Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boxing

Default Boxing

Other than being a big fan of basketball, I'm also a big fan of boxing. My favorite boxers out there right now is RJJ and Allan Green. Who are your favorite boxers and who do you think is the pound for pound champ?

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

I like boxing too. I like Andrew Golota fought multiple times for heavyweight title. Floyd Mayweather, Zab Judah is nice. I liked Lenox Lewis. Of course I think the champ is Bernard Hopkins. Having the title for so long and loosing it.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Zab Judah is going to get eaten alived by Miguel Cotto.

I'd have to disagree with that man...it's going to be a good fight, but when Zab is on his A game...no one can stop him. Mayweather almost felt his wrath until he fought stupid and stepped away from his game plan which was to utilize his quickness. Cotto is going to have to cut off the ring to even stand a chance. I'm saying Zab by UD. I Just hope my boy RJJ makes his comeback strong.

12th man

Cotto is a BEAST, after he destroys Judah, he should have a mega match with Mayweather Jr. and crown himself as the King.

Puerto Rico is the best pound for pound. Larry Merchant would agree.

Ring Magazine P4P List
    1.Floyd Maweather
    2.Pac-Man
    3.Raphael Marquez
    4.Juan Manuel Marquez
    5.Winky Wright
    6.B-Hop
    7.Joe Calzaghe (chump)
    8.Marco Antonio Barrera
    9.Ricky Hatton
    10.Jermain Taylor
    This obviously proves why America is easily the best place to fight the P4P champs...African American at that. The best figher of our generation was RJ in my opinion so even proves the argument even better. Next is Mexico then its arguable from there. B-Hop and RJ my top 2 faves should have gotten it on 3-4 years ago...it might have been the most anticipated fight in the past 15-20 years. RJ still has something left in the tank and B-Hop is fighting father time so we'll see....Judah wins by UD

12th man

Puerto Rico is number 1 for boxers. There are 215.3 white Americans. There are 40 million African Americans. There are 26.8 million Mexican Americans and 103 million Mexicans.

Puerto Rican is an island about 3.8 million people and in the United States there are under 4 million Puerto Ricans. Porpotion wise, Puerto Rican stands superior in being a powerhouse of talent. Those three other groups are well respected and have credibility, but Puerto Rican stands number one if you want to look at talent production.

US- 275 Million
    Mexico- 105 MIllion
    PR- 7 Million (half on the island, half in the US)

I think it's been settled that pound for pound (or I should say, square mile per square mile) its Puerto Rico. (It's a common saying among PR boxers that we are the best boxers b/c we are the best dancers... ). But the country with the best and most champs is Mexico...and you can't be a Mexican fighter without a ton of heart and a chin made of granite. I think that the US has so many champs b/c with a population of 275 million, you're bound to have a bunch of great champs.

PR has the best claim of this for sure.

Judah will be another victim.

12th man

Fact:
    In proportion, Puerto Rico is and has been the biggest champion producer in the World.

Tru tru tru, but I'm just being realistic. That's good that you know all those statistics and it's true that puerto rico has a smaller population than Afro-Americans and Mexicans. But the only credible puerto ricans that come to my mind is Camacho, Cotto, and Trinidad...I could go for days about African American fighters. We all know the #1 of all-time is Sugar Ray Robinson...that is not really arguable. Next would be Ali in my opinion. Really the only chance Cotto has against Zab is if he cuts off the ring...otherwise his face will be cut and bloody just like his other opponents. He is one of the quickest fighers out there hand and footspeed. His power has something to be desired but the speed will lightup the best of them. When you dominate half of a fight against one of the best defensive boxers in Mayweather...ya gotta give him props. All I know is none of those cats could touch my boy Roy at his prime...NO ONE

I'd luv 2 see Mayweather and Cotto (I think Mayweather is ducking him) but i still think Mayweather would beat him. I think this Judah fight is gonna be a good fight if it goes past 5. Mayweather=G.O.A.T

I like Mayweather...he's a good guy...but people compare him to RJ and he's nowhere close to him. He gotta step his game up to be put in a league like RJ, B-Hop...or any of those guys...talented guy but he shouldn't be in the top 50 boxers of all-time.

what!!!????? Mayweather not in the to 50??? ur buggin

nah man I didn't say it even though I believe it...read this article [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"Floyd Mayweather is still active and has not yet proven that he deserves to be on this list. Perhaps he will once his career is finished but it remains to be seen. Although undefeated Floyd was given a gift in his first fight against Jose Luis Castillo and if his name had been Merriweather instead of Mayweather he would have lost. In his most recent outing against Delahoya he was far from spectacular. Former boxer and writer Frank Lotierzo offered this opinion, “Mayweather is so basic and does nothing special. I have never seen him create or set a trap, ala Robinson setting up Fullmer for the left-hook in their rematch. Or the way Leonard lured Hagler to follow him around the ring, then stop, so he could move as Hagler was getting set to throw, disrupting his whole rhythm and keeping him a step behind.” Mayweather is physically gifted but against Delahoya he simply took what Oscar gave him. Floyd did not make Oscar do things that he didn’t want to do. Floyd may end up on this list, but he still has something to prove before such accolades can be bestowed upon him. It’s best to evaluate fighters like Mayweather once their career, or at least their best days are behind them."

He gives reasons...they ranked RJ at 44 which is definitely wrong, he deserves better. But there's always disputable rankings in boxing.

He's still the greatest IMO (can't see ne1 in the history of boxing beating him) I would've loved 2 see him and Sweet Pea Whitaker in their primes throwin down.

The Greatest of our time...former world middleweight, world super middleweight, world light heavyweight, and heavyweight champion of the world, defeated James Toney, B-Hop, Virgil Hill, and countless of other world champions...at his prime people thought he was the best EVER...made greats look bad and his style is like no other...won 49 consecutive fights (the griffin DQ doesn't count in my opinion since the winner was out on the canvas) at his prime his was to quick for the bigs...to strong for the lil guys...and that right hook would shatter anything it would touch including Virgil Hills ribs and countless of boxers jaws...this man was the fighter of the decade for a reason...he is easily the best of our time...look at this and decide for yourself...

Last edited by rady; May 30, 2007 at 16:01.