Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trading Is Not The Only Answer

Cool

If Marbury, Crawford, and Nate improve their 3pt shooting from what it was this season, they won't 'NEED' a Ray Allen. Not to mention, we already have a 3pt champ in Q-Rich (Hope he'll be healthy). If those guys would work on their shooting this offseason, all we'd really need is a Dominate inside defender (ol boy outta BC wit da smokin problem) then there's no excuse 4 us not 2 be in the playoffs especially in this weak a$$ eastern conference.

Superstar

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    I agree with you 100%... This is why I believe the knicks should grab Sean Williams from BC in the draft. He is a Camby type player, he doesn't look for a shot, his main goal in life is to block a shot. We get him we stay young. But that will leave the knicks crowded at PF... Frye or Lee will have to go. and I think we could possibly get Ray Allen for the right price. that price may include Crawford and Nate along with Frye and Lee. I love Craw, but Allen's shooting and all around skill is undeniable ... I posted info on Sean Williams on another Thread but thought it would be fitting on this one as well.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    ITS ME AGAIN JUST COMING TO SAY THE FOLLOWING:

Sean Williams, a 6-foot-10 shot-blocking center who was kicked off the Boston College team for alleged marijuana use, will work out for the Knicks next month, according to a source. Williams is on Thomas' radar with the No. 23 pick in the NBA Draft.

Williams, not listed on most mock drafts because of his serious off-court issues, had 75 blocked shots in 15 games before he was booted in January. His stock is expected to rise after workouts.

A Boston College source said Williams had been suspended before for similar issues. Players are tested in the NBA five times a year for marijuana use. Drafting Williams would play into Thomas' mantra of building through "unconventional" ways. Williams may be at Wednesday's pre-draft camp in Orlando. ( FRIDAY'S NY POST)

THE GUYS IS GONNA BE GREAT... I WANT YOU ALL TO REMEMBER ME SAYING THIS... I FEEL LIKE A BALLS HUGGER THE WAY I'VE BEEN CAMPAIGNING FOR WILLIAMS, BUT CAN'T ANY OF YOU IN HERE SAY YOU THE KNICKS WOULDN'T BE A 10 OR MORE GAMES WITH A SHOT BLOCKER IN THE LANE PREVENTING EASY SHOTS TO GO DOWN... IF EDDY COULD STEP HIS GAME UP AND DO IT, THAT WPUID BE GREAT, BUT HE ISNT DOING IT ... LET EDDIE SCORE AND WILLIAMS BLOCK.. ZEEKE, I KNOW U ARE READING THIS BOARD... THE GUY IS A LOCK... YA HEAR ME A LOCK

I'm not worried about the draft since IT has proven that his drafting ability are among the tops in the league... as for the Allen trade... with Seattle possibly losing Lewis as a free agent and the potential drafting of Durant... no way sugar ray leaves for Frye or Crawford... i wouldn't pull the trigger on that even if we had a shot at it...

Originally Posted by FameMos
    If Marbury, Crawford, and Nate improve their 3pt shooting from what it was this season, they won't 'NEED' a Ray Allen. Not to mention, we already have a 3pt champ in Q-Rich (Hope he'll be healthy). If those guys would work on their shooting this offseason, all we'd really need is a Dominate inside defender (ol boy outta BC wit da smokin problem) then there's no excuse 4 us not 2 be in the playoffs especially in this weak a$$ eastern conference.
    Like I said, if we can improve our outside shooting (and I think they will) then what they need 2 focus on is trying to get a small foward (Artest) or Garnett. Those should be the only 2 guys they should be tryna get via trade.