Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boxing

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

^ Ignore list, stop following my culo, thanks.

In a recent interview with La Opinion, Fernando Vargas said that he wants to fight Miguel Cotto. After watching Cotto's victory over Judah, Vargas said that he feels inspired to fight for redemption because of his loss to Puerto Rican Felix Trinidad. Vargas went on to say that a victory over Cotto would make him very happy, and he would hope that Mexican boxing fans would forgive his loss to Trinidad. Vargas also said, "It all depends on how I feel after the Mayorga fight, of course I have to win to have any future in this sport.

LOL ^ FAT BOY, could barely make it to 154.

I think Cotto will move to 154 eventually, but I think it's still too early. He should stay at 147 for a while and take it over. After he becomes the undisputed, then would be a perfect time to move up, but I think 154 will be his downfall. Too short with his hands being too short aswell.

^ Nope...too late. And who speaks two languages in posts? LOL. Guess you haven't learned all your english huh? It's ok...I understand.

Anyways no one cares about Vargas...he's done. Cotto on the other hand should fight Judah for a rematch...that's if Judah mans up. Judah had Cotto hurt early but the tides turned after the couple of low blows (that were supposedly not intentional). Regardless that changed the momentum of the fight. It neutralized Judah's quickness for long periods of time which allowed Judah's face to be turned into one big open cut. I think the fans want to see it...both would get rich, another sold out Garden...what more could they both ask for?

""I heard that," trainer Mayweather said. "Good for Tony the Tyger. He only told the truth and the truth, as the saying goes, will set you free. We've got a perfect game plan. Tony said that Roy is yesterday's news in boxing and he is correct but once Tony puts a real blast on him in Biloxi, Roy Jones will become ancient history. There is no doubt in my mind that Hanshaw, at age 28, is in prime time while Roy Jones is just another summer rerun. We respect the man for what he used to be."

Mayweather Sr. has been known to run his mouth at people but now he's running his mouth to RJJ...the best of fighter of this generation...in his past couple of fights we have seen the old RJ. The only problem is that he is gun shy after getting KO'ed two consecutive fights. If he would let his machine gun hands go then everyone will be turn into swiss cheese and he will reign over the world again...just like the 90s.

Castillo vs. Hatton...who wins? Castillo by TKO in 10th

12th man

Real men don't call themselves pretty.

"He may be one of those rare fighters in this generation who fights his way to the top, instead of maneuvers his way to the top (Miguel Cotto)." - Larry Merchant on Cotto

WOW...real men don't call themselves pretty?? I guess RJJ, Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, and Floyd Mayweather aren't real men LOL. They were all number 1 pound 4 pound in the world at one point of there careers...has any of your boys done that?? NOPE. You fell into that one...

Two big fights are coming up...RJJ vs Hanshaw which could be the end of RJ if he loses and B-Hop vs Winky (2 fighters that are in the top 10 P4P). It's going to be interesting to see what RJ we see and B-Hop's defensive skill will make Winky frustrated all day. B-Hop can't be stopped right now and he's 42 LOL. I gotta to give it to him...he's the most disciplined boxer out right now and he's laughin at the haters right now.

By the way has anyone seen that KO from friday night fights?? Saw the fight on tv live and was in awe when Wilson dropped him. Easily the KO of the year...

12th man

^ ignore list

The return of former three-division champ Felix Trinidad (42-2, 35 KOs) has an ultimate goal in mind - a rematch with Oscar De La Hoya. King met with Trinidad last Friday to discuss the comeback in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Trinidad is planning to make his return in January 2008, and his first target is light heavyweight Roy Jones Jr. Jones has to first beat unbeaten light heavyweight Anthony Hanshaw on July 14. King told boxing writer Dan Rafael that Trinidad's comeback bout will be in New York's Madison Square Garden. Jones is the first opponent on Trindad's list, but De La Hoya is the man that Trinidad wants most.

"He's in great spirits, great health and great shape. He is going to come back," King said. "Boxing needs this now. Boxing needs Tito. What he wants to do now is he wants to kick Roy Jones' ass. It's not a one-shot deal. His ultimate goal is to whip Oscar's ass, but we won't wait on Oscar. The island ain't big enough for both of them. But he won't beg for Oscar. So he will get Oscar by whipping everyone so nobody is left for Oscar to fight."

BoxingScene.com

I don't want Tito to fight Jones...because Jones is gonna fight a PBF type fight...getting away from Titos punch and running away like a *****.

I heard some news that explained why Tito's taking this fight with RJJ and taking his career from there. According to a local trainer who knows Titos well, Tito owed King one more fight. King came down to offer Tito to either make a fight or settle it by paying him a law suit. I suspect Tito wanted to come back regardless for whatever reason and instead of paying the old bastard a law suit did the right thing and agreed to lace them up one more time and make some money out of it, that's the story I heard.

On Cotto/PBF :

I think PBF knows Cotto would be a difficult fight. I dont think PBF is afraid of Cotto, I mean PBF isnt afraid of anyone. However he understands that a fight with Cotto now wont make as much money as a fight with Cotto in 2008. PBF is all about $$$.

Also the fact that PBF has not talked crap about Cotto lately, that alone lets us know his thoughts on him. I mean he calls Mosley a Sparing Partner, Hatton a wrestler & Cotto a very Good Young Fighter. That means that something about Cotto has impressed him. I expect to see PBF vs COTTO june 2008

Cotto has a lot of underrated skills. His footwork is one of the most over looked assets. I was studying his balance and anticipation which I also think are underrated. In my opinion his hand speed is the puzzle breaker.
    Most boxers punching speed are one dimensional. You can almost count and time fast hands like Judah, Mayweather, ODLH etc. They are always fast balls. You can count with slow swings when you see guys like Baldomir, Margarito, and Mayorga.

Cotto punching technique is much underrated for the following reason:

Most guys see Cotto's punching as slow, but is it really slow?
    Cotto's punching timing is almost impossible to detect.

Some times He throws the same punch fast, some times slow, some time some where in the middle. Some times is snappy and others strong, they come from conventional and southpaw stands and come in all angles making Cotto the most multi dimensional boxer today. Judah found that out and maybe even saw it, but could not do a thing to stop it.

Bottom line is that Cotto is the most complete offensive "pitcher like" boxer of the league.

I don't see Mayweather, Margarito, Hatton, Mosley, ODLH or any other champion dealing with Cotto's timing.

^ Ignorant list

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"So how exactly does Felix Trinidad tie into all of this? Back in 2001, a story broke of Felix Trinidad possibly fighting with illegal hand wraps in a story that Maxboxing.Com writer Steve Kim talked about in an article. The story goes that representatives of Bernard Hopkins camp went to see Trinidad getting his hands wrapped for the fight, which is customary in boxing, and upon arriving and seeing the wraps on Trinidadís hands, specifically the left hand Team Hopkins contested the wraps and even threatened to cancel the bout, believing the wraps were incorrect. It took the Chief Inspector of the NYSAC to force Trinidadís hands be re-wrapped the correct way, and even then, it didnít take until the third try to get the wraps correctly done.

With the hands correctly wrapped, the title fight between Bernard Hopkins and Felix Trinidad went on, with Hopkins completely and thoroughly dominating Trinidad, stunning him at the end of round 10, and dropping in round 12 to end the fight. Hopkins preformed flawlessly and was dominating on all three judges scorecards at the end of the fight."

This is exactly why Tito doesn't want any part of RJJ. RJ is too fast and too powerful for this cat. He will scratch RJ and RJ will unleash 6-7-8 punch combos at will against titi...had to call him that since he's not a real man. Can't even wrap his gloves right to box...sad. Trinidad will probably be left out of the hall of fame because of this cheat allegation. I guess when you have no skill, you have to resort to other measures to get where you want to be at...

12th man

^ Unemployed depressed chubby kid who can't get off the meat. On my ignore post, but still replies and dickrides all my post.

The return of former three-division champ Felix Trinidad (42-2, 35 KOs) has an ultimate goal in mind - a rematch with Oscar De La Hoya. King met with Trinidad last Friday to discuss the comeback in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Trinidad is planning to make his return in January 2008, and his first target is light heavyweight Roy Jones Jr. Jones has to first beat unbeaten light heavyweight Anthony Hanshaw on July 14. King told boxing writer Dan Rafael that Trinidad's comeback bout will be in New York's Madison Square Garden. Jones is the first opponent on Trindad's list, but De La Hoya is the man that Trinidad wants most.

"He's in great spirits, great health and great shape. He is going to come back," King said. "Boxing needs this now. Boxing needs Tito. What he wants to do now is he wants to kick Roy Jones' ass. It's not a one-shot deal. His ultimate goal is to whip Oscar's ass, but we won't wait on Oscar. The island ain't big enough for both of them. But he won't beg for Oscar. So he will get Oscar by whipping everyone so nobody is left for Oscar to fight."

BoxingScene.com
    Tito would destroy RJJ, RJ is finished, if Glen Johnson could get him out of there with pressure imagine what Tito will do. Tito is a KO arist. RJJ's defense is very sloppy and would be vomitting Tito's glove at the end of the fight.

Guys like Floyd and RJJ run like pussies. Thats how they win fights.

^ Ignorant list...see the preceding post to note what ignorant means. Dude doesn't have a meat to ride, can't speak english, fake-hood lil punk who can't take heat...that's why you sit on your depressed behind all day and spread the negativity cuz you cant get any...go get a tampon.

You're doing a good job ignoring me by the way...guess you can't get enough.

Only way titi would destroy RJ is if he cheated again because when he was exposed of his cheating ways, B-HOP got rid of him and sent him back to his trash can. RJ is faster, has more power and more experience. While the depressed titi wants a chance at a title...why do you think he wants to fight RJ?? Yep that's right...RJ is the better fighter and going to the hall of fame...where is titi going? NOWHERE. As to the RJ-Hanshaw fight...I don't know...depends if he has his legs. If RJ has his legs...no one in the world can beat him but if not then the tarver's and glen johnson's will feast on him.

12th man

Dude, get the **** out of this forum. You contribute absolutely nothing to this forum except your ignorant hick bull**** bias post. You're on my IGNORE list, don't you realize I can't read your post? It is the most homo thing to see you constantly post after my post. I ignored yet you continue to follow me. If you're going to do this at your stay in the forum, then just get the **** out. I don't want to discuss boxing with you cause you're a ****ing ignorant monkey with no boxing experience or any sources. You don't contribute any links, news, insight, logical post, information, agreements, legit disagreements, you are by FAR smelliest caca to ever register on this site.

I honestly don't give a **** if I get a warning for this post. I told the moderators about your obsessive stalking on me in this forum.

Go away, get a job, gf, buy some weed, do something in your life that will get you away from me.

Peace out.

Are you done? Weak and ignorant as usual...you never surprise me lol. I've obviously got in your head and I'm sorry if I made you cry lol

Anyways anyone hear of RJ sabotaging Hanshaw's final week of workouts? RJ is up to his old mental tricks. Hopefully it won't backfire on him. And Jermaine Taylor is moving up after he fights Pavlick. I think Pav will beat him...especially if Taylor shows up in the same state of mind when he fought Spinks. And did anyone see vic get KO'ed? Thought the man was invincible. Big month of boxing coming up...can't wait til the fights go down

12th man

Damn crybaby.

Anyway, Cintron is a beast, and **** Paul Williams for talking about Cotto.

Cotto will do a much better job closing distance. Williams has no pop what so ever and Cotto will keep the fight in his distance not Williams. Also Margarito was just coming forward and not cutting off the ring, but he hurt Williams several times, just couldn't finish him off as he went head hunting. That lean body is for the taking though and Cotto will break it. BTW, PW threw over a 1,000 punches and landed just 22%, that right there proves once again, he's has no power and no accuracy for that matter, how can he come at Cotto like that and expect a win? if he didn't like Margarito's body punches I wonder how much he is going to like Cotto's!?!?? Cotto hits harder than Margo, he can box and he's a lethal body puncher. Margo showed that you can get inside against Williams in rounds 6-10, and if Cotto gets in there, he could bust that long thin body badly. Cotto doesn't need to fight him right now. He throws a lot of punches, he is very tall and southpaw. But technically whats so special about him? I don't see anything but a tall ass lanky guy who throws nonstop pitter patter punches. It was easy in the early rounds just throwing over 100 punches since Margarito allowed him to move anywhere Paul wanted. Paul punches and takes a step back trying to keep his distance. A guy who knows how to cut the ring off will give him problems, doesn't have to be Cotto.

as for Cotto, it would be an akward fight, because Williams holds alot and I think that would piss Cotto off, but Cotto is a punisher, that knows how to finish, Williams is still Green, just is Middleweight walking around in Welterweight. But my boy Cintron would turn of the lights on this kid. Williams doesnt DESERVE to fight with guys like Mosley, Cotto, Mayweather or any of the elite welterweights, the only guy he deserves to fight is Cintron. Williams just hasnt proven himself, enough; one fight doesn't determine everything. I think you will have to rethink who hits harder,because to the body.....Cotto is just the best in boxing and if Paul ever fights Cotto, he will find that out the hard way. Cotto won't stay there blocking shots and not throwing, Cotto will come in and beat him up until Paul just cant continue.

So far since Cotto first started at 140 all of his opponents have been called "toughest test to date", yet you say none of them are better than PW opponents, or to Margo in this case, Margarito the same guy who lost to Daniel Santos, fuking Daniel Santos, come on man, how sorry can you be. back to Cotto...Williams has no shot against Cotto because he doesnt have 1 punch KO power and damn sure isnt gonna take 12 rounds of body Shots from Cotto...he also isnt going to throw 100 punches per round against Cotto...we see in every fight that people punch less against Cotto as the fight goes on, y? becasue he wears them out from the opening bell on...dont mention williams in the same breath as Cotto until he really does something...have him fight Cintron and we'll take it from there

But I'm telling you Kermit Cintron has a really good chance of beating Paul Williams, probably more of a chance than Cotto. Cintron boxes better now since Emanuel Steward took over and the training in Kronk may have made Cintron tougher. Cintron's power is scary and since he is taller and has long arms. He's got an excellent chance with Williams.

This is from the PR paper El Vocero, Cotto will fight anyone , he doesn't give a damn who it is.

By: Carlos Narvaez Rosario for El Vocero
    Miguel Cotto has no objections for Paul Williams being his next rival: if that is what Top Rank wants.

The unbeaten WBA welterweight champ has one more defense on his agenda before the year ends and Paul Williams is in 1st place of opponents dreaming of fighting Miguel Cotto, the welterweight division's new star.

Williams took the WBO belt from Antonio Margarito, defeating him by unanimous decision in a fight held at Carson, California.

The man known as 'The Punisher' was favored in the three judges' cards by scores of 115-113, 115-113, and 116-112 to maintain his unbeaten record and improve it to 33-0 with 24 KOs.

The victory places Williams on the doorstep of a possible unification fight with Cotto, who would not mind meeting him before 2007 is over with.

"Nothing impressive and I was not impressed at all with the fight," comment Evangelista Cotto, trainer and manager of the Caguas fighter. "I believe Margarito failed in his strategy. They left their strategy until too late and they had to put it in effect earlier because Margarito was stronger than Williams, whose only advantage was height and reach. I believe that Margarito could have won the fight," he added.

Cotto would have no problem with facing Williams, if that is what Top Rank (who have expressed frustration with Margarito since his close victory over Joshua Clottey) wants.

"I still have not discussed a future rival, but there is no problem in facing Williams. It's a matter of sitting down, talking, and coming to an economic agreement to then begin working," added Evangelista Cotto.

Cotto is coming off a career best showing in dispatching by TKO Super Zab Judah last June and this improve his record to 30-0 with 25 KOs, a similar record to Williams'.

The Caguas native could return to the ring between November or December for a new defense or a title unification.

"We still don't have a fixed date, but we know that we will make one more fight this year. It will either be November or December. Right now Miguel is traveling and we are waiting for him to return to talk. But we are not only willing to fight Williams, but everyone fighting at 147 lbs. In Williams' case, he is a boxer who does nothing extraordinarily, and his only advantage is his height and reach."
    Cotto is ****ing gangsta.

Anyone see the highlights to the RJ fight? He destroyed hanshaw...the kid never really had a chance and RJ...STILL...has the fastest hands in boxing P4P. No one can really rush him now because the combination of his fast hands and the fierce body punches he dishes out will make any foe crumble. Remember...he did send Ajamu to the hospital because of kidney failure from too many body punches being landed. The man is a BEAST and he's 38! He's calling out everybody too...he finally got his swagger back. I don't think Trinidad wants any now...he's not talking about RJ as much now...I think he's scared and wants to pick a safer comeback opponent.

Who throws consecutive uppercuts like that and stuns a boxer like that? NO ONE...this is why he is a legend. If he didn't lose that 18-25 pounds of muscle then he wouldn't have lost his G.O.A.T status...I'm glad the man is trying to redeem himself. Definitely the highlight of the night next to Paul Williams winning his world welterweight title.

There's no doubt that Paul Williams has what it takes to be a champ. His defense is suspect at times but his heart and punch output will give alot of boxers problems. The welterweight divsion is where it's at right now since Floyd Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya are returning to there stomping grounds. No one in that divsion can touch Floyd Mayweather but Cotto will give him problems. Nevertheless Floyd Mayweather is the smarter fighter and will make cotto fight his fight which is making cotto fall into mistake after mistake and rip his heart out of his opponents chest. Everyone wants to knock the snot out of Mayweather...the problem that is present is that no one can touch him...no one can get a clean punch on him because he's too fast and his defense is superior to everyone else's offense. This is why he's P4P the best right now. He can't pull off 6,7,8,9,10 punch combos and isn't close to legendary status like my boy RJ but he's the best out right now...
    Last edited by The 1 and Only; Aug 10, 2007 at 00:39.

B-Hop beats Winky...dag it's hard to hate on B-Hop just for the fact that the man is the hardest working man in boxing, he comes in with determination and comes out with perseverance. The biggest fight in boxing right now could possibly happen. RJ vs. B-Hop...clash of the legends.

"The WBO craves a rematch between Bernard and Roy so much that already they have them ranked #1 and #2 . Seems the writing is on the table for a mandatory title eliminator bout with the winner to face champion Zsolt Erdei (27-0 17koís). For the box office numbers though the real money maker is between the two old warhorses. Zsolt has left Europe and fought here in the States only once in 2002 when he was 10-0 to face journeyman Darren Whitley in Jersey. Other than that he stays mainly in Germany. Of course German fight fans flock to the arenas for their champions so a title fight there is worth big money for everyone."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I don't think it'll happen since roy already said he didn't want anything to do with B-Hop because he plays around too much and B-Hop wants to fight Joe Calzaghe...which he will destroy piece by piece. Especially if they fight in America since he won't have a ref from Denmark to call premature TKOs like they did against Peter Manfredo. Legends such as De La Hoya, RJ, B-Hop, and Evander "The Real Deal" Holyfield takes boxing on a different ride because at the end of the day they are not only fighting their next opponent but they are also fighting father time...and you can't do anything but root for them because they are legends and like most people we want legends to win and return back to their old form.

12th man

The best. Mosley is going down.
    Last edited by metrocard; Aug 02, 2007 at 15:09.

Was looking around youtube and saw this series on the RJ and Ruiz fight...

RJ is the baddest...fastest, P4P greatest fighter of our era. At his prime none of these present guys could even touch this man...Mayweather, De La Hoya, Hopkins, Hatton, Winky, Jermain Taylor, Cotto, Pavlick, Calzaghe....NONE OF THESE WANNABES could touch the true RJ. They might have a chance at the current shell of a version of RJ but the true RJ...the true RJ could never be stopped. He is the GOAT of our generation...that is all...
    Last edited by rady; Aug 11, 2007 at 17:10.