What improvements you want to see from Knicks/Expectations.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury
-More penatration

Marbury played a perfect role as PG in the 06-07 season on both sides of the court. He stepped up as a leader when he needed to be(something he has rarely done in his career). Marbury did not play as an individual this season. Marbury played within the team and made the game easier for a lot of guys. His man to man defense was top 3 in the NBA at his position. He hit alot of big clutch shots also. If he penatrates more, it'll generate more production in our offense. But Marbury, keep doing what your doing. You're an asset to our 2007-2008 playoff run.

16-18 ppg
7.5 assist
45% FG

Crawford
-Man to man defense
-Turnovers
-More high percentage shots

Crawford suprisely has a better mid range jumpshot than 3pt shot. Its a shame he doesn't utilize it more often. I could really see Crawford be a Rip Hamilton type. Crawford is cat quick, I hope he uses his quickness to move without the basketball more than just run an isolation one on one play. He has the ability to do new things on offense. I'm just hoping he comes with new bag of tricks. His tricks just give us 39% FG shooting and 17 ppg. We don't need that medicore production from the SG position.

15-19 ppg
42% FG
36% 3pt
4 assist

Richardson
-Health
-Consistant offense

Richardson at the begging of the season looked like our best all around player. He played defense, rebound, and was scoring 19 ppg. He just needs to stay healthy. He's only about 26 too, not even in his prime yet.

13-15 ppg
7 rebs
44% FG
37% 3pt

David Lee
Consistant jumper
More strength
Improvement on man to man defense
Demand the ball more on offense

David Lee does many things, but the question is can he become a reliable scoring option on offense; or will Isiah ever ALLOW to David to be one? We saw what Isiah did to Channing Frye this season by isolating him out of the offense and letting Curry get all the touches. Hopefully Isiah realizes David Lee's talent and ability to be a scorer. I want David Lee to bulk up, to a Carlos Boozer status and develop some offensive post moves. An a MORE consistant jumpshot. If Lee develops a jumper...we won't need Channing Frye.

Hopefully
12-15 ppg
12 rebs.
58% FG
80% FT

Curry
Clumsy wreckless turnovers
Utilize his jumper more.
Offensive awareness
Defensive awareness
Man to man defense
Rebounding
Help defense
Passing

Curry is the most important player we need to look at, since this team rotates around him. Curry has a jumpshot, I don't know why Isiah doesn't use it more offense. Lets not make Curry the most predictable player in the NBA. He's a dominant post scorer, but running the same plays consistant will make life easier for the opposing defense. He also needs to be more aware offensively. He always forgets his open man and thinks he can take on two defenders. It kills ball movement and a high percentage plays. On defense and rebounding, he's a mess, but luckily we have Lee and Balkman to make up for Curry mistakes.

18-20 ppg
7 rebs
2 assist(hopefully)

As for the bench

Balkman
-Jumpshot
-Upper body strength

Collins
-More range on his jumpshot
-Less turnovers

Robinson
-Defense
-Shot selection
-Passing
-Attitude

Frye
-Boot camp

Rose/James
-Demand less minutes

Francis
-Retirement

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think i agree with just about everything you said metrocard. I've thought for a while now that crawford needs to study guys like rip hamilton and reggie miller. He should try to play exactly like them. It'd be tough for other guard to keep up with him cuz of the way hes built. I disagree with Jerome James askin for less minutes next year. I expect him to be in the D League or overseas next year. Just playin, but thats where his slow out of shape ass belongs. Maybe he can start a fastfood chain.

I agree w/ it all, I just didn't get the Boot Camp thing for Channing. Truthfully Channing just has to work on his low post game, and rebounding. He's shown he can block shots, and although the jumper was off for about 75% of the season, I think he'll hit w/ the same regularity as he did his Rook season, if ( and I know this is a big if) he becomes a rebonder and low post scorer than he nulifies all the Jermaine Oneil talk. Not to say he will show the leadership and heart of Oneil, but I still think he can be that compliment to Curry..... Two things off the subject.... 1 what is up w/ Malik's contract....and 2 does anyone like our chances of landing Artest. My proposition is Malik, Nate, and a protected first rounder.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I agree with everything except your Frye, Lee and Balkman assessments... here's what I want to see... I especially like your assessment of Crawford and Curry...

Lee

Help defense... I've said it before... but DLee scarily reminds me of Camby... with his offensive rebounding ability... he doesn't need many touches to be effective... he can easily average 15/15 next season if the knicks run the break more and he cleans up... a jumpshot would be nice... but i think it's more important he develop his defensive presence to take the pressure off curry down low... everyone's been saying how much we could use camby... DLee already has the rebounding ability... frame and hustle for it... why not develop that help defense?

pts 11
rbs 15
blks 1
fg% 55 - 60
ft% 75 - 80

Frye
Frye needs to develop his low post game (offense and defense), handle and rebounding... if Frye can develop into a low post/mid range threat... then he can truly be our rasheed... but i think the biggest obstacle frye has to overcome is confidence... it's like he is unable to deal with the mental aspect of the game at times...

pts 15
rbs 7
blks 2
fg% 55
FT% 80

Balkman
this kid has the tools and desire to be dennis rodman/kirelenko/gerald wallace/tayshawn prince/scottie pippen... i agree that he needs to work on his J... i think he needs to work on his handle, post offense and offensive awareness... a lot of times... he would miss offensive opportunities because he was unsure of what to do with the ball or would miscommunicate with the guards... if he had a serviceable handle and the know how about what we should do in different situations... then it would dull the pain of qrich's achy back...

pts 8
rbs 6
blks 1
st 2
assists 2

his numbers look unimpressive here... but i think this kid could potentially be our best all around player in 5 years...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
1 what is up w/ Malik's contract....and 2 does anyone like our chances of landing Artest. My proposition is Malik, Nate, and a protected first rounder.

as i was reminded on another post... malik is done after 07 - 08... i've been an artest supporter for awhile... but i dunno if trading away yet another expiring contract is a good idea... BUT... if IT can somehow make artest be a model citizen... then i like your idea... since Sac needs a backup for mike bibby and malik's expiring contract gives them flexibility this off season... i wouldn't expect them to bite on that until somewhere around all star break though (assuming we still have malik)

Like It Or Not...

Hello everyone! I'm a new member in here and this is my first post! I don't know how to make a new thread, so that's why I'm replying to this one... I'm a huge fan of Knicks since I was like 6 years old maybe and now I'm 22 but still nothin' has changed! My english won't be as good as yours, cause I'm from Poland, so excuse me for using simple words but that's the only way I can comunicate with You guys I love this team like fat kid love cake and I pray for the day they'll get back on the right track! I even made myself a Knicks logo tattoo on my shoulder, so please give some respect for me hehe Ok, enough of this bullshit, I just would like to say some things that really hurt me about this team right now, and some things I would definitely like to change! First of all, let's take a look were the Knicks stand in the NBA! To build a great team, You must have a plan for it and create a team with special adjustment or foundation! From years, You all know guys that the best teams in NBA are based on offensive or defensive conception! And as You can see teams like Dallas, Phoenix, Golden State had a succesful season and still playing tough and hard defensive teams like Detroit, San Antonio just got to the Conference Finals! So what' the point??? It's very simple, someone responsible for Knicks strategy must choose, either we'll become a offensive team or either a defensive, because at this moment I really don't have any idea which side we're going! I'm about to introduce to You some of my propositions that are possible and should turn the NYK to a better team! Let's start with the conception of building a nice working defensive team! Everyon knows our roster:

PG: Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson, Mardy Collins (Are they all really a PG?)
SG: Jamal Crawford, Steve Francis
SF: Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries, Renaldo Balkman
PF: David Lee, Channing Frye, Malik Rose
C: Eddy Curry, Jerome James, Randolph Morris, Kelvin Cato

Let's start with the point guards: Marbury has really improved this season, and started to play like everyone wanted him to play from a long time, but maybe finally he matured to be a leader of the team! He's not a bad defensive player, but with Mardy on the bench, they can give us what we need! With love to Nate, he is not the type of guy we need, especially that he can't create a game as a point guard, so I would try to get rid of him, but I'll tell You how later!

Shooters: Craw..., I read the post about Carter and Crawford, when people were arguing which one is a better player!!! I'll will divide it into two questions: Who is a better shooter, and who is a better all around player? The answers are simple: 1-Crawford, 2-Carter, but is it neccessary to take Carter??? I think leave that boy alone and give more playing time to Jamal and of course let him be a starting 5 player! Hmmmm, Francis... Big expectations but unfortunetly even bigger dissapointment! It would be better for us to try trade him, but if not don't buyout his contract, lets give him another try, as a reserve for J.Craw.

Small Forwards: QR, J.J. - First of them, a good shooter, but not as good as being under the Steve Nash! Jared, I think is the biggest mistake that Isiah made this season, why was he playing almost 30 minutes per game, while scoring 4 points and grabbing 4 rebounds???? Blocks, steals???? Come on, You can't call him a good defensive player! And last but not least Renaldo! This guy is awesome and I would do anything to keep him, cause he can be a future od this team! He can score, run the court well, and most of all he can play a tough D.

Power Forwards: If someone tells me to trade David Lee, I would grab my head and hit it toward the wall! Even having Kevin Garnett for 3 or 4 of our players isn't what will solve our problems! So lets think for a moment and see what D.Lee did for our team this year, and point me another player scoring and rebounding over "10", being double figures playing just 30 m.p.g! Looking at the Pistons, they play the same squad years now, and that what our team needs the most, stability! We must invest in Lee, Collins, Balkman, because they are our future, don't trade them for anybody, especcialy for someone that's on the road of his career! Frye had a bad year, but anyway I would trade him, because he's not the type of PF that can stand eye to eye with the toughest PF in the league! And Malik? If there a chance trade him, if not, let him stay and prepare him to help coaching the young guys in the team!

C: Everything would be amazing if Curry tried to balance his defense and offense, playing hard not only when having the ball, but most of all when not! If so, he would be a complete player, and someone that surely can achieve a status of an All-Star, cause he looks like a young Shaq :p Something about Kelvin Cato-why did Isiah sigh this guy, when he just played 18 games (5 mpg)? Does it makes any sense for You? If he was not a backup for Curry, why spending money??? Jerome? I got few opinios about this player! Fisrt one is that he's not a bad player, but money made him lazy, but the second one is that maybe Isiah should try to put him together with Curry in the starting lineup, but not sitting him down after 5 minutes of play! If Isiah would not give him a choice and play Jerome as much as possible, maybe this Burger Man finally would done somethin' and play like for Sonics in playoffs! But I'm only guessing. I cannot say anything about Morris, because I didn' have any chance of seing him play! I told You some thing You probably already know about that guys, but now, I'll tell You who I would like to see in our team next season (on defensive conception)!

Ron Artest
Jermaine O'Neal

I know it's probably impossible to get them both, but J.O. and Ron should fulfill our lacks! The biggest benefit of getting Jermaine is that he can be great near Curry! Everybody knows Jermaine is frustraded in Indiana and needs a new spot! And he would fit perfect with Eddy, cause he's not only a dominant offensive big man, but mostly a good blocker and rebounder! I'm sure that he would help to develop Curry's potential as a offensive and a defensive player and also help him in the paint to be like Duncan and Robinson or Ewing and Oakley.

Getting Artest is a bit risky investition, but also a player that we need to biuld a defensive lineup. Ron is the hardest playing man in the league and surely can be called as one of the best all-around players! He would fit perfectly with scoring Crawford, tough playing Lee, offensive Curry and even with Marbury on point position! He can help us to create a team like Detroit which is based on a smart point guard leader Billups, typical shooter Hamilton, all-around SF Prince, strong and with nice touch PF Sheed and probably with Maxiell who should start next season as a big man at C. We can make it happen in NY, just look at the similarity: Marbury, Crawford, Artest, Lee (or if possible O'Neal) and dominat Curry!

But there's also a second option, which I'm little bit confused about! It's offensive basketball really successful in the NBA! Just look at Phoenix, Seattle, Dallas!!! Where are they now? Out off playoffs, Seattle even didn't make there! So I'll present a good offensive lineup possible for the next season, but is it worth it? Let's start with the point, Marbury or Collins will not be running coart well and passing the ball quick like Nash of J-Kidd, but I think we don't have a choice! Crawford fits perfectly and then on backup we need someone like J.R.Smith which is being wasted in Denver! On the SF the best option for us is getting the Sonics Rashard Lewis. Then is a question-will Curry fit to the run-and-gun combination? Trading him can be a mistake, because he is still developing and probably in few years nobody will stop him! But on the other hand, Lee and Frye on the C: with Lewis, Craw and Starbury can be a real fast five, but probably till the second round off playoffs, and I know that everybody wants more!!!!....

Ps. I have enough of writing, I guess everyone knows how to trade players to make it work, if not I'll post it next time! Thakz Yous, I hope You'll enjoy it, while reading this post! I'm Out..... KNICKS 4 LIFE
<!-- / message -->

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Power Forwards: If someone tells me to trade David Lee, I would grab my head and hit it toward the wall! Even having Kevin Garnett for 3 or 4 of our players isn't what will solve our problems! So lets think for a moment and see what D.Lee did for our team this year, and point me another player scoring and rebounding over "10", being double figures playing just 30 m.p.g! Looking at the Pistons, they play the same squad years now, and that what our team needs the most, stability! We must invest in Lee, Collins, Balkman, because they are our future, don't trade them for anybody, especcialy for someone that's on the road of his career! Frye had a bad year, but anyway I would trade him, because he's not the type of PF that can stand eye to eye with the toughest PF in the league! And Malik? If there a chance trade him, if not, let him stay and prepare him to help coaching the young guys in the team!
<!-- / message -->

I agree wit most of what u said but couldn't agree more about this point u made. Y is ere1 in such a hurry 2 trade DLee? Him n Marbury r my 2 fav. Knicks. If Lee gets a jumpshot we won't need Channing Frye and we can trade him 4 a big name player. And like Metrocard said, good job on ya 1st post.

First of all I would like to thank You guys, because I feel good being welcomed so nice in the knicksonline! Big thankz to Trin_Starr for giving me some help :p

But I couldn't really understand FameMos, because he wrote that I am in such a hurry to trade David Lee??? And the point is that it the last thing Knicks should do and I think I wrote it quite clear! Anyway that's what I had in mind and maybe FameMos after reading such a long post just didn't understood me well :p But also big thanks for reading it and by the way, I'm a huge fan of Marbury too, because he's the heart of the KNICKS and he loves this city & team as we do!

I'll write soon :)

starksfor3

Rookie
I expect the Knicks to work on their conditioning (far too many injuries last year), establish a 9 man rotation and commit to playing better defense. Zeke needs to find a taker for Steve Francis & Jerome James. I would glady trade them for draft picks as opposed to releasing them.

I would also expect Eddy Curry to work on the rest of his game. He is a competent scorer on the low post, but needs to work on his face-up game
(to combat double teams) and defensive skills. Zeke should bring in Patrick Ewing to work with Curry, Channing Frye and Randolph Morris.

Lastly, we need to draft or trade for a consistent outside shooter if Zeke will continue to run the offense through Curry.

I highly doubt we'll land KG or Jermaine O'Neal, so we need to develop the guys we have.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I expect the Knicks to work on their conditioning (far too many injuries last year), establish a 9 man rotation and commit to playing better defense. Zeke needs to find a taker for Steve Francis & Jerome James. I would glady trade them for draft picks as opposed to releasing them.

I would also expect Eddy Curry to work on the rest of his game. He is a competent scorer on the low post, but needs to work on his face-up game
(to combat double teams) and defensive skills. Zeke should bring in Patrick Ewing to work with Curry, Channing Frye and Randolph Morris.

Lastly, we need to draft or trade for a consistent outside shooter if Zeke will continue to run the offense through Curry.

I highly doubt we'll land KG or Jermaine O'Neal, so we need to develop the guys we have.

outside of the conditioning thing... I agree with you 100%... i think if IT limits his starter's minutes (especially steph and qrich) to 30 - 35 mpg then injuries should be less of an issue...

FameMos

Benchwarmer
First of all I would like to thank You guys, because I feel good being welcomed so nice in the knicksonline! Big thankz to Trin_Starr for giving me some help :p

But I couldn't really understand FameMos, because he wrote that I am in such a hurry to trade David Lee??? And the point is that it the last thing Knicks should do and I think I wrote it quite clear! Anyway that's what I had in mind and maybe FameMos after reading such a long post just didn't understood me well :p But also big thanks for reading it and by the way, I'm a huge fan of Marbury too, because he's the heart of the KNICKS and he loves this city & team as we do!

I'll write soon :)
But i do agree wit u.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
How will players be next season

Marbury-U'll see the same thing from this season he'll probably work on him Post Entry passes (I hope) and FT shooting.
Crawford-Higher FG Pct. 4-5ast per. 85Pct FT, poor D (but with more effort) and a lot more alley oops to Curry. And I WISH HE WOULD TAKE IT 2 THE HOLE MORE SO HE CAN GO TO THE LINE AND KICK IT OUT. AND PLEASE STOP DOING THE SAME THING @ THE END OF GAMES.
QRich-PLEASE find a way 2 stay healthy. I think he's gonna have a down yr. like last season when Brown was coaching.
Frye- He's gonna have a season like his rookie season or better if he gets the playing time. If he starts, I believe he'll avg 17-19pts, 10.7 rebs and 1.2 blks per.
Curry-He'll be an All Star (25pts, 9rebs, .8blks) He's gonna be the most dominate inside scorer in the NBA (UNSTOPPABLE IN THE POST) but defensive #'s will still be pretty poor (but better).
Francis- Same from this yr
Robinson-More from this yr but more effort on defense
Collins- GREAT back-up PG next season.
Balkman-Better decisions, and ball handling. 67-68pct FT, same poor FG shooting from last yr, and he'll be our best defensive player next yr.
Lee- Same as last yr wit a decent 15 ft jumper 77pct FT(11pts 13 rebs)
Jefferies-will be better on both sides of the ball. U'll see better defense but not exactly what Isaiah expected when he signed him.
James- He'll continue 2 get into foul trouble but he'll have more minutes and he'll do sum things when he's on the floor.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Good assessment...some are pretty far fetched but I'm only saying that to add a drop of realism to my dream. But I do hope your prediction comes true...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Marbury-U'll see the same thing from this season he'll probably work on him Post Entry passes (I hope) and FT shooting.
Crawford-Higher FG Pct. 4-5ast per. 85Pct FT, poor D (but with more effort) and a lot more alley oops to Curry. And I WISH HE WOULD TAKE IT 2 THE HOLE MORE SO HE CAN GO TO THE LINE AND KICK IT OUT. AND PLEASE STOP DOING THE SAME THING @ THE END OF GAMES.
QRich-PLEASE find a way 2 stay healthy. I think he's gonna have a down yr. like last season when Brown was coaching.
Frye- He's gonna have a season like his rookie season or better if he gets the playing time. If he starts, I believe he'll avg 17-19pts, 10.7 rebs and 1.2 blks per.
Curry-He'll be an All Star (25pts, 9rebs, .8blks) He's gonna be the most dominate inside scorer in the NBA (UNSTOPPABLE IN THE POST) but defensive #'s will still be pretty poor (but better).
Francis- Same from this yr
Robinson-More from this yr but more effort on defense
Collins- GREAT back-up PG next season.
Balkman-Better decisions, and ball handling. 67-68pct FT, same poor FG shooting from last yr, and he'll be our best defensive player next yr.
Lee- Same as last yr wit a decent 15 ft jumper 77pct FT(11pts 13 rebs)
Jefferies-will be better on both sides of the ball. U'll see better defense but not exactly what Isaiah expected when he signed him.
James- He'll continue 2 get into foul trouble but he'll have more minutes and he'll do sum things when he's on the floor.

I like your optimism... but I don't think we'll be THAT good...