first couple of months of his rookie season but if david lee can develop a jumpshot then id rather have him as the starting power forward. Hes a great rebounder and a good passer. He just needs to develop more of an offensive game. I think frye will eventually, possibly next year even, become a good player but isiah shouldve drafted gerald green or andrew bynum instead. I think the Knicks are set at every position for now and the future. The only thing they need is a backup powerforward/center who can block some shots.

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    Nene and Camby have become the cornerstone of the nugget front court... mycdess has provided us with steph, penny, and renaldo balkman... i think it's safe to say denver got the better end of that one...
    I meant the trade that got us Camby.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by Isiah's Advocate 33
    can someone tell me what is up with Malik's contract, does it expire at seasons end or not...and if not how long was it for ?
    Roses contract expires in 08/09. The same year as Marbury and Francis.

The Knicks need to decide if they are going to rebuild or make a run. Isiah talks out of 2 sides of his mouth; One one hand he sayd that he needs to draft and develop the young talen. On the other hand, he goes out and makes trades for contracts like Malik Rose, M Taylor. Frances.... It does not make sense! If the Knicks want to make a push, they need a proven guy like O'Neil, KG, Gasol... I like Frye but feel they should use him or Lee and Crawford to bring in one of these guys. TOONS wants to sit on the current talent and hope that Frye shows some of what he did last season and Lee will repeat and excel past what he has done this season. The problem is that with rookies and young guys, they sometime turn into a bust. If you can use them to get someone who has been a proven entity season after season, you do it. You can always resign one of these players down the line IF they turn into a star.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    The Knicks need to decide if they are going to rebuild or make a run. Isiah talks out of 2 sides of his mouth; One one hand he sayd that he needs to draft and develop the young talen. On the other hand, he goes out and makes trades for contracts like Malik Rose, M Taylor. Frances.... It does not make sense! If the Knicks want to make a push, they need a proven guy like O'Neil, KG, Gasol... I like Frye but feel they should use him or Lee and Crawford to bring in one of these guys. TOONS wants to sit on the current talent and hope that Frye shows some of what he did last season and Lee will repeat and excel past what he has done this season. The problem is that with rookies and young guys, they sometime turn into a bust. If you can use them to get someone who has been a proven entity season after season, you do it. You can always resign one of these players down the line IF they turn into a star.
    Exaaaaaaaactly.

yo man...if knicks take O'neal...i would say to trade frye and james or frye and cato